The immortality of Leknaat

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Feldschlacht IV

Re: The immortality of Leknaat

Post by Feldschlacht IV »

... but, the real hard question we need to ask here is: Why didnt Windy go after Leeknaat's rune? It is much easier to go after Leeknaat, whereabouts knows, than Ted, who is lost for more than 300 years.
I always just figured because Leknaat would kick her ass. She's blind and soft spoken, but I never figured she can't defend herself with her Rune, at least better than a little kid.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

I know this is an old topic but I wanted to chime in a little.

First off I find it funny how Windy pursued the Soul Eater for so long and I don't think she went after it cause she thought it was the most cursed True Rune. If she had really wanted the most cursed then I think she would have went after The Rune of Punishment. I am sure it was skipping between host during the time she raided Ted's village and I don't think rumors about it's location would have been hard to find. She probably thought the Soul Eater killed the people close to it's bearers because it enjoyed taking the lives of others. So she prob thought it as kindrid spirit of a sorts. But as we saw in the game, the Soul Eater rejected her. Also who is to say she didn't go after some of the other true runes out there. A lot of time sure passed in between the destruction of Ted's Village and her second meeting with Ted. I imagine though hunting down true rune bearers would be dangerous though considering she only had half of a true rune. Hence why she enlisted the help of Neclord and Yuber.

As for their immortality. I would say yes they have it. However there is some question as to how they even were able to split the gate rune. I wonder if perhaps they might have had some relation to the Sindar and used a Sindarian method to split the rune. If the Sindar could create a way to possibly destroy a true rune, then surely they could figure a way to split a true rune. This seems the most logical explanation on how they were able to split it. Also I notice some thing only Windy can Summon monsters and Leknaat can only send them away. I have to wonder if that is true. If the true rune was truely split equally like with a cake, then wouldn't they both have the same abilities? Wouldn't they both be able to summon monsters and make them dissapear. Just cause one made them appear and the other made them dissapear doesn't mean that both halves are not capable of that.

Also I know we got an official word that the Rune of Beginning Doesn't grant agelessness or did we? All that was said was they would continue to age. What wasn't said was for how long. As we know True Rune Bearers sometimes continue to age for a little while. It might just take longer to kick in with half a true rune bearer. We really don't know Windy and Leknaat's age when they took on the halves. It is also possible that after the True Rune of Beginning's power was finally awakened that the immortality portion of that rune's power was passed on to the bearers.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Yes, Leknaat and Windy did split the Rune equality but think of it that instead of cutting the cake from top to bottom, they split it in the middle. Windy ended up with the the dough part and Leknaat with the frosting. They don't both have the "Gate Rune", one got the FRONT of the Gate rune and the other the BACK of the gate Rune. This is why one gets to summon monster while the other gets to expel them.

As for the Rune of Beginning, it does grant agelessness to it's bearer. The problem here is that nobody got that true Runes. What Riou and Jowy have are the Sword and Shield Rune. To use the cake metaphor again, The Rune of Beggining is the Cake while the Sword Rune is the Eggs and the Shield Rune is the Flour. They both make the cake but aren't the cake.

Yay for culinary exemples!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The coffee metaphor pwns the cake one.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

Palmguy wrote:Yes, Leknaat and Windy did split the Rune equality but think of it that instead of cutting the cake from top to bottom, they split it in the middle. Windy ended up with the the dough part and Leknaat with the frosting. They don't both have the "Gate Rune", one got the FRONT of the Gate rune and the other the BACK of the gate Rune. This is why one gets to summon monster while the other gets to expel them.

As for the Rune of Beginning, it does grant agelessness to it's bearer. The problem here is that nobody got that true Runes. What Riou and Jowy have are the Sword and Shield Rune. To use the cake metaphor again, The Rune of Beggining is the Cake while the Sword Rune is the Eggs and the Shield Rune is the Flour. They both make the cake but aren't the cake.

Yay for culinary exemples!

But the metaphore is all wrong. You see the frosting and cake are made up of 2 different things. The only reason they are even united is cause of the frosting is on top. That would be like stacking 2 runes on top of each other rather then being part of the same rune.

As for Riou and Jowy, you seemed to have missed the part where I pointed out the power of the rune of beginning was activated when Riou refused to kill Jowy and Jowy was willing to be struck down to avoid killing Riou. The power of their friendship awakened the power of The Rune of Beginning. While we only saw it's power used to keep Jowy from dieing, it is very well possible that power is still awakened. We already know the 2 halves were linked anyways. Whenever Riou would collapse Jowy would collapse. When Jowy would collapse Riou would collapse. This leads me to believe the runes powers are actually still connected to one another. Meaning they aren't quite so divided as they appear. So once they broke the curse of the runes and reunited and awakened the true power of the rune of beginning, it could very well have given them access to even more power after that moment that we just never saw. Part of that could be immortality or at the very least slow down their aging process by a lot.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Well, the frosting is still part of the cake! Oh well, that's the best I could come up with using cake-exemple.
As for the Rune of Beginning, I still dont think that Riou and Jowy got access to it's power, but this is the wrong topic to talk about that so I'll stop.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

Palmguy wrote:Well, the frosting is still part of the cake! Oh well, that's the best I could come up with using cake-exemple.
As for the Rune of Beginning, I still dont think that Riou and Jowy got access to it's power, but this is the wrong topic to talk about that so I'll stop.

I think they did but I will stop this as well. I have a lot of theories on that paticular rune anyways I plan to post up in it's own thread in the future. BTW not all cake has frosting anyways lol
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Seeing as Leknaat watches over the balance, i'm pretty sure she's immortal. Unless they're doing a Zelda which i bet they're not.