Dawn and Twilight

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
soonket

Dawn and Twilight

Post by soonket »

Can someone tell me is both of them a true rune ?? thanks
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

0 for 2
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

in other words....no...no true runes
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

That's what I was going to ask about, too. I'm not surprised - they weren't great runes, except when combined against the end boss.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

a rune's purpose doesn't make its in-game fighting spells great or not...
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

That's what I mean - they were good in the story, mind, byut pretty bad in battle.
soonket

Post by soonket »

but y r they in the true rune section ?? tats y i ask.. not bcoz its useless
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the are sub-entries for the Sun Rune. should we not put important runes directly related to the true runes in that section? there's no real point to creating a new section called "not true but important/unique runes"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

just make a note in that entry saying that the dawn and twilight runes are not true runes
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:the are sub-entries for the Sun Rune. should we not put important runes directly related to the true runes in that section? there's no real point to creating a new section called "not true but important/unique runes"
But you have "often mistaken runes". I really don't see much reason for the Dawn and Twilight runes to be sub-entries for the Sun Rune when you don't give the Night Rune a sub-entry for it's Star Rune.

All other sub-entries are actual True Runes, or critical components to make one, while the Dawn and Dusk are not crucial parts to the Sun Rune. They just counter some side-effects.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

You're right that there should be more clarification on the page that the Dawn and Twilight Runes are *NOT* True Runes. Also, a similar Star Rune entry should be written.

They're on that page because there's no other logical place to read about them, and the entries for those two and the Sun Rune correlate enough that they're really meant to be read together. This may change in the future. That section of the site is going under an overhaul anyway, so its not gonna look the same for very long.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what official info do we actually have about the Star Rune?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

KFCrispy wrote:what official info do we actually have about the Star Rune?
we know that the star rune was born from both the sun rune and the Night rune...thats about it
Night

Post by Night »

son_michael wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:what official info do we actually have about the Star Rune?
we know that the star rune was born from both the sun rune and the Night rune...thats about it
You'll have to forgive my memory, but where did we find out it was born from both the Sun rune and the Night rune? I don't remember getting any tangible information regarding the Star rune in-game.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the old books only say Dawn and Twilight were born when Night severed its link to the Sun Rune