What if a dead character came back in a future Suikoden

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: What if a dead character came back in a future Suikoden

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Unfortunatly there's no source for that.

What's it based on? Their bodies not being there if you backtrack? Or did Konami actually say somewhere that they disappeared? Is it in the novel? A shinso? Where does the notion come from?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Unfortunatly there's no source for that.
That's my complaint for a lot of the gensopedia articles. You never know if something is found in the games, some other media or even if it's just inferred. For instance, the Childerich article says, "His identity within the organisation is unconfirmed, although it is possible that he was Tsuranami, the head of Drug Development." This is pretty much impossible, since Shigure and Oboro both state that he wasn't in Nether Gate when they were in it. I posted about it on their boards in May and it still hasn't been fixed. I think the Gensopedia is great for getting information on characters and events, but in places it's hard to know if that info is reliable because of their lack of citation.

In this instance, I don't know if it's able to be backed up with explicit references, but I can think of an inference that might lead to the speculation that they're not dead. If you think about almost all of the staged fights through the castle, the bodies of the soldiers are always left behind. The only one that can't remember about off the top of my head is Han Cunningham.

However, on the other side of the argument, you don't usually expect to see the bodies laying around. Ain Gide's body wasn't left behind, but he definitely died. The absence of the bodies on screen does not mean that no one in the story found their bodies. And without an explicit statement, it would be irresponsible to assume that.

This is how I would argue either side if it came to it. It only comes to this point if there is no explicit reference to their bodies never being found. And even then, it shouldn't really be a discussion since there is an explicit reference to their dates of death.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I watched the gameplay of seed and culgan's last scene(gotta love youtube). when Riou leaves the room, they appear to be in the process of dying. Unfortunately, while the dialogue is suggestive of them dying, it doesn't explicitly show them dead, although their missing bodies suggests that dead or alive, some loyal soldiers felt it better that they not fall into enemy hands, and removed them from the castle, presumably through some secret passages, which all castles seem to be equipped with. whether they died or not is fairly open. at the very least I'd say they'd have to have given up they're former lives, and likely would have found other ways to improve and help highland. in that's the case, they might very well show up in another suikoden that takes place around highland. if they in fact died, you might find their graves in another suikoden, with some nice epitaph about their loyalty to highland. that all being said, unless the another suikoden includes Jillia as a star of destiny, I'd be doubtful that you'd ever see seed or culgan again regardless if whether they are dead or alive.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

well one thing for sure, i like to see luc n sarah again..
n this time the will be our companion of the ring.. err.. i mean companion of the star of destiny..
Chaos will suit me just fine