About the story of creation

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Sabrewulf

About the story of creation

Post by Sabrewulf »

"The 27 gems adorning Sword and Shield transformed into the 27 True Runes.
And thus began the world as we know it."
Something always bothered me about that part. 27 is an odd number so Sword and Shield coulden't have the same amount of jewels. I thought about a few possibilities.

- they were 27 Jewel jewels on both, when they killed eachother each jewel found it's counter part, a sort of ceremony of reconciliation between Sword and Shield but Bright Shield and Black Sword prefered to continue the original fight between (maybe they were the "soul" of the original Sword and Shield).

- they were 14 on each. 13 future True Runes + Bright Sword/ Bright Shield.

- they were 14 on one and 13 on the other. This one sounds too wrong to be correct.

- the story of the creation is nothing more than a story.

It would be interesting if it was one of the 2first possibilities.
We all know that Bright Shield and Blak Sword are doing the original fight over and over and the result is always the same.
-Genkaku vs Han
-Riou vs Jowy
-previous owners what we don't know about...

Now what would happen if the outcome of the original fight changed?
Since the stalemate is representing the beginning then the victory of either party would mean the end but the end of what?
If Bright Shield and Dark Sword had to combine would it form something like Darkness's tear or maybe Darkness itself and the entire universe would be like it never existed?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: About the story of creation

Post by patapi »

Sabrewulf wrote:If Bright Shield and Dark Sword had to combine would it form something like Darkness's tear or maybe Darkness itself and the entire universe would be like it never existed?
Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune combined would restore the Rune of Beginning to its true rune form.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

Afaik the Rune of Beginning never existed as a whole. I know that Bright Shield + Dark Sword would make the Rune of beginning but what i want to know is what that Rune represent.

I'm still stuck with the main question. How were the runes split when they were just jewels on the original Sword and Shield.
The first possibility (27 jewels on both, each of them representing an aspect of a True Rune) is going against the chaos/order theory.

The 13+Bright Shield 13+Black Sword would mean that all True Runes are 1jewel except the Rune of Beginning that whould be made out of 2jewels thus going against the "all True Runes are equal in power".

The 14-13 is totally impossible. Since the True Runes are equal in power the item with 14 Jewels on it would e more powerfull. It would aslo mean that one of them has the Rune of Beginning as a whole.

The latest one is possible but that would mean we don't know anything about the real story of the creation.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

The Rune of Beginning simply symbolizes the actual Sword and Shield of the Creation Myth, but it is not possible that it is the actual Sword and Shield based on the fact that the actual Sword and Shield created the 27 True Runes which means that they are not part of the 27 True Runes.

As for the even split, where 13 True Runes go to each side, which would not be Bright Shield or Black Sword because they are under the same jurisdiction as the other 26 True Runes.

There would be a split leading towards Chaos and Order, aka Shield and Sword. The Bright Shield and Black Sword seem to symbolize the Sword and Shield, so the Rune of Beginning would be neutral, resting in between both Sword and Shield or Order and Chaos. The other 26 True Runes would be split evenly between both of those aspects.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Sabrewulf wrote:The 13+Bright Shield 13+Black Sword would mean that all True Runes are 1jewel except the Rune of Beginning that whould be made out of 2jewels thus going against the "all True Runes are equal in power".

The 14-13 is totally impossible. Since the True Runes are equal in power the item with 14 Jewels on it would e more powerfull. It would aslo mean that one of them has the Rune of Beginning as a whole.
i prefer to think the shield have 27 jewels ( order jewels ) and sword 27 jewels ( chaos jewels ), and then when they both broked the jewels combined and created 27 jewels with that equal and oposite powers ( ying/yang, order/chaos or how u want to tell it )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
carmelenigma

Post by carmelenigma »

I think that there probably was 13 runes on both the sword and the shield, and another rune on the bond between them that was severed during their confromtation, similar to how the dawn and twilight runes were born from the sun and night runes. It would make sense that one of the more powerful runes like the sun rune or the rune of beginning would be that rune that linked both the sword to the sheild