Stars of Destiny always win

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
snakebite105

Re: Stars of Destiny always win

Post by snakebite105 »

Antimatzist wrote:
All that means is that no one is trying to stop the changing of fate and the stars will win.
The Stars would win either case.
Case 1) The enemy keeps fighting and loses -> SoD win.
Case 2) Enemy hears about SoDs and gives up -> SoD wins

But really, I guess if most people in the Suikoden world would hear about some Stars of Destiny thing, they would say that it is superstition. It's a an astrological thing. Someone could say that every US president born as a Capricorn has won every war until now, but would you believe it?
Well if its true then I'd have to believe it woulden't i? because thats just situational luck.

For example lets say
every time I posted a a reply to a thread each reply had words in it up until now it would be absolutly true.

If on the other hand if you'd have said Every capricorn president will win every war then thats a bit different.

My point is the track record with the stars of destiny give you no other choice but to believe that they will win each war regardless.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

If it is true that up to this point all capricorn presidents have won every war they've been in, then they have the same sort of track record as the stars of destiny, and using the logic you just stated, it would seem utterly logical that every future capricorn president will win every war they are involved in.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:If it is true that up to this point all capricorn presidents have won every war they've been in, then they have the same sort of track record as the stars of destiny, and using the logic you just stated, it would seem utterly logical that every future capricorn president will win every war they are involved in.
Which would mean that the SoD can never lose. Thus finding out about their existance would be key during a war especially since earlier I stated reasons why it should be common knowledge especially to miltary figures.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm guessing there are much more things that are considered important than knowing who is a star or not. I'm pretty sure not everyone in the Suikoden Universe could read so that stops them from reading the Tablet. Even if they do know that they're a star then they wouldn't let this get in way over their head, they are in the middle of a war after all. During the gatherings of all the stars, it couldn't just be them now can it? I'm pretty sure useless npc's were in it cheering and if Leeknat appears you couldn't tell that all 108 people in there are stars of destiny. They never thought of themselves as special, they just fought for what they believed in and tried to protect what they held dear.

And to clear the 'only a star during their conflict' thing, I'm mostly positive that you are STILL a star but there could only be one set of 108 star on the specific war under the tenkai star. Which is why Jowy can never have his own set of 108 stars of destiny to go against Riou.

Even if everyone knew about the stars of destiny, how would you know if you're one of them? All we know is that a star is born with it [excluding Tierkreis' opinion change to become a star bearer] The problem is that we're looking at this through gameplay and not the way the characters would see it. For all we know the tablet is just a big stone with carvings on it that makes no sense. Maybe it's written in a special way that only people like Luc can only read it.

Well that's my 2 cents I guess lol sorry for the wall of text
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well if its true then I'd have to believe it woulden't i?
Oo You believe things way too easy Oo
Which would mean that the SoD can never lose.
What you forget imo is that the wars in the games are essential for the world, because out of every war came a stable and accepted form of government (except for S III). If there was no conflict, the situation would remain bad.

And SoD are not invulnerable, think of the "many" SoDs who died in battles (plotwise), so you might always have a chance of winning. Additionally, look at Tierkreis. Even though the concept of SoD is a bit different there, in the bad ending the SoDs practically lose. So everything is possible, to some extent.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

You croped out most of my point and I'm not going to look at a gaiden game to prove a point. Stick to the main 5. Not everyone has DS but there are a good deal of people here that have the other 5 games (An maybe tactics) not to mention there isen't signifigant plot data on the internet yet for me to properly counter any statement about Tierkreis.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You croped out most of my point and I'm not going to look at a gaiden game to prove a point. Stick to the main 5.
Ehm, no? I stick to every Suikoden game dealing with Stars of Destiny. And still, the point with SoDs who died remains. Maybe the Army with the SoDs always wins, but not without a price.

OT:
Not everyone has DS but there are a good deal of people here that have the other 5 games
I bet there are more people who have Tierkreis than Suikoden II ;)
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

regardless you didn't really effect the converstion in any signifigant way SoD still win.
XIII

Post by XIII »

I'll add to the Tierkreis bad ending and add that in Suikoden II [although not canon] that if you decide to leave with Nanami on Tinto, the army basically falls apart. They might not say it but everyone was gathered together because of Riou's ability to lead people and because of the Bright Shield Rune. Even Ridley got himself sacrificed for Riou. When he left to live peacefully with Nanami then who knows what might've happened to the Army? For all we know Highland or Neclord crushed them like a bug
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, in Suikoden 3 there's no clear "winner" either. Both friend and foe are included as stars of destiny.

And in Suikoden 2, 4, and 5, there are a number of alternative endings that end up in defeat. Konami always says that all of these endings are legitimate.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Vextor wrote:Also, in Suikoden 3 there's no clear "winner" either. Both friend and foe are included as stars of destiny.

And in Suikoden 2, 4, and 5, there are a number of alternative endings that end up in defeat. Konami always says that all of these endings are legitimate.
But we know those are not legimate endings.
I think in S3, it was more about all stars together fighting agaisnt destiny. Doesnt Leeknaat tell Luc's spirit in the end that their effort was not for nothing? I am pretty sure they were successful in changing the future.

BTW, wasnt first Fire Bringer War also a gathering of stars? They didnt won that one, it ended more on a draw. It surely wasnt a victory.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

BTW, wasnt first Fire Bringer War also a gathering of stars? They didnt won that one, it ended more on a draw. It surely wasnt a victory.
It's never said that it was a SoD-gathering.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Vextor wrote:Also, in Suikoden 3 there's no clear "winner" either. Both friend and foe are included as stars of destiny.

I mentioned my case with Suikoden 3 earlier. Even if boths sides were against each other both sides were still stars of destiny. There may not have been a clear winner but the stars of destiny still won.

Its like if you cut an apple in half then argued which half was more appily then the other.

As for suikoden 4 the best ending had to have happend because Snowe and Lazlo were in suikoden Tactics.

all other endings either include no snowe or dead lazlo.

regardless of these alternet endings the stars still win. Was someone arguing otherwise?
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

snakebite105 wrote:
JanusThePaladin wrote:If it is true that up to this point all capricorn presidents have won every war they've been in, then they have the same sort of track record as the stars of destiny, and using the logic you just stated, it would seem utterly logical that every future capricorn president will win every war they are involved in.
Which would mean that the SoD can never lose. Thus finding out about their existance would be key during a war especially since earlier I stated reasons why it should be common knowledge especially to miltary figures.
Obviously you missed the point. If you believe that all Presidents who are carpricorns will win every war, and say you're the head of a country at war with the United States, and Barack Obama just happens to be a capricorn, will you really tell your military leaders to cease attacking on the grounds of a superstition?
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

The difference being is in this world we don't have magic powers and descriptions of zodiacs are purposly left vague so that they fit into everyones general situation.

The Stars of Destiny is a core part of the suikoden world along with the 27 true runes. And the tablet shows up once every few years (possibly more) with very drastic results because of it.

I think you should less make your basis on the president capricorn theory and focus more on whether or not Earthquakes exist its a better comparison.

Do earthquakes exist?
How often do they happen?
How drastic can the results be?