The Ending (Spoilers)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Crono2000

Post by Crono2000 »

When I beat the game I had to leave my room really quick to help my dad and missed what exactly killed Lyon. So, what exactly killed her? Was she stabed by Marscal Godwin, similar to when she was stabbed by Dolph, or was it something else?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Crono2000 wrote:When I beat the game I had to leave my room really quick to help my dad and missed what exactly killed Lyon. So, what exactly killed her? Was she stabed by Marscal Godwin, similar to when she was stabbed by Dolph, or was it something else?
No, she simply collapsed. You can understand the confusion that caused us. Most of us figured her wound reoppened.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Yeah, but most plausible explanation of why she died after fighting the Sun Rune and sealing it, has been throughly analized in the last page. Basically, the healing was undone, since the Dawn and Twilight Runes draw power from the Sun Rune.

It would help explain why Sialeeds didn't ask for healing by the prince. They Dawn Rune was quite likely weakened by the sealijng of the Sun Rune's power, hence it wouldn't be able to bring back someone from death's door.
Hmm...
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

No, I don't think Sialeeds asked for healing because she didn't want it, although the strain of using the Dawn Rune's power like that would probably have caused bodily harm to the Prince.

As for the Sun Rune, I think that the Dawn Rune was weakened, but not by sealing the Sun Rune. The Prince and Lyon used a lot of power to prevent the Sun Rune from destroying them, as well as sealing the rune again. That strain is too much for Lyon, whose already been forcing herself in extreme terrain, just like it strains Sialeeds to draw upon the Twilight Rune after being beaten to a pulp.
-M
dfvzdfxf

Post by dfvzdfxf »

[quote="Chef Boyardee"]The only really EVIL thing in the game was the whole 'Falena for Falenan' things, and once again, Gizel and Marcel were doing it because they THOUGHT it was right. Although the Godwins, Zahhak, and Alenia had a skewed sense of right and wrong, I think they were ultimately good, which kind of explains the ending.[/quote]

I can't agree with that. Just because you think it is right does not make it so. I'm sure Hitler thought he was right but I don't think he was ultimately good. And his actions were certainly not right. Marscal and Gizel were inherently evil -- Alenia was just brain washed, Zahhak and Childerich were bloodthirsty and Dolph was just an "honorable" assassin -- none of them wanted any good for Falena, unless it was at the expense of everyone else.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I wouldn't lump Marscal and Gizel together like that.

Marscal had all the idealogy in the family. Gizel didn't seem to really care, and signs even show that he started to try to sabotage his father towards the end of the war. He's too smart to actually appoint Childerich as a Queen's Knight as a strategic decision meant to succeed.

I'm inclined to think that his real thoughts throughout most of the game are summed up right before his duel with the Prince at the end - he looked upon the situation more as an outsider, going along with his dad because it was the easiest path for him to take.

You could say that Gizel is evil because despite all of his perspective, wit, and power, he helped his father's cause so well, even if he didn't really believe in it. But putting them in the same sentence, with the same goals, seems to me to just be ignoring the last half of the game.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Also, Marscal loves Falena. He may not be the most ethical person in the world, but he's never done anything that would make someone suspect he wasn't doing this for the good of Falena. He wasn't interested in all Falenans though, such as the gladiators and the demi-humans, but he did want Falena to prosper. Then again, he didn't consider them "Falenans", so that might not count depending on how you look at things.

Evil, but not a "I don't give a rat's ass about this place, burn it all down!!" type of dude.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

He simply had a different view of what Falena should be.

Which can arguably be a point of view difference. Of course, when your view involves stripping the freedoms (and often the lives) of others, that can hurt its validity.
Georg P.

Post by Georg P. »

Chaos_Zero wrote:Would anyone here consider recording all the possible endings an uploading to something like rapidshare? I can't be arsed to replay the game for another 60 hours to get the normal endings. At least, for now. I just can't NOT get less than 108 SoD, lol.
If i am not mistaken, you don't have to. Just replay from right before the final major battle. Try and get one of your charectors to die in this battle (construct a weak unit and let them battle till they run out of sodiers). If you do this with one or two units (not all, you still need to win this battle), and get one of the charecters to die, you should get the normal ending.

Not sure though, can someone verify if this would work?
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

what is the ending if your SoD are below 50? i heard that the prince is wandering inside the mountains, but i am not too sure about it..
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

ending... ending of the story...

it makes me think

in all suikoden the hero have a true rune, that he protects and bears, with his powers, preventing from bad-usage of the rune

but in sV, the prince inst ageless, he havent any true rune, and will die in some years, the sun rune is in sol-falena but isnt 100% sealed, and a plot like godwin with sun rune could happen another time..

this is weird.. :shock:
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Iris

Post by Iris »

Riou didn't have a True Rune, just a component of one. It didn't make him immortal at all, unless you got the Bad+ ending where Jowy died.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

no, a half true rune gives being ageless too ( see leknat and windy for exemple )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Iris

Post by Iris »

Coffeebeans and water, dear. Coffeebeans and water.