108 stars of destiny & the tablet of stars?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
yuberluc

108 stars of destiny & the tablet of stars?

Post by yuberluc »

Guys,
why Luc,Sarah,Yuber & Albert included one of the stars of destiny?
they are the bad guys right?? if u saw all suikoden series,all the bad guys aren't include in SOD..
isn't that weird?

n also in suikoden 3,who's guarding the tablet of stars?
in the manga,in the last chapter of the book, luc visited the tablet of star..
the weird part is, the tablet of stars usually are taken part in one of the Hero's castle?

hmm... :?:

Cleaned up title - Op
Chaos will suit me just fine
avenger

Re: 108 stars of destiny & the tablet of stars?

Post by avenger »

Well , since this game was done differently, aka three available main characters, and no leknaat appearance till the end, the tablets were already there as a place to go to, like Caleria for example. One thing comes to mind, and that if a game continues after the events of S3, the tablet of the stars could be set aside in a place other then the castle. And it will include names of evildoers as well. Just a hunch of mine....

Luc and party's names listed on the stars because Luc , although evil in this game, was once a star of destiny. Therefore his name still exists as one. His party members hence have to have their names as well.
Albert and Ceaser are brothers and their names had to be on that list.
Sarah is a star from Harmonia. Yuber, is believe it or not also a star, however he is from the evil side. Perhaps the evildoers have their own tablet somewhere.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

In Manga of suikoden 3,luc visiting the tablet of the stars, is he still the one who guarding it?

Well for luc & sarah are acceptable,but for albert & yuber i think not,because 2 of them had their own goal (meaning in negative/bad way) like Albert he's just playing & toying us like a moron with his scenario from the first place(that's bad right?) & for Yuber well i guess you all know what his purpose for joining Luc..

Ugh i need some explanation please Mr.Murayama!
please comeback & make some good stories for suikoden series!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Perhaps, they were just short on ideas when it comes to character creation. In S3 there are barely 108 chars with a portrait at all. The only ones I can think of with one as well are Sana and Leeknat. All other games have a bunch of detailled NPCs as well.

At least thats what I thought back then by its release :(
avenger

Post by avenger »

Sana, was playing the role of leknaat in S3, perhaps.. She did explain many things to the three Heros. Maybe Leknaat's Duty here in this game was just to see how things play through.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

avenger wrote:Sana, was playing the role of leknaat in S3, perhaps.. She did explain many things to the three Heros. Maybe Leknaat's Duty here in this game was just to see how things play through.
Yeah, and let luc die (nice one Leknaat) :?
CelesDestiny wrote:Perhaps, they were just short on ideas when it comes to character creation. In S3 there are barely 108 chars with a portrait at all. The only ones I can think of with one as well are Sana and Leeknat. All other games have a bunch of detailled NPCs as well.
CelesDestiny wrote:Perhaps, they were just short on ideas when it comes to character creation. In S3 there are barely 108 chars with a portrait at all. The only ones I can think of with one as well are Sana and Leeknat. All other games have a bunch of detailled NPCs as well.

At least thats what I thought back then by its release :(
No,It can't be,Company as big as Konami wouldn't just give up like that,especially like short of idea thing. maybe there's something that Mr.Murayama OWE us an explaining to do(hope you read this Mr.Murayama :lol: ) By the way,last night when i played suikoden3,in the last chapter
when your gonna fight luc,i tried to go back to the Tablet of the Star & guess what?Luc,Sarah, Albert & Yuber are already in it. Isn't it weird?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

They appear on the tablet after you finish the last strategy battle
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I always thought there presence on the Tablet was to further the thought that Luc wasn't really a bad guy. Truthfully, from the perspective of the Grasslanders, the villains were Harmonia til the very end, and Luc's intentions were very much well meaning, though misguided. However, both Albert and Yuber misused their positions for their own personal gain, but this is not anything new in the series. Kage joins in S1 because he's a mercenary and gets paid. Leon joins in S1 simply to be on the winning side. Not every star of destiny has a lofty moral goal.

Its an established fact that the Stars of Destiny hold some sort of power when united, and Luc is well aware of this. It may be (I theorize) that Luc set the stars of destiny in motion, in order to possibly harness their power in his quest. If the stars can rip someone out of the flow of time, and bring them to the present, then i don't see why they wouldnt be powerful enough that, when combined again with a true rune, they could help with destruction.

Again, this is purely conjecture, but it has always been my interpretation of S3.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I always thought there presence on the Tablet was to further the thought that Luc wasn't really a bad guy. Truthfully, from the perspective of the Grasslanders, the villains were Harmonia til the very end, and Luc's intentions were very much well meaning, though misguided. However, both Albert and Yuber misused their positions for their own personal gain, but this is not anything new in the series. Kage joins in S1 because he's a mercenary and gets paid. Leon joins in S1 simply to be on the winning side. Not every star of destiny has a lofty moral goal.

Its an established fact that the Stars of Destiny hold some sort of power when united, and Luc is well aware of this. It may be (I theorize) that Luc set the stars of destiny in motion, in order to possibly harness their power in his quest. If the stars can rip someone out of the flow of time, and bring them to the present, then i don't see why they wouldnt be powerful enough that, when combined again with a true rune, they could help with destruction.

Again, this is purely conjecture, but it has always been my interpretation of S3.

So by your post meaning that "bad guys" can also be a SOD right?
well it's true, that's what i like bout Suikoden, even though they were "bad guys" but there's a story behind it, what are they truly gain or purpose.. but still i don't get it about yuber,he's intention purely evil, why bother he's one of the SOD.. :?: