The 27 True Runes

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
True Wind Bearer

The 27 True Runes

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Can someone give me a complete list of all 27 true runes?
Last edited by True Wind Bearer on Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Konami hasn't release the full list of the 27 True Runes yet.
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

There are 17 known true runes.

Go here for a list and some information on them - http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/

There are only 16 there because S4's true rune has not been added but it is The Punishment rune.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

Odd. I thought that perhaps the Dragon Rune was spawned off the Beast Rune in the same way that the Darkness rune seems to be related to the Soul Eater. Maybe Fury Runes are more closely related to the Beast Rune?

This also makes me wonder where Resurrection Runes fit in. Would they be related to True Water (healing) or the Soul Eater (in its Life aspect)?
<tba>
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

The Resurrection rune could possibly be related to the Blue Moon rune.

The Darkness rune is related to the Soul Eater.

And the Water and Flowing runes are related to the True water.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

the ressurrection rune is most likely a branch off from the night rune then the blue moon rune..the ressurrection rune is strong against the undead,infact it kill them..the blue moon create them..so it can't be that ressurection is from the blue moon..

also this is just my opinion..the ressurection might come from a totally different true rune that has not yet made appearance..

one way how i try relating the normal runes to the runes is by the rune symbols..the ressurection rune symbol is different from the blue moon..infact totally different..not much similarities..we haven't see the night rune symbol yet..so it has higher chances that it's a branch off from the night rune.. :wink:
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

KoboldsRule wrote:Odd. I thought that perhaps the Dragon Rune was spawned off the Beast Rune in the same way that the Darkness rune seems to be related to the Soul Eater. Maybe Fury Runes are more closely related to the Beast Rune?
The Dragon Rune itself is a True Rune. It would not make any sense if it spawns of from another True Rune (Beast Rune) and still inherit the aspects of a True Rune.

Or maybe it is? :shock:
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Dragon Rune is a True Rune of its own, not a sublet of another.
LunasMeow

Post by LunasMeow »

27 True Runes
The 27 True Runes are the source of all power in the world of Gensou Suikoden; to become mighty, their existence is absolutely essential. So, let’s introduce the abilities and bearers of the various True Runes which have been revealed in the series so far.
---

True Fire Rune
Bearer: Geddoe, Chris, or Hugo (whichever inherited it)
One of the 5 true elemental runes. It holds the power to command fire. It was formerly held by the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, but the Flame Champion of the Grasslands inherited it when he/she snuck into Harmonia Temple and stole it.

True Water Rune
Bearer: Wyatt Lightfellow
One of the 5 true elemental runes. It holds the power to command water. In order to keep it from the hands of the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, Wyatt Lightfellow, the previous owner, sealed it within the Sindar Ruins, which lay at the heart of the Grasslands’ Ancient Highway.

True Lightning Rune
Bearer: Geddoe
One of the 5 true elemental runes. It holds the power to command lightning. Its inheritor, Geddoe, has a longstanding relationship with the inheritor of the True Fire Rune (the Flame Champion) and the inheritor of the True Water Rune (Wyatt Lightfellow).

True Wind Rune
Bearer: Luc
One of the 5 true elemental runes. It holds the power to command the wind. Its bearer is Luc, a disciple of Leknaat the Seer. His soul was joined with the true wind rune, and so he continually witnesses the memories the rune holds of a gray future.

True Earth Rune
Bearer: Sasarai
One of the 5 true elemental runes. It holds the power to command the earth. Its bearer is Sasarai, a commander of the Holy Army of Harmonia. He, along with Luc, was brought into the world as a duplicate of Hikusaak, High Priest of Harmonia.

Circle Rune
Bearer: Hikusaak
The embodiment of “law,” this rune causes both order and stagnation. It has been passed down in the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia since ancient times, but details of its abilities are wrapped in mystery. Its bearer is Hikusaak, the High Priest of Harmonia.

Soul Eater
Bearer: Protagonist of Suikoden I
A rune that hides the enormous power of dominion over life and death. It is also called such things as the “Soul Eater” or the “Cursed Rune” because it holds a terrifying fate, that of stealing away the souls of those closest to its bearer. It is currently borne in the right hand of the leader of the Toran Liberation Army – the protagonist of Suikoden I.

Rune of Beginning
Bearer: Bright Shield Rune/Protagonist of Suikoden II
Black Sword Rune/Jowy

It was split into two aspects, that of the Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune. One who bears them both is given the power of immortality and the power to judge the order and chaos of battle. However, when they are each borne by a different person, they are not granted immortality, and whenever they use the power to judge battle, they shave off some of their own life.

Moon Rune
Bearer: Sierra
A true rune which holds the power to grant compassion to the Tribe of Night. During the Dunan Unification War, its legitimate owner was Sierra, progenitor of vampires, who joined the New Alliance Army. Previously, she had enshrined it in the Village of the Blue Moon, where as the village master she gave power to the vampires.

Gate Rune
Bearer: Front/Missing
Back/Leknaat
Said to hold the power to open a gate to another world. Exists in two aspects, the front (or exit) half and the back (or entrance) half, and so its ownership is also divided between two bearers. Once, the front half was borne by Windy, the Court Magician of the Scarlet Moon Empire, but her whereabouts are currently unknown. The back half is borne by Leknaat the Seer.

Night Rune
Bearer: Edge
A rune which commands those who reside in the domain of night. Can change into the form of a sword that has a will of its own, called the Zodiac Sword/Star Dragon Sword, which can defeat vampires. Because of this, it cannot be brandished by anyone the Sword does not deem to have the proper qualifications. Currently it has been entrusted to Edge by Viktor the Vagabond.

Dragon Rune
Bearer: Joshua, Captain of the Dragon Knights *Suikoden I Only, Milia, Captain of the Dragon Knights
A rune which is borne by the captains of the Dragon Knights, passing it down through the ages. Holds the ability to lead dragons. The rune is only inherited upon the death of its bearer, but when the bearer dies, so too do the dragons. Thus, except in the case of accidental death, the rune is rarely inherited.

Sovereign Rune
Bearer: Missing
A rune which holds the ability to seal the power of the other runes, as well as the ability to transform into a three-headed golden dragon. Previously, it was borne by Barbarossa Rugner, the Emperor of the Crimson Moon Empire, who had sealed it within his King Dragon Sword. The Emperor’s whereabouts are unknown after the fall of the empire, and so the rune’s whereabouts are also unknown.

Beast Rune
Bearer: None
A rune which commands the soul of violence and frenzied passion*. Holds the power to reveal the fierce emotions and life force which reside in living things. The family of Blight ruled their kingdom with is divine protection. During the Dunan War, Luca Blight schemed to give spirit to the people with this rune, and with that power destroy the world.

Note: The previous was information was posted by jainsafel on 2005-09-26 with the exception of Joshua’s name added to the dragon rune and the note at the top of the page being added by me. Also added the name Star Dragon Sword to Zodiac Sword.

True Rune of Punishment
Bearer: Suikoden IV Hero
A rune which commands punishment and forgiveness. Those who used the true power of the rune always died and the rune passed to another owner, at least until it was passed to the hero who for some unexplained reason is able to use its true power without dying. (4 times in total.)

Rune of Change
Bearer: Unknown (Leader of the Sindar)
A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindar hold this rune, forcing the Sindar to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindar finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Might wanna credit someone for that information. People that don't read the main site very often might think you found all that information, which would be wrong. Sure, you added stuff, but most of it was taken from somewhere else besides yourself.
Punishment_xmas

Post by Punishment_xmas »

I want see True Rune Of the End Or Ending Rune (Sure)
Time or Chrono Rune (Notcomfrim)
Zodiac Rune (Notcomfrim)
Heart or Love Rune (Notcomfrim)

Begining and Ending
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Technically, the Rune of Beginning is the same as a True Rune of the End because without a beginning there is no end, thus beginning implies the end of something else, so in essence it is the Rune of Beginning and the end all in one. Well, that is if you let reason be your guide.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

demon eye wrote:Technically, the Rune of Beginning is the same as a True Rune of the End because without a beginning there is no end, thus beginning implies the end of something else, so in essence it is the Rune of Beginning and the end all in one. Well, that is if you let reason be your guide.

Not many people on suiko source who let reason be there guide, Fact rules with an iron fist here
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yes, demon eye is correct. The Rune of the Beginning is a rune the represents beginnings, but it also has the power for "final judgement." That pretty much translates to "ending all things." Analysis based on simple dualism is rarely correct in Suikoden, because most true runes incorporate both spectrums of a concept (such as life and death represented by Souleater, and Order and Stagnation represented by the Circle Rune).

The Moon Rune and Sun Rune are often referred to as a source of justifying dualistic elements within the definition of True Runes, but symbolically, the Sun and Moon are not opposites. You don't see very many stories (or non at all) in various mythological tales where sun gods battle with moon gods (Helios and Selene from Greek mythology were siblings who got along, and Tsukuyomi, Japanese god of the moon, was a loyal servant of the sun goddess, Amaterasu).
LunasMeow

Post by LunasMeow »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Might wanna credit someone for that information. People that don't read the main site very often might think you found all that information, which would be wrong. Sure, you added stuff, but most of it was taken from somewhere else besides yourself.
I did. I put in a note between the info on here already, and the info I added giving credit. I was going to bold it to make it stand out more, but for some reason the bold wouldn't work.