A more..modern Suikoden?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

RageRune wrote: True. But i would'nt mind having somewhat some advanced technology in future suikoden games. Just not the level of FF or Xenosaga.
The only logical source this advanced technology can come from the Suikoden world is Harmonia or the Howling Voice Guild. Personally, I would prefer them to limit it to Guns or maybe some other minor items. I do not want to see Harmonia introducing battle mechs, tanks or some flying hovercraft to the Suikoden world. Those stuffs are just so typically found in other RPGs, not only the FF series.

I just hope Suikoden stays as medieval as it can.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Actually, the source for most of the technology within Suiko is either Alchemy, or the Sindar. Advancements in the field of technology would probably come from them as well.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Actually, the source for most of the technology within Suiko is either Alchemy or the Sindar. Advancements in the field of technology would probably come from them as well.
Hm, the Sindar? I thought they were some lost civilization. At Suikoden II, when you inspect the Sindar runes with Alex, it did not portray any high tech atmosphere that would suggest it was an advanced civilization.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

LOL. I stand be corrected. :)
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

The only logical source this advanced technology can come from the Suikoden world is Harmonia or the Howling Voice Guild. Personally, I would prefer them to limit it to Guns or maybe some other minor items. I do not want to see Harmonia introducing battle mechs, tanks or some flying hovercraft to the Suikoden world. Those stuffs are just so typically found in other RPGs, not only the FF series
Yeah it would'nt make sense if Harmonia had mechs in thier army or spaceships in thier army. :lol:

About Harmonia, since thier territory is so large, they would probably use resources from the lands they occupy into war that other countries would'nt know about like maybe electricity or some kind of mineral resource (like coal or iron) to make weapons that the other countries don't have. so basically Harmonia is a hotbed of technology.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

However, it seems the entire Suikoden world is pretty much stagnating. Look at the known "advances" made so far. They've all been taken from Sindar or other ancient sources or are just really bad and unscientific. (Adlai's man-powered lift in Suikoden II. Way to progress, dude, even Sergei had you beat. Three years ago.)

Kamandol's oil engine was based on Sindar writings and was seemingly never reproduced despite it being a success and huge help to the TLA. The Dwarves seem to be the main technological masters that we openly see in the first three games, but they seem to just hoard everything they made in the past rather than openly create new technology.

Suikoden world technology hasn't progressed one dot in who knows how long and I don't really see this changing either just to keep the "feel" of the series or because it's a whole Rune of Order story-arc.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

What about the dwarves? They created some mucho cool weapons in S1 (Fire spears, burning mirror, windfire cannon).

Seriously, the staff seems to be adding new tech things without even setting a base for it. It's turning to 'answer for all tech? SINDAR'. And that will blow the game so bad...

I really think that we need more insight on the Dwarf tech. I mean, they've got so many weapons, they should be RULING the world right now.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Now that you mentioned it, they have that Burning Mirror that could utterly burn down the entire Elf Village just like that. :shock:

And another Whirldwind Cannon or whatever it is. Just imagine they built about 10-30 of these, and start using em' in wars.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

So is it possible for the next Suiko installment to have a dwarf villain and causes chaos and mayhem with all the dwarf tech?
That'll be cool. At least, it'll be a real villain like Luca Blight.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Fire Spears and the Burning Mirror are all pretty simple, if you ask me. Fire Spears merely belch fire at their foe, and the Burning Mirror just reflects the suns rays. Meanwhile, the Whirlwind Cannon is a Dwarf 'treasure'. They don't know how to build one on their own.

Dwarves, along with the Sindar, seemed to have pretty good technology of their own but they've also seem to have lost it. Chalk it up to Order or something.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Well, can someone steal the tech of the dwarves and use it? Dwarf tech may be simple but hell are they effective. And the WINDFIRE cannon seemed to need more action. It's got an interesting name, an interestin background but we don't see it or see it's true power. All it did was crack the Burning Mirror.
LunasMeow

Post by LunasMeow »

However, the Sindar did fall. Perhaps this came from remnants of the Sindar? Keeping some things but loosing others? He wouldn't have to create satellites, just use the ones left there from the Sindar. Also, for those parts mentioned, they could have been found in Sindar ruins scattered over the planet. And perhaps dwarven tech wasn't powered completely by runes, but mixed technology and runes?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

What do you mean by "fall"? As in the Sindar messed up or something? I don't seem to remember anything along the lines of "the fall of the Sindar" at any of the sites I visit.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

If Suikoden was based in a modern world, then the game would be like Final Fantasy and Xenosaga, it also wouldn't have that Suikoden feel, in my opinion Suikoden 4 didn't have a suikodenish feel. Also how konami sneaks in games of theres in other games is pretty cool. I didnt know about the yellow flowers in suikoden 2