Geddoe talking to?~formerly:just curious if anybody knows...

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
RaijinRune

Geddoe talking to?~formerly:just curious if anybody knows...

Post by RaijinRune »

in S3 geddoe chapter 3 who is geddoe talking to in vinay del zexay before he meets with salome in northern cavern?
i never could figure it out to this day and its killing me :?

specified title - Op
eldrasidar

Re: Geddoe talking to?~formerly:just curious if anybody know

Post by eldrasidar »

It's implied to be Borus, who you see then meeting Queen and Aila outside the tavern.
It's probably Borus for several reasons:
1. Salome would trust him to give Geddoe the message(the contents of which are essentially treason).
2. Borus is a Zexen knight, which would infuriate Aila, who would cause a scene. Given the nature of the message, it then makes sense of the fact that we see Queen returning with Aila back to the tavern after getting her soda elsewhere, when they most certainly could have gotten soda at the tavern. that they happened to run into each other outside is okay though, because there's nothing suspicious about a zexen knight just walking around the Zexen capital.
3. It's safe to assume that Salome at this point only has few other contacts who would be potentially free to carry this message, Leo, Percival, and Roland and Jimba. Jimba obviously wouldn't go to Vinay del Zexay, since he might be recognized. It's obviously not leo or percival, because Leo and Percival make it quite clear when geddoe gets to lake castle that they have no idea what salome has planned. Finally, we see roland fighting with percival and leo versus hugo, with Borus noticeably absent, at roughly the same time that Geddoe is in Venay del Zexay.

So I think it is safe to assume that it's Borus.
RaijinRune

Post by RaijinRune »

hmmm...that would make sense for the most part.i mean i always thought that the person was just an ordinary citizen of Zexay but if that was the case they would've just shown who he or she was.but now that i think about it i would have to go with your explaination.
but the only thing i don't understand is why Borus would meet with Geddoe after suffering a defeat from him (if you chose to fight him in Karaya).
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

it wasn't a defeat as much a geddoe knocking some sense into him. Borus along with the other zexens and karayans were under the effects of magic which heightened the tense emotions felt by both parties towards each other. Had Geddoe not intervened, Borus would likely have butchered far more innocent karayans than it is already hinted he did. So yes, Geddoe beat him in combat, but it was a favor to Borus to do it. Geddoe gave him his desperately needed humble pie.