All True Runes Cursed?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Jeremiah Ecks

Re: All True Runes Cursed?

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Icegryphon wrote:I'm currently playing Suikoden 3 and this quote will give people more to discuss.

Jimba/Wyatt: Sometimes, I regret our immortality. I hope that there will come a day when we'll think of it as a form of freedom rather than a prison.

Geddoe: I hope that day comes soon.
Good quote. 8)

Interesting because Geddoe, from what I know, doesn't sound like the type of person who has accepted his 'curse' as freedom at all. Frankly, he doesn't seem to me to want to be involved in all this crazy massive destiny nonsense. If Hugo is a willing, passionate fighter, Geddoe seems the unwilling hero. (Dunno about Chris. :P ).

But you'd think from that comment that Geddoe has accepted the Rune as 'a form of freedom' - that whilst Wyatt isn't quite there yet, Geddoe is looking from a point later in the graph and saying to Wyatt, almost, I hope you get to where I am. Or, conversely, Geddoe is just wishing his friend some good tidings.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who likes Geddoe but couldn't get his character from the mangas at all.
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I actually see it as quite the opposite: He's agreeing with what Wyatt said. Wyatt was talking about how he'd want to see his agelessness be more than just a curse, and Geddoe agrees that it would be a nice thing to see it in another way.

The older True Rune bearers have likely come into contact with other bearers. Since True Runes often seem to be at the middle of wars that require the Stars of Destiny, it's safe to say bearers have either crossed blades or been allies in the past. The ones who have actually seen all of that happen would definitely be stuck with some grief, knowing that so many wars are fought while they stay eternal.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Geddoe does seem like a reluctant hero until he gets to the Flame Champion hideout, then Sana says that his optimism gave the Flame Champion faith/strength, and the reason Geddoe is kind of bitter is he never agreed with the Flame Champion's decision to leave his place in the world.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus