Dolph's death *spoliers*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Dolph's death *spoliers*

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I was watching some of the SuikoV FMVs on the Internet, and i was watching the dual with Lyon and Dolph. first i forgot how tough dolph was to beat, let a lone kill. But watching the video again, and listen to dolph talk about not being able to die in the tradition ways, but when Frey attacks with his dawn rune..i look pretty cool i must say. For not being able to feel much pain, dolph really seemed to be in quite a lot of it when the dawn rune was crushing him. lol...a good rule of thumb to remember i suppose, never P-off a true rune(or close facsimile there of) bearer by attacking thier significant other. it generally will never end well for you. ...lol :)
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
LanceHeart

Re: Dolph's death *spoliers*

Post by LanceHeart »

The same happens when Nanami is shot in Suikoden 2. Gorudo probably has one of the most horrendously painful fights at that point.

Forgiver Sign and Hungry Fiend unleashed is a deadly combination indeed.
Formerly known as: Gothann
ShadowofLyon

Post by ShadowofLyon »

suiko2fan2 wrote:I was watching some of the SuikoV FMVs on the Internet, and i was watching the dual with Lyon and Dolph. first i forgot how tough dolph was to beat, let a lone kill. But watching the video again, and listen to dolph talk about not being able to die in the tradition ways, but when Frey attacks with his dawn rune..i look pretty cool i must say. For not being able to feel much pain, dolph really seemed to be in quite a lot of it when the dawn rune was crushing him. lol...a good rule of thumb to remember i suppose, never P-off a true rune(or close facsimile there of) bearer by attacking thier significant other. it generally will never end well for you. ...lol :)
If their weapons didn't hurt Dolph, then having a rune completely destroy seems like the most likely choice. Though i don't understand why Lyon didn't just bust open the Twilight rune on his butt right off back and finish him quick. It have been more cooler, if you as me.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I kinda viewed it as the Dawn Rune removing all of the drugs and stuff that was keeping Dolph going, "healing" him. Without the drugs and other stuff in his system, he just couldn't survive. It's also been a while since I last played that part of the game or even the game in general, so I could be wrong.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Yeah, that's how I took it. If you stab somebody when they're on heavy morphine, it probably won't hurt. But if some sucked all the drugs out of you, then stabbed you, i'm pretty sure it'd hurt like hell.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The drugs being drained out would already be painful enough, with instant withdrawal happening.

The stabbing would probably put you into a coma or finish you off.
Formerly known as: Gothann
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I kinda viewed it as the Dawn Rune removing all of the drugs and stuff that was keeping Dolph going, "healing" him. Without the drugs and other stuff in his system, he just couldn't survive. It's also been a while since I last played that part of the game or even the game in general, so I could be wrong.

i see what your saying...kind of like using healing magic on an undead creature..it has the opposite effect on its purpose...not a bad idea
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
i-heart-percival

Post by i-heart-percival »

there should be a series: "Suikoden Rehab" lmao j/k...sounds like a good fanfic
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

suiko2fan2 wrote:
Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I kinda viewed it as the Dawn Rune removing all of the drugs and stuff that was keeping Dolph going, "healing" him. Without the drugs and other stuff in his system, he just couldn't survive. It's also been a while since I last played that part of the game or even the game in general, so I could be wrong.

i see what your saying...kind of like using healing magic on an undead creature..it has the opposite effect on its purpose...not a bad idea
i don't think that's what Chris has in mind

it's like Dolph's body is very very sick

so sick that it needs a life support system

the chemicals from the Nether Gate drugs are all that's keeping him alive

now the Dawn Rune purified his body of all intoxication

it removed the life support system

... i think that's quite different from using Heal on the undead

i think that's Holy versus Dark properties
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Just like heroin addicts and alcoholics require these drugs to stay alive once they've become physically dependent on them (side note; no other drug is actually physically addictive, any other addiction is purely psychosomatic), so too does Dolph require the drugs developed by the Godwins and Nether Gate to function. He's so full of the stuff his body would no longer be able to cope without it.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

yeah it's like detox gone way bad