Stars of Destiny always win

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
JanusThePaladin

Re: Stars of Destiny always win

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Having grown up in alaska, not that drastic. The only reason Earthquakes are so effective in other locations is because people dont build their homes correctly. An earthquake can be countered with correct construction and proper building technique. So if you build your castle correctly (Ie: it doesnt collapse after a major battle) can you withstand the stars of destiny? No.

Choose a new analogy so i may argue with you some more.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Ya but the SoD can happen anywhere apparently.

and there really is no good preperation to help prevent an unstoppable force.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Konami officially denies any type of "official ending," although sequels may end up making one ending or the other as more legitimate.

However, in the case of Rhapsodia, the Lazlo nor Snowe won't appear unless you upload Suikoden IV's data with a completed save file.
Similarly in Suikoden II, Gremio would be considered dead unless a completed Suikoden 1 save file is uploaded, etc.

Also, the Suikoden 3 manga shows that the First Fire Bringer War was indeed a gathering of stars, although it's always debatable whether the manga can be considered official.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

They may deny it but i think its pretty safe to say that the best ending in each game was the true outcome.

As for the manga that was basicly just a fanfic I don't even plan on reading it because i own the actual game.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

except that "best" is up to individual interpretation. I personally think the ending in which you battle against Jowy to be the best ending in S2, but that does not make it the official ending. Similarly, there is no clear "best ending" to suikoden 5 either.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yes, even Murayama says he prefers the ending where Jowy dies.

Also, calling the Suikoden 3 manga as "fanfic" is a stupid comment, because it isn't a fanfic at all. A professional manga artist (Aki Shimizu) created it by the request of Konami themselves. Clearly not a fanfic.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Just because he created it on request from Konami does not mean its cannon. its left up the the said persons interpritation of the game. Konami could turn around and say it was Geddeo that had the true fire rune isntead of hugo.

Resident Evil has a book series commitioned by capcom and it isen't considered cannon in the least. It adds characters that will never show up in a game and events that should carry over to a game and never will.

I've never seen a game series where the best ending wasen't the real ending except for shadow hearts 1. Suikoden really doesn't seem like the kind of game where they would't use the best ending.

We could argue it forever but until we get some proof from future games we really can't tell. Though I would think that because these particular characters like Gremio and Jowy living would be better to have them alive if only to use them for cameos in future games.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

snakebite105 wrote:Just because he
Aki Shimuzu is a she.
created it on request from Konami does not mean its cannon.
Should be "canon." Cannon is what you shoot bullets out of. Canon is the proper English word you're looking for here, chap.

Also, although Shimizu's work may not be canon, it certainly isn't "fan fiction" as you claim in your poorly crafted comment. Fan fiction is work created by fans, not by professional artistists who are paid by the company that made the game.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

When I said fanfiction what i was refering to was any story about the series that wasen't made by the the people who make the series. I lump it all together.
JanusThePaladin

i hate to agree with snakey, but he has a point. There are several comics that were comissioned by their respective companies to represent the story behind Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, however these comics are not considered to be canon.

However, it is a long established rule that the Suikoden community, Ie: anyone who cares more about the game and stories than just to play the game once, aka the people who frequent this forum and others like it, that we accept the manga as canon. Otherwise Tir would be Hero1, Riou would be Hero2, Lazlo would be hero 4, and Frey would be hero5. We also would have little to no backstory on most characters, and sites like Suikosource would cease to exist. So, simply put, arguing that the Manga is no official Konami canon is a rediculous argument that should get you laughed out of any conversation.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Does anyone know if Konami holds this information to be true? I thought quite a few unoptional events were altered in the books. Which ends up asking the question what do you think happend more game or book?
Dark Celcius

Post by Dark Celcius »

Anyone think that the 108 SODs always win the wars in the Suikoden games because the game was made for us? Maybe people wouldn't be happy playing a game where they found out at the end, even though they recruited all 108 characters or successfully completed all their missions etc., that they would lose the war regardless.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Thats why my argument can't lose.
JanusThePaladin

Except thats not your argument. You said that the other army should just give up every single time. that would also not make for a good game, so in that vain, your argument is utterly false.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

It certinly does help my argument. Writers woulden't make a game where the hero's lose.