Dragon Horses and the True Dragon Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Futagi

Dragon Horses and the True Dragon Rune

Post by Futagi »

Does the True Dragon Rune have any bearing on whether or not the dragon horses can exist in the Suikoden world? Since the dragon horses seem to be a smaller, amphibious dragon and the dragon horses and their riders seem to have a relationship similar to dragon knights and their dragons in the northern continent, is it possible or known if the rune would affect them as well?
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Komataguri

Re: Dragon Horses and the True Dragon Rune

Post by Komataguri »

Futagi wrote:Does the True Dragon Rune have any bearing on whether or not the dragon horses can exist in the Suikoden world? Since the dragon horses seem to be a smaller, amphibious dragon and the dragon horses and their riders seem to have a relationship similar to dragon knights and their dragons in the northern continent, is it possible or known if the rune would affect them as well?
This has been covered before, General consensus was the dragon horses were just called dragons after their similarity to real dragons, but are a species native to the suiko dimension.

IIRC
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

They do look like dragons though. But then again, they are probably just unique to Falena, the same way Gullhorses are unique to Scarlet Moon.
Hmm...
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

It says in one of the old books that the Dragon Horses are native to Falena and the only place they can lay their eggs is in that cave in the river. That's why they're only found in Falena.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well why would they be called dragon horses if they werent related to dragons?

I say the dragon rune deffinetley controls them the same way it controls all dragons and I bet the world of wings and scales has tons of different dragon creature species, not just your average dragons
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:well why would they be called dragon horses if they werent related to dragons?
So. . . can you control dragonflies with the dragon rune then?

And sunflowers with the Sun rune?
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Hmm...though Son Micheal did add a point in that regular dragons come from the world of Wings and Scales... and dragonhorses lack wings.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

well why would they be called dragon horses if they werent related to dragons?
Eventhough there only seem to be Dragon Knights in Toran, Dragons are everywhere. They must have noticed the resemblance between Dragons and those Horse's and decided to call them dragon horses. But I doubt they also come from the world of Wings and Scales. Maybe Nagarea(who think Dragon horse's are the spawn of evil) also hate normal Dragons. So maybe, when Nagarea is shown in a later installement, we might see Dragon Knights again.
shinhawk

Post by shinhawk »

I wonder if the Dragon Knights and Dragon Cavalry ever worked together or if they even have anything to do with each other.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

They're on different continents, but considering it took the Dragon Cavalry long enough just to be on side for Falena, I'm not sure whether they'd have diplomatic relations elsewhere, it doesn't seem likely.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.