The 27 True Runes

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Future Saiyan

Post by Future Saiyan »

Speaking of True Runes, we know that they are extremely powerful. From SIII, we're told of what the True Fire Rune did to the armies of Grassland and Harmonia, and we see a little of what the True Water could do. Now Luc said that power of the 5 True Runes of Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, and Wind together can decimate the entire Grassland region. Ok, it's easy to understand how the destruction would look like because those True Runes are based on elements. Now let's say what if the power of the Soul Eater were to go out of control, would it start sucking souls like crazy??? I mean True Runes like Soul Eater, Dragon Rune, Circle Rune, etc. don't really have element status.....I mean besides the Rune of Punishment, I haven't really seen the other runes (non-element) in action besides those that are shown in-game. I mean the Rune of Punishment shoot out a freaking laser.....??? I mean Runes with a simple name like Sun Rune is self-explanatory......but ones like Circle Rune, you have no idea how it'll look like in action. The True Fire Rune incident burned for 10 days straight......
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

It is my belief that the ressurection rune is a product of the Soul Eater.

Since it covers the Life Aspect of the rune, while the Darkness rune represents its Death Aspect.

That is my belief, atleast.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I was under the impression that it was a low tier branching from the Night Rune since its strong against the undead, just like the Night Rune itself.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

I’d imagine the Soul Eater rune would be somewhat like the rune of punishment, but it would have no effect on things that weren’t alive. Everything that was however would disappear, after a suitably creepy special effect.

It would be... a truly horrible thing to unleash, I've no doubt it would decide to chow down on a few of your allies as well.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

That's probably why Leknaat told Tir McDohl that it would be too dangerous for him to use the full power of the Soul Eater when she and Joshua were fighting against Windy.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
nasse

Post by nasse »

first post yay,nice to meet ya guys! :D

oh and my opinion,

we know it pretty well that Rune of Punishment can shoot that shockin laser which destroy many ships instantly.

that's awesome in physical destruction however you must sacrifice your "life power" little by little until you die, that's absolutely painful right? even Lazlo fainted just after using that rune.

the good thing that it's now in "not-sucking-your master-life" state, thanks to 108 stars of destiny

now how about Souleater?

based on the game we've never saw Tir being so painful when releasing the rune's power, but imagine if everybody you love, you care about, "lost" their souls because of you?

well in my opinion this power of the rune can destroy yourself psychologically, you'll feel sinful and may take a suicide :twisted:

Tir maybe tought that and never unleash the true rune's true power to win the game..er.. the war
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

nasse wrote:first post yay,nice to meet yes guys! :D

oh and my opinion,

we know it pretty well that Rune of Punishment can shoot that shockin laser which destroy many ships instantly.

that's awesome in physical destruction however you must sacrifice your "life power" little by little until you die, that's absolutely painful right? even Lazlo fainted just after using that rune.

the good thing that it's now in "not-sucking-your master-life" state, thanks to 108 stars of destiny

now how about Souleater?

based on the game we've never saw Tir being so painful when releasing the rune's power, but imagine if everybody you love, you care about, "lost" their souls because of you?

well in my opinion this power of the rune can destroy yourself psychologically, you'll feel sinful and may take a suicide :twisted:

Tir maybe tought that and never unleash the true rune's true power to win the game..er.. the war
Tir McDohl wanted to use the Soul Eaters full power but Leknaat advized him not to, telling him that it was too dangerous to unleash the full power of the True Rune.
nasse

Post by nasse »

Tir McDohl wanted to use the Soul Eaters full power but Leknaat advized him not to, telling him that it was too dangerous to unleash the full power of the True Rune.
is that so, maybe i forgot the game :D

but wasnt Tir always play silent and we can think that it was only leeknat's advice to tir
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

When the tenkai star is the main character naturally they are controlled by us in the game, but it doesn't give them a cause or a personality, we always know what they want to achieve and why, and we find this by their interactions with others and how others relate to them, even if it is us who control them.

Such examples of this would be in Suikoden 2 where Tir McDohl has his own speech and personality as a recruitable character. Similarly we see more of Riou's personality in his flashback scenes with Nanami and Jowy, I haven't played Suikoden Tactics but people have said that Lazlo En Kuldes shows his own personality when not under the control of us as the tenkai star.
Aryano

Post by Aryano »

Interesting...
But does anyone have pictures of all the known True Runes?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

In this topic is the Suikoden V intro video it displays all current true runes. You cannot post in the topic as it is locked and please don't post any information about Suikoden V outside of its thread. But there you go.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4505
Aryano

Post by Aryano »

Thanks, but I'm really looking to find pictures as I want to have a Rune Tattoo badly :)
Any ideas?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Aryano wrote:Thanks, but I'm really looking to find pictures as I want to have a Rune Tattoo badly :)
Any ideas?
Google is your friend.

http://images.google.be/images?q=True+R ... N&filter=0

Be carefull though. Some runes are fanwork or the wrong one.