What if a dead character came back in a future Suikoden

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Nanami's fake death was arguably the worst 108 Stars bonus to date.

At least Gremio and Lyon's were real, providing enough substance to develop their games' respective true runes further through the plot.

No, no, no. No more fake deaths. Never. Not even doppelgangers, one Neclord was plentyof irritating.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Please do not mention a third return of Neclord.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Luc was my favourite character. All you yanks can play suiko 3 in america but us poor englishman are left in the cold (world's smallest violin starts playing) until I read the that Luc finally bites the dust. So I changed my favourite character to Yuber who wont die on me anytime soon
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

I realy liked Luc a lot but then just like sniper zegai my favorite charcter is Yuber simply because his clothes in suikoden 3 was SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! and i also like the mysterious feel when his around.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

Yeah Luc IS my favorite chatacter too !! altough he stay at the back of the row in my party due to his Poor Defence and attack.. but, Hes cool ! he been through with me in SI and II i kinda disappointed i use him in the game for ... 1 - 2 hour ?! =(

But yeah .. able to see him in S3 and his grown up face.. What can i ask for ?!

Yeah maybe his spirit or something might appear.. u never know u might get to see his grave ?

I bet Wendy will be back ! the gate rune that laknaat and wendy has is indeed a true rune that havent been combine back
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

But yeah .. able to see him in S3 and his grown up face.. What can i ask for ?!

Yeah maybe his spirit or something might appear.. you never know you might get to see his grave ?
Who knows? I still kind of like the idea of the wind rune appearing. Considering memories of the rune are apparant him showing up that way wouldn't be a surprise.
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

yeah i wonder would True Wind Rune will find another master or ?? Or vanish with Luc ?
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
Jeremiah Ecks

Re: What if a dead character came back in a future Suikoden

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I don't want Luc to come back. At all. His story had a beginning (apprentice with a hint of mystery), middle (arrogance growing, bad choices, and the mystery being fully flagged as such) and ending (villainy and death). He is possibly the best character arc in the series at all. His death would be meaningless, utterly meaningless, and out of the flow his life had, so no.

There aren't many other characters 'officially' dead to bring back though.
Sarah, Sialeeds, Neclord, Windy / Barbarossa, the Godwins, Dolph, Nether-Gate Dude, Luca Blight, Agares Blight, Ted, Seed, Culgan, Solon Jhee, and a whole bunch of Suiko IV and Tactics characters due to age.
Very, very few of those need a resurrection and especially not as a Star of Destiny.

Sarah could work but I don't think she's interesting without Luc, who needs to stay dead.
Sialeeds and the Godwins only work in the Falenan district - unless Suiko VI is unlikely set there, no point.
Barborossa's story has ended and he can stay dead. Windy, on the other hand, her story felt unfinished and like there was a lot more to do with her. She's probably the best on this list to bring back.
Neclord would be useless. He's had an uber-epic death, with all of his enemies ganging up on him. No point, no need and a second 'cheat' death would be ridiculous. Besides, he has no True Rune any more.
Luca Blight - could work but he'd need a supernatural element, thus changing his character significantly. Not good, no need.
Ted - his storyline has run it's course. No need.
So no, who does that leave?

Windy is the best option, she's the only option. Nobody else should come back from the dead at all IMO.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who plans to bring Chiepoo back from the dead.
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Barbarossa, Windy, Seed and Culgan are all officially listed as 'MIA' by Konami, not dead.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I thought Seed and Culgan were dead.

Windy and Barbarossa... good point.

So nobody can really come back, can they?

-Jeremiah Ecks,
whose loyal friend Sam died this morning - he's gotten to Heaven ahead of me, and I can't wait to see him again.
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Jeremiah Ecks wrote:I thought Seed and Culgan were dead.

Windy and Barbarossa... good point.

So nobody can really come back, can they?

-Jeremiah Ecks,
whose loyal friend Sam died this morning - he's gotten to Heaven ahead of me, and I can't wait to see him again.
I think the official word on Seed and Culgan is that their bodies were never discovered, so they couldn't be confirmed dead.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Barbarossa, Windy, Seed and Culgan are all officially listed as 'MIA' by Konami, not dead.
Konami have Seed and Culgan as MIA? They got dates of deaths, Barbarossa and Windy don't.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I might be wrong on this, but the date of their deaths in the suikosource database seems to be based on the assumption that Riou kills them, but my recollection of playing ( as well as refreshers from reading several online guides) is that after you beat them in battle for the last time, they admit defeat and let you pass, and you do, no deaths involved.
RangerDeon

Re:

Post by RangerDeon »

patapi wrote:Nanami's fake death was arguably the worst 108 Stars bonus to date.

At least Gremio and Lyon's were real, providing enough substance to develop their games' respective true runes further through the plot.

No, no, no. No more fake deaths. Never. Not even doppelgangers, one Neclord was plentyof irritating.
PLUS unlike Gremio and Lyon, you couldn't get her back at the end.
It was only a "SURPRISE!! LOL I LIED!" after you already beat the game. . . .

-.- <--- my face.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:Barbarossa, Windy, Seed and Culgan are all officially listed as 'MIA' by Konami, not dead.
Konami have Seed and Culgan as MIA? They got dates of deaths, Barbarossa and Windy don't.
True, they do have dates of deaths, but read this and you'll see that they are only presumed dead.