Teo & Ted in Suikoden I

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Eroschilles

Teo & Ted in Suikoden I

Post by Eroschilles »

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or if this question has already been answered...

Teo found Ted wandering after a battle during the Succession Wars, which occurs aproximately seven years prior to Suikoden 1 as I recall. Ted appears in Suikoden 4 at the same apearance of age as he does in Suikoden 1 (An age at which I'm accustom to see people age past under normal circumstance). I assume that Teo finds Ted at the same age-appearance that Ted was at in Suikoden 4 & 1. True Rune bearers have the tendancy not to age, which I assume (As many do) applies to Ted. Ted lived with the McDohl household since Teo found him in the Succession War, as I recall.

So why does Teo not notice or make comment on Ted's lack of aging? Why doesn't anyone else notice or make comment?

Was it just me or was anyone else under the impression that Tir & Ted were consindered to be at the same age level? How could that be if Ted was found by Teo appearing at the same age-appearance and remaining consistantly the same appearance? Would he be consindered older than Tir?
ViktoryCastle

Answer

Post by ViktoryCastle »

Well, I guess because since they only new him seven years+ that they may not have noticed much of a change. I have a friend who looks the same at age 17 as he did at age 12. So maybe they were oblivious to the fact he had a rune and just figured he "aged well".
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

True, but as we learned in LoZ, you can age a lot in 7 years. I never really thought about the fact that they didn't notice it. Maybe he told Teo about his Rune and therefore Teo didn't make a big deal about it to help him hide it. I think this makes since because the Empire wasn't after him yet, so Teo shouldn't be opposed to it.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

If Teo knew and just kept quiet, it still doesn't explain why Pahn, Cleo, and Gremio didn't take notice. I'm still confused why he was considered the same age as Tir if he was found to be around the age of a sixteen year old (at least in appearance) during the Succession war.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Eroschilles wrote:If Teo knew and just kept quiet, it still doesn't explain why Pahn, Cleo, and Gremio didn't take notice. I'm still confused why he was considered the same age as Tir if he was found to be around the age of a sixteen year old (at least in appearance) during the Succession war.
wow
that is right
hmm
i bet konami has some reason
they always got info on characters in which they dont show in games
it makes me so curious
alot of characters r very mysterious
which i think makes this game really fun
Karniwhore

Post by Karniwhore »

hmm.. but no one seems surprised when Ted tells Futch that he happens to be 300 years old.. so maybye ha told everyone in the household.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Karniwhore wrote:hmm.. but no one seems surprised when Ted tells Futch that he happens to be 300 years old.. so maybye ha told everyone in the household.
That was a slip of the tongue because Futch pissed him off.

Futch tends to have that way with people in Suiko1.
Lazlo Mcdohl

Post by Lazlo Mcdohl »

Futch>everyone else except Lazlo and Tir
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

He was most likely seen as somebody at the late teenage/early adulthood age. Some people look the same at around 16 as they do at 23, especially if they've reached a steady height and aren't growing rapidly like in puberty, this could be the case with Ted, it most likely is.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

maybe he ages a little ... like Luc ... he looks a bit different from s2 and s3
kelvin loves suikoden
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Well, why not to say that Pahn and company did notice it, he explained he has a special rune that is saving him from aging, but have on our mind taht he iddnt go to details?

Whan he XXX, he told Tir that he was his only friend in 400 years, but no one took special suprise on that, so i belive that they knew that he is someway diferent.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

Thats true, but the thing is he told them about the rune after he was injured. in which Cleo and Gremio were suprised id hav to agree that most likely its that he aged slowly so they thought he simply aged gracefully. The truth is its like Luc and I believe Geddoe just because they had gotten a rune they didnt entirely stop aging, because Geddoe looked slightly older during suikoden 3 gameplay then flashbacks it seemed.

As Luc looked slightly older in Suikoden 3 then in Suikoden 2.
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

But was someone look is not scahging only by his age, but alsno about ehat he do, is he under stress, is he fighting a lot and so one.