Flame Champion possible spoiler

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
CyrusVile

Flame Champion possible spoiler

Post by CyrusVile »

[spoiler] Is it just me or was anyone else dissapionted when you found out the Flame Champion was dead. I mean I understand that he wanted to grow old with Sana, but I thought he was a cool character I would have loved to have had him playable.[/spoiler]
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

I was actually surprised that he had died. I really thought he was going to be there alive and thought he was going to help out in the war but i guess it was ok because then the successor would get the True Fire Rune and that was alright.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Flame Champion being alive was the typical expectation (I even expected him to be the eventual Tenkai star that bring together the three main characters), but eventually I considered him being dead to be a good twist.
Darian

Post by Darian »

I wish he were alive simply because, looks-wise at least, he's my favorite Hero character even if he fits the term only loosely. :\
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think that the fact you cannot play as the Flame Champion shows he has a strong character, instead of bending to the will of his True Fire Rune he decided to seal off his True Fire Rune and live a happily married life with his wife Sana. Happy ending are rare in Suikoden in regards to those involved with True Runes, so this is a great ending for him.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

When she said, "Yes...this is Tao." Tao being the Flame champ name that I used. I thought he had turned into stone. Not died. Lol
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Ushiku wrote:I think that the fact you cannot play as the Flame Champion shows he has a strong character, instead of bending to the will of his True Fire Rune he decided to seal off his True Fire Rune and live a happily married life with his wife Sana. Happy ending are rare in Suikoden in regards to those involved with True Runes, so this is a great ending for him.
When someone bears a True Rune for a certain period of time and it is removed, they will die after a couple of months(or maybe weeks) so I don't really call that a happy marriage.
Zulias

Eh...

Post by Zulias »

Wraith, that fact is only true when they begin aging to meet their actual age. If the Flame Champion had only worn the rune for the war's length, he had plenty of time left, which was what was insinuated.

--Spoiler--

This fact was re-affirmed by Geddoe's response to his rune being stolen.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Is it known how old the Flame Champions was when he borne the True Fire Rune and how old he was when he died?
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
CyrusVile

Post by CyrusVile »

Didn't Graham Cray have the rune of punishment and cut off his arm to get rid of it. If thats the case he lived more than a few months after having it. Also he wasn't a old man in suikoden IV. So he didn't seem to have any bad aging affects after losing the rune.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Cray had the Rune of Punishment for a short amount of time and did not build a bond with it, therefore he is not subject to the same rule. Also, we cannot assume that there is a specific rule, but it seems that long-term bearers cannot live much longer when they part ways with their True Rune. As for the Flame Champion, he stripped himself from the True Fire Rune with a Sindarian technique.

He knew he was shortening his life span by doing this. So, I don't know if we can say it was because he bore the True Fire Rune for a prolonged period of time or was it because he stripped himself of the True Fire Rune by force. We do know that the Flame Champion did not bear the True Fire Rune as long as Geddoe bore the True Lightnong Rune. I believe he was the youngest among all three.
Melee Ace

Post by Melee Ace »

I think Geddoe mentions that the Flame Champion lives on for years afterwards if you choose him as the successor. How many years isn't mentioned though.
Night

Post by Night »

demon eye wrote:Cray had the Rune of Punishment for a short amount of time and did not build a bond with it, therefore he is not subject to the same rule.
I wouldn't have said it was anything to do with forming a bond, so much as it was because the rune hadn't actually needed to extend his life yet. Perhaps when he cut his arm off he aged the missing months really quickly, then returned to aging normally.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Zulias wrote:Wraith, that fact is only true when they begin aging to meet their actual age. If the Flame Champion had only worn the rune for the war's length, he had plenty of time left, which was what was insinuated.
The FC used a lot of energy to forcibly seal the TFR in his body which probably significantly reduced his lifespan.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!