A process to obtaining the Sun Rune??

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

A process to obtaining the Sun Rune??

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Maybe this was answered somewhere else, thought i couldn't find it. But i talked with the different guards in the East and West Places toward the end of SV, and they said that only away a person could even be considered by the sun rune as potential bearer is that have the 1st have bore the dawn rune for a while and then the twilight rune for a brief time. Is so far as i can gather, this is the reason why the popular belief among the ppl that only "legitimate" queen can bear the Sun Rune if she needs too, is because she has previously underwent a process of bearing the other two guardian runes.

Apparently when a princess undergoes her ritual marriage pilgrimage, she 1st goes to East palace, bears the dawn for a brief time, continues to Lunas, etc...then once she is officially engaged she must go the west palace and bear the twilight rune for a small time, then finally when she bear comes queen, she is able to bear the sun rune if she must...The sun rune still has a will of it own obviously, so maybe the person has to bear the 1st two, they then a least meet the minimum requirement to bear the sun rune. I am not sure if this Falanian Royal tradition or rite of passage is the true way to be able to bear the sun rune, or if its just silly tradition and the rune choose its master whoever or whenever they want.... who knows, i just thought it was cool.

Also, i have this feeling someone will raise the stupid question about "dont the dawn and twilight get to choose their master too?" so i'll address it now. Yes they can, but as not being true runes, a skilled runemaster can put them on any person the really want, like Jeane and Alenia, but since this royal family ritual is just for a brief period of time, and not a deadly battle, it does really matter if the person has complete mastery of the rune or not, its just a ceremonial thing. But i'd wager, since all these solar powered runes seem to have a natural affinity to the Royal family, they probably go on them easily enough.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
sunstar25

Re: A process to obtaining the Sun Rune??

Post by sunstar25 »

That does sound about right. Despite the old legends that only a "legitimate" queen can bear the Sun Rune. The king of the Ancient Armes Dynasty did bear the rune once which means it is possible for a man to bear the rune. Marscal just had a tablet with him that tells how to draw out the rune's power.

I believe you have to have the guardian runes to be able to fully control the Sun Rune. Which means it might have been possible for Freyjadour to bear the Sun Rune since he did acquire both the Dawn and Twilight Runes. Anything's possible, he was the one that was chosen to lead the Stars of Destiny.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

The prince never aquired the Twilight rune, only Sialeeds and Lion did.

The ritual you refere to dosen't state the princess needs to BEAR the dawn and twilight runes, she merley needs to be blessed by them or bathed in there energy,the dawn and twilight runes are not supposed to leave there respected Palace.

The only time the Dawn and twilight runes will choose bearers is when the sun rune is sperated from them.Otherwise the only way for the dawn and twlight runes to have bearers would be for a very powerful mage such as jeane to FORCE THEM to a bearer like how the Twilight rune was forced to be beared by that female queens knight Alania

{its been a while since I even talked about suikoden...I think thats her name}
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i'm sorry but may i ask where was the Twilight Rune before the Godwins got their hand on it??

i only remember about the Dawn Rune being Stolen from the East palace by the Barows

which was then found under the basement of the Barows' Manse

i forgot about the Twilight...
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

I think it was still in the west palace because Gizel orderd Alenia to go there with Jeane to get it.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

hmmm... not too familiar with this West Palace...

ok thanks for the info

so if the Twilight Rune transferred to the Prince upon Sialeeds death instead of Lyon...

*gasp

The prince could've been the next bearer of the Sun Rune

even better, the next Queen of Falena

:D
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

I believe it had to do with the marriage ceremony. The Princess gets the blessings of the Dawn Rune prior to her marriage, the Twilight after her marriage. Only after the two blessings can one bear the Sun Rune. However, as evidenced by Arshtat, the bearer is driven insane unless both the Twilight and Dawn are born as well. This is also why only the Queen can possess the Sun Run, and explains why the symbol in Lunos was the Sun Rune in the forehead and the two other runes on either hand when Frey and Lyon held their runes up to open the secret passage.

At least this is what I believe the priest at the West Palace said, its been a while since I've played it. But since Lym never got blessed by the Dawn Rune, she couldn't bear the Sun rune.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

indeed as you said, but one thing is certain i wouldn't to bear the sun rune without the other 2 runes..kind of suck to have all that power, immortality, and responsibility, but not that sanity to use it wisely..lol

On the other hand, to have the sun rune, a TR, which as Leknaat noted many a times is a pretty Uberly powerful rune on its own(insanity not withstanding), but when accompanied by the dawn and twilight, which are pretty BA in their own right, but when all 3 of these solar powered beauties are used in harmony together, now thats gotta be epically god-like or something...
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Rune

Post by Rune »

I believe it's an attendant at the West Palace who states that during the rituals where the Queen/Princess receives the "blessing" of the Dawn and Twilight Runes, they actually bear the Runes for a short amount of time. I also assumed that you simply needed to have bore these two Runes to be truly accepted by the Sun Rune after I heard this.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i think that even if frey had borne both runes he couldnt have borne the sun rune, as itll only attach to the rightful monarch and that aint him, its his sister. Thats probably why it had no issue attaching to the king of Armes, it had nothing to do with gendar, but because of how falena (politically) works only a female could ever bear it.
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

suiko2fan2 wrote:Maybe this was answered somewhere else, thought i couldn't find it. But i talked with the different guards in the East and West Places toward the end of SV, and they said that only away a person could even be considered by the sun rune as potential bearer is that have the 1st have bore the dawn rune for a while and then the twilight rune for a brief time. Is so far as i can gather, this is the reason why the popular belief among the ppl that only "legitimate" queen can bear the Sun Rune if she needs too, is because she has previously underwent a process of bearing the other two guardian runes.

Apparently when a princess undergoes her ritual marriage pilgrimage, she 1st goes to East palace, bears the dawn for a brief time, continues to Lunas, etc...then once she is officially engaged she must go the west palace and bear the twilight rune for a small time, then finally when she bear comes queen, she is able to bear the sun rune if she must...The sun rune still has a will of it own obviously, so maybe the person has to bear the 1st two, they then a least meet the minimum requirement to bear the sun rune. I am not sure if this Falanian Royal tradition or rite of passage is the true way to be able to bear the sun rune, or if its just silly tradition and the rune choose its master whoever or whenever they want.... who knows, i just thought it was cool.

Also, i have this feeling someone will raise the stupid question about "dont the dawn and twilight get to choose their master too?" so i'll address it now. Yes they can, but as not being true runes, a skilled runemaster can put them on any person the really want, like Jeane and Alenia, but since this royal family ritual is just for a brief period of time, and not a deadly battle, it does really matter if the person has complete mastery of the rune or not, its just a ceremonial thing. But i'd wager, since all these solar powered runes seem to have a natural affinity to the Royal family, they probably go on them easily enough.
GJ. Find moar nao.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

The official who is right at the entrance to the rune room at the West palace says this:
A ceremony is held for royal family members to receive the blessing of the Dawn Rune upon their engagement.

Another is held for them to receive the blessing of the Twilight Rune upon their marriage.

During these ceremonies, they are allowed to possess the Runes, thoughonly for a short time.

Those who complete both ceremonies may possess the Sun Rune. This is why only the Queen can possess the Sun Rune.
----------------------
As luck would have it, Sialeeds didn't receive the blessing of the Dawn Rune upon her engagement.

Otherwise, when she managed to possess the Twilight Rune, she would've gained the power to possess the Sun Rune, too.
Possession of the two runes at one point in your life is required to possess the Sun Rune. You still have to be chosen by the Dawn and Twilight Runes, and as Alenia proved, ordinary people will generally not be chosen. However, as Lyon proved, you don't not absolutely have to be from the royal family to be chosen by one. Therefore, I doubt if you absolutely have to be the ruling Queen or King of the country. You just need to be chosen, like almost all other true rune bearers. It's just that the Sun rune might be little more picky (as was said before; though I can't remember if it was this thread, or another thread I found while I was looking for this one).
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Actually, the Sun rune is probably less picky as it goes to whoever is the monarch, rather than choosing a specific person for its specific goals.
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Iesous wrote:The official who is right at the entrance to the rune room at the West palace says this:

Possession of the two runes at one point in your life is required to possess the Sun Rune. You still have to be chosen by the Dawn and Twilight Runes, and as Alenia proved, ordinary people will generally not be chosen. However, as Lyon proved, you don't not absolutely have to be from the royal family to be chosen by one. Therefore, I doubt if you absolutely have to be the ruling Queen or King of the country. You just need to be chosen, like almost all other true rune bearers. It's just that the Sun rune might be little more picky (as was said before; though I can't remember if it was this thread, or another thread I found while I was looking for this one).
Perhaps, you don't even have had to bear both runes. I think both runes just have to find you worthy. And I'm sure if it was the Twilight rune that was stolen and not the dawn than the prince would've been able to bear it (game mechanics that he needs one of the runes not withstanding). I think the runes just go to whoever they find fitting I.E. the true element runes can go to Geddoe, Chris, or Hugo or Hikkusak's clones (Luc and Sassari are the only ones we know about) are able to bear TRs. I see it as you're good enough for one TR you're good enough for any. Though, I will say that the Sun rune seems like it would be more picky. That might be because its one of the strongest IMO. I mean sure the flame rune went crazy and wiped out a field of soliders but the sun rune went crazy and destroyed a kingdom instantly. Also, the punishment rune doenst strike me as that strong either and its like a cheap whore that jumps the closest person.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?