Timeline ~formerly:I'm very confused....

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Rasler

Timeline ~formerly:I'm very confused....

Post by Rasler »

Can anyone tell me the order of the suikoden( from I to V). I'm very confused after playing IV, i thought the island federation took place after Suiko 2 and 3, but after doing some research i realise it took more than 100 years ago, which i was very amazed.

And after reading about Ted's ending in IV, where he'll meet his true friend 150 years later, was it referring to Tir Mcdohl? Does this mean Suiko IV took place 150 years before I? And i heard II happened after I.... Does it also mean that Lazlo has been wandering with his Rune of Punishment for more than 150 years?

I tried reading the whole 'History' link, but it only gets me more confused. My original thought was that the history goes along from Suiko I--->II--->III--->Tactics---->IV--->tactics--->V, but apparently i'm terribly wrong and lost at the plot, would someone guide me to the right way? A short sum up of when the suikoden will take place will do. Thanks!

Please specify subject - Op
EnigmaticThief

Post by EnigmaticThief »

From what I gather, the timeline of the main storyline in each game goes something like this:

Suikoden IV >> Rhapsodia (Tactics) >> Suikoden I >> Suikoden V >> Suikoden II >> Suikoden III

For a more detailed look, check out the main site's History section where they have a detailed timeline.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Actually, Suikoden V came ~5 years before Suikoden I.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

And Tactics is before and after IV.

Therefore it's closer to;

Tactics -> IV -> Tactics -----------------------> V -> I -> II ---> III
Rasler

Post by Rasler »

Woah, so Suiko IV took place that long ago? I guess i shouldn't judge when different Suikoden took place by the graphics lol
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Why the hell would you do that in the first place? Under that assumption, GTA 3 should take place before San Andreas.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Wouldn't that be as simple as saying 'I guess I shouldn't assume that the games are numbered in order'.