Prince got off easy in terms of Runes *minor spoilers*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Iku

Re: Prince got off easy in terms of Runes *minor spoilers*

Post by Iku »

i whole heartedly agree his burden isn't as bad as tir's or lazlo's, but thats still only half of the heroes (well technically even less then half) Id say hugo go off pretty easy as did riou, for pretty much your the reasons you gave.
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Well, I wouldn't say Riou got off easy either. I mean, as soon as he got his bright shield rune, it was destined that he fought the barer of the black sword rune. . i.e. Jowy.

But I guess if you're referring to it hurting the user directly, then. . yeah. Good point.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

If i really had to rank the main heroes (only) from least to greatest, in terms of the burden of responsibility they had in bearing a True Rune following their respective wars.

1. Prince Frey (indirect responsibility as he doesn't bear one, only shares in guarding one with others to help him do it)

2. Riou/Jowy (direct responsibility as both bear 1/2 of a True Runes, the rune doesn't demand the live be alone or a "horrible" thing could happen, but its still a lot direct power their responsible for upholding)

3. Hugo, Chris, and Geddoe (Same as riou/jowy, all 3 bear the direct responsibility of a true rune, though they to don't require a life of solitude in order to protect someone else from their curse, however they more responsibility than the previous ones as they are immortals the others are not.

4. Lazlo ( Rune of Punishment, for the reasons that have already been mentioned in this thread.. what more needs to be said, the only reason why its not #1 is because it no longer drains his life directly. The cycle of death is broken for now)

5. Tir (His rune basically requires solitude, and its one thing for you die by a rune, but to have a rune that could take the souls of all your friends at any point if you drop your guard or have a weak will for the rune to exploit is a scary prospect for any bearer, and for a whole host of other reasons, Tir bears this burden of great power and responsibility of "life and death" for centuries to come.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

Author wrote:
That's true, but since the topic is about the prince, he still got off the easiest with runes since he never had a True Rune :P
Nicely put, I have to agree with this statement. The prince got off way way easy, I mean yeah... his parents were killed along with his aunt, his nation crumbled but still he got off EASY.

If the Sun Rune chose him, and please don't give me the "Only the Queen of Falena can bare the Rune" talk! Remember Elton John? ^_^ Back to the main point. If his life was stirred by the Rune directly, then we could say he tasted punishment!

-The Soul Eater made those close to Tir die.
-Lazlo's Rune was a walking disaster, that threatened his life every second.
-Five Runes of Nature, each with an uncontrollable side effect, Flame Champion's True Fire Rune burned his allies and enemies for ten days....
-B&B (Bright Shield & Black Sword) drained their bearers strength.
-So if the Prince was chosen by the Sun Rune, we could say that he would face the lunacy curse. Much like, the Ancient Armes King (Not a Queen!!!) and Arshtat's curse.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Iku

Post by Iku »

i'm probably being incredibly stupid/ naive but what does elton john have to do with the price of eggs?
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Shinsengumi wrote: -So if the Prince was chosen by the Sun Rune, we could say that he would face the lunacy curse. Much like, the Ancient Armes King (Not a Queen!!!) and Arshtat's curse.
Now i imagine if the storyline of V had moved in such a way that Frey became in possess of the Sun Rune on his head...the game would have made provisions to allow to bear both the dawn and twilight runes and would combine with the 108 stars (..of course lol) to allow him to over come the insanity curse, ( just like how previous heroes overcame their rune's curses). So Frey would be free of the insanity curse, but would have all 3 runes to contend with..lol...
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Iku wrote:i'm probably being incredibly stupid/ naive but what does elton john have to do with the price of eggs?
Um.....what? There is nothing at all about eggs in there.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Iku

Post by Iku »

hehe its a british saying meaning : how is that relevent?.... sorry haha