Sun Palace Attack Continuity Problem

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Sun Palace Attack Continuity Problem

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'm having trouble figuring out the continuity of events when Godwin attacks the Sun Palace.

When you're on the boat escaping the Sun Rune is seen returning to the Sealed Chamber, Sialeeds even says so.

But going by Galleon's flashback the Sun Rune should have returned there a good while ago by that point as Georg is standing over Arshtat as we see it return to the room.

Either there's a huge time gap between when the Sun Rune leaves Arshtat and when we see Killey in the room or the Sun Rune returns twice or I'm completely missing something.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It's all a lie, Arstat really just ran away as she was sick of being a mom to a silent protagonist! You've revealed the secret :lol:

Seriously though I think that you're right and there's a gap between when it leaves and when it returns to the chamber where Killey is, unlike in the cinema where it seems to happen right away
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Thank God I'm not the only other person that noticed that too!!! That left me scratching my head.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

freshmetal wrote:Thank God I'm not the only other person that noticed that too!!! That left me scratching my head.
Same thing here.

Kind of an annoying time gap. But not really a problem. Doesn't break the game.
soonket

Post by soonket »

mayb ferid beared it for a few minutes ?!?! lol
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

soonket wrote:mayb ferid beared it for a few minutes ?!?! lol
That pile of ash? I'd thought a corpse'd be more suitable.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

And before you suggest it, no one else could have worn it that didn't die shortly thereafter the sun rune isn't removable except upon death. I would imagine it's really picky about it's bearer too since both the dawn and twilight rune are.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I remember there being two large flashes of the Sun Rune light. The first one happening in the hall before meeting up with Georg. I think this flash was the one that actually signaled Arshtat's death. Once Georg joins you and you all get to the boat is when the second beam of light comes down and confirms to Sialeeds that Arshtat is dead and the Sun Rune has now returned to the Statue. That's my intrepretation anyways. :)