About the end of suiko II....

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
kenderlyn

Re: About the end of suiko II....

Post by kenderlyn »

If the rumours are correct, then there is an example of a Tenkai remaining to lead the country after the war...

Hikusaak. The rumour is that he was a Tenkai in the conflict that created Harmonia from Aronia, and when it was all over, he stayed to lead.

If that is true, then it's a good example of why it's not a good idea for the Tenkai to stick around after the war is over - especially the ones that have a True Rune (although strictly speaking, that's only been Tir and Lazlo)
Kenderlyn

Did you know that explosives can come in small packages too?. Oops!
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Then the rest of the army are also mascots because they also always do what the strategist say...
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Tenkais leading their nation.....I know it's probably the most noble thing for them to do but think of their feelings....do they really want to lead it? Where's the fun in that? I think Tenkais should go off exploring the world and helping more people (taking into consideration of Lazlo's state: Being prudent and managing to keep himself alive at all costs.....he wouldn't want that TR of his spreading again....)
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Well, usually a leader is one who the army can look up to and admire. The leader of an army has to be able to boost the army's morale and spirit. He doesn't have to be perfect in every aspect of military skill. Shu said so that Riou has a leader quality. And there's an example of a good leader: Liu Bang. That's why a leader needs a strategist and everyone else to help them.
Riou wouldn't make a good leader of a new country. He doesn't have the political experience. It's just best for him to go on an adventure at the end of the war.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Leading an army and leading a nation is different job.

When you leading an army you need to go to the front line then shout : "Be Brave Soldier ! I'm with you. CHARGGEEEE !!!!!!" and kill your enemy.

It's useless in leading a nation.
lechaflan

Post by lechaflan »

what i hated about reading these posts is that i don't have a true stance since i agree with a lot of opposing ideas. i do agree w/ the glorified mascot idea to an extent but i agree w/ those who don't think of tir, riou, etc as that.

hmm, i'm probably confused because i like to see a character whose personality is shown not just through actions, admiration from others, but also from text. the idea of a silent protagonist is cool but i personally think it just doesn't work for suikoden (except part 5 SOMEWHAT only because of scenes with lym). i would have loved to see riou and tir have their personalities fleshed out the way we learn about hugo, chris, and geddoe (hell, even thomas) as leaders. geddoe was of course the quietest but he somewhat had a reason to do with his history. sure riou and tir may have been deserving to be leaders and that people admired them but the one thing missing is that the characters themselves don't really show it. if they have full bodies of text that really showed what they wanted and what they thought, then yea sure i'd believe them to make good leaders but just by merely asking people to join up as an SoD and seeing speech only through the choices a player makes just doesn't do it for me. i think lazlo had the worst hero/leader presentation. there's really nothing there. out of the silent leaders, i do think prince had the best presentation and the best reasoning to be made leader due to the fact that he's of royal blood.

oh and if there's one thing i've been confused about before but became clarified with after reading a post here, it's that leaders without strategists just about never win. USA wouldn't be USA without washington cleverly using his small army to attack a much bigger army (can't remember my american history). luc without albert wouldnt have been pulled off (not necessarily a military leader but his side story of being able to pull of such a war with only 4 people is pretty genius i must say)
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

In short, Luc without Albert could have been a disaster (probably for Harmonia).
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.