Aging after true rune~fomerly:"Flame Champion"

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Chinese Rice

Aging after true rune~fomerly:"Flame Champion"

Post by Chinese Rice »

I have a question about him.when the big explosion occured and he sealed his rune then does that mean he suddenly ages?Like his face ?does it look old all of a sudden?I know he dies its just that I'm confused about how he died.

Edit by Oppenheimer: Your topic had pretty much the same title as "the original flame champion". In future, please either post in that thread or make a title show that this is a different topic. Title changed.
For anyone who has live my gamertag is

Shadowstrike416

and also im a suikoden fan.....ummmm of course :)
Chinese Rice

Post by Chinese Rice »

ok sorry, didnt know

Shadowstrike416

Stan

Post by Stan »

I'm not sure because Wyatt or Jimba, sealed his rune to but never aged, he died when trying to stop others from using the power.
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Wyatt's sealing was different, because he only sealed half of the Rune, which granted him agelessness.

As to the actual question, I have no idea.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Your right Jowy Atreides, Jimba's sealing was different then The flame Champions. I forgot that he only sealed half of the rune, thanks for reminding me!
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, if what Luc states in Suikoden 3 when he takes Geddoe's True Rune form him has any relevance, then if you have bore a True Rune for a long period of time such that your body has become dependant on it, then your body will take on the effects of losing the source of its longevity causing a sort of trauma to the body which causes rapid aging and inevitable death. At least that is sort of what Luc implies.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

also Luc said Geddeo will still have some "residue" (forgot what was actually said) of the True Lightning Rune on him so the TLR hasn't completely left Geddeo. But in time, Geddeo will die. I think the true rune stops the aging process like freezing people in cyrogenic chambers. But once they're without the true rune, the aging process will simply continue and not suddenly have all those years catch up to you at once.
Strategy is the key to victory!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

luc said that since geddoe has had his true rune for a long time, he will be able to survive a bit longer because the runes power was still within geddoes body. So even though he lost his rune, geddoe still has some of the runes power in him because he had it for so long
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The point I was trying to make is that once the effects of the True Rune completely left his body, Luc was making it seem as if his body would completely lose its ability to sustain itself and it would undergo a rapid aging process and expire. Sania (Flame Champion's wife/girlfriend etc) mentions that the Flame Champion didn't last too long when he completely sealed the True Fire Rune. It doesn't look like a person who bears a True Rune for a long duration of time can last more than a year without it. Sort of how an addict has all those severe symptons when they go on detox I guess.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

I don't think the orginal flame champion died from aging though. Probably got killed or suffered a fatal disease or something...
Stan

Post by Stan »

I don't remeber Sana saying he didn't last long without the true rune, are you sure she said that?
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I remember her saying, "the flame champion died shortly after sealing the true fire rune"
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

basically i don't think we know the cause of death of the original flame champ...
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

There should be enough proof from Sana that the FC died of aging. If you read the S3 manga, you'll probably get more evidence.

OOT: By the way, Kingdom Hearts manga is out in Singapore on the 11 October!!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Chinese Rice

Post by Chinese Rice »

ya I only read the first 3 mangas

Shadowstrike416