What if a dead character came back in a future Suikoden

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
TrueBlood

What if a dead character came back in a future Suikoden

Post by TrueBlood »

Obviously, since their dead they won’t be coming back, but what if someone used say the Gate Rune, or a variation of it, to summon a dead character back into the world from one of the other worlds said to be in existence, like the world of emptiness or the world of wings and scales, to name a few.

I’d love to see Alenia as a Star of Destiny in a future Suikoden! Or Maybe Luca Blight! Come on you know that would be awesome!
The Rune of Blood governs "weakness" and "strength".
Pollensalta

Re: What if a dead character came back in a future Suikoden

Post by Pollensalta »

TrueBlood wrote: I’d love to see Alenia as a Star of Destiny in a future Suikoden! Or Maybe Luca Blight! Come on you know that would be awesome!
...no, it really wouldn't be.

The characters that are dead are dead for a reason. It would be senseless to randomly bring someone back in a future game. It would serve no purpose except to reverse an already good storyline.
Purr.
TrueBlood

Post by TrueBlood »

Bah...

Well I didn’t really mean as main characters, more like optional Stars of Destiny, but I suppose your right, though.

Hmm actually, you may have helped me…
The Rune of Blood governs "weakness" and "strength".
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

To give an example from another game series:

Shadow the Hedgehog's death was symbolic in Sonic Adventure 2. Then they brought him back because he was popular with the morons/masses. And they plonked him in his own game, which was a travesty.

Most characters that die generally fill out their own purpose. With Shadow's return in the Sonic series, they chose to divulge in his crap story instead of focusing on the limelight.

Simiarly, if a character such as Luca Blight came back, I could easily see him being over used/abused and steal too much limelight from the new story.

Plus, ressurection spells suck. Suikoden ain't Dragonball.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

No Suikoden V spoilers outside its forum.

Dead characters can return and play a role in another game. Remember Ted? Or Edgar?

That's why we have prequels.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

That's true, nut TrueBlood was implying they come back *after* dying. Which, really wouldn't be a good idea. Prequels are fine with me however.
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Neclord came back after he was destroyed.... they just say it wasn't him that was destroyed.

Windy is "missing", leaving the writers with some options. but if they bring her back it just shows more poor taste.

Crowley and Mazus and other powerful magicians may "come back" after many years if they actually die in a game, supporting the reincarnation theory.

but if more characters come back to defy death (not talking about prequels), it's just dumb, really.
"Deathblow" G

Post by "Deathblow" G »

I can see Windy coming back, based off the missing part and her Rune. But it shouldn't be intill the "end game" Suikoden where everything unfolds.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

i dont think Neclord will make an appearance in future suikoden ... unless it happens before s2 ...
if it isnt .. it's kinda weird dont you think ?
it's like konami has no other ideas to create another vampire
kelvin loves suikoden
riou83

Post by riou83 »

I can see some of them making returns but depending on the scope of their powers. Windy, Neclord, or even Yuber would be possible because we dont know the full extent of their powers them being evidently not normal people. people like Luca/Alenia are without a doubt dead with no plans of comming back outside the possibility of a prequal, which is still not likely since that would mean a return to Highland, Falena. which we probably wont see.
jowy_jillia

Post by jowy_jillia »

I Hope Sarah & Luc is coming back in some game.
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

jowy_jillia wrote:I Hope Sarah & Luc is coming back in some game.
Please no, Luc already had enough to go through the first three games I'd say let the guy and his lady have their rest.

Wasn't there a rumor or something Konami said a character that's supposed to be dead coming back in the future? Windy is defintely a possibility but as a wild card thought (this is my sister's, she kind of hopes for this though I extreamly doubt it would happen) what if it's Elza? It's not likely, but Clive did have two endings depending if you did his quest or not. And in the one in which you don't do it to the end it just mentions Clive's off to hunt for her again so there's always the possibility they go with the path in which Elza's not dead yet in a game. Or, like my sister hopefully puts, "Maybe she faked her death? Nanami faked hers."

As for characters dead and fully dead, only for prequels before their deaths please. Unless they reincarnate or something I'd dislike to see something like Luca Blight rising from the grave for no particular reason except for fanservice or to "look cool while angsting abut their death" because I find it ruins the story.
Iris

Post by Iris »

If Luc had to reappear, I'd want it to be as a ghost, or if it's a prequell, maybe as Leknaat saying "And this is my apprentice, Luc. Say hello Luc." He wouldn't be an SoD, but it'd be a throwback for the fans.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Certain characters posses the knowledge of reincarnation they are the only known ones who can defy death. This in itself is pushing it, but since they want to represent characters like this it is alright with me, but if they just bring random characters back because the fanboys what them back, that would be very disappointing. I hope Konami doesn't get that desperate for fans
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
lifesucksdie

Post by lifesucksdie »

LadyRhia wrote:I Hope Sarah & Luc is coming "Maybe she faked her death? Nanami faked hers."
Yeah I hate it when girls fake... :cry:
Anywho I bet Luc is going to come back. Sure he died but he did return to Leknaat. And he never really had a "body" to begin with.
blahblahblah.