Why does Kraze kidnap Eileen?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Lemmy Claypool

Why does Kraze kidnap Eileen?

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

So I've started replaying the series, and it's just occurred to me; why the hell does Kraze even do that?

To rape her? Or try and seduce her? Some other bizarre reason? Pretty poor victim choice, the wife of the most powerful man in town.

Seriously, what was he hoping to achieve?
Iku

Re: Why does Kraze kidnap Eileen?

Post by Iku »

i always presumed it was because she was meant to be so beautiful and maybe not outright rape but you know a little wife stealing, lepant mentions as do some randoms, that kraze has been making lepant's life abit crappy but lepant didnt do anything about it because you know treason aint what hes aiming for, but now you mention it that part isnt explained very well at all and what kraze is actually up to seems somewhat ambiguious
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

hahaha I didn't realize it. . but. . .they never gave a reason.
I would have assumed it was to convince Lepant to. . something. . but that made no sense.

(I started playing it as well, but I'm switching back and forth between 1 and 2 and sometimes 5)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I always thought it was because Kraze was new to town and by taking the wife of the most powerful guy in town. This way he could gain control control over Lepant, like his puppet or something. Kraze assumptions and plans were a little short sided...it cost him his life.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

That could be the reason. Sounds good enough to me.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I think Craze was just power hungry but also a little nutty as well.

Kind of lost it when he got demoted to a bunch of lowly Rookies.
He wanted to be promoted to a higher rank.
He was riduculed & lost of respect.

I think he wanted to get back to the people (McDohl etc) as well.Where Pawn came into effect.
Being stationed in that town, he probally knew McDohl would show up.
He used Eileen to lure them in.
That was inexcusable.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I kinda figured he wanted to rape her due to his "And now you're getting in the way of my pleasure!" line.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

suiko2fan2 wrote:I always thought it was because Kraze was new to town and by taking the wife of the most powerful guy in town. This way he could gain control control over Lepant, like his puppet or something. Kraze assumptions and plans were a little short sided...it cost him his life.
Hmm, to assert his authority perhaps? Makes sense.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I thought it was to show the further degredation of the government and armed forces. A higher ranked official was so degraded that he would kidnap a woman to hold as ransom over a man and rape her, practically on a whim. Nothing seems more degraded then that.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I thought it was to show the further degredation of the government and armed forces. A higher ranked official was so degraded that he would kidnap a woman to hold as ransom over a man and rape her, practically on a whim. Nothing seems more degraded then that.
Yeah I understood it on an analytical sense like this, it was just why Kraze would do it that threw me. It's an obvious metaphor for the corruption in the empire, but seemed to make little sense for the perpetrator to actually do such a thing.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Just look at the guy. He obviously wanted to tie Eileen to the train-tracks and twiddle his 'tache dastardly.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Yeah I understood it on an analytical sense like this, it was just why Kraze would do it that threw me. It's an obvious metaphor for the corruption in the empire, but seemed to make little sense for the perpetrator to actually do such a thing.
Well, probably because you're not a rapist so it's hard to understand how their mind works. He just saw something he wanted and so he took it, without thinking of the concequences. Rape is about power after all. So he was puffing up his ego with a power trip. Wasn't she a noble woman too? That would make him feel even better about himself, that he can have anyone of any station.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I kinda figured he wanted to rape her due to his "And now you're getting in the way of my pleasure!" line.
That's what I always assumed too.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:Yeah I understood it on an analytical sense like this, it was just why Kraze would do it that threw me. It's an obvious metaphor for the corruption in the empire, but seemed to make little sense for the perpetrator to actually do such a thing.
Well, probably because you're not a rapist so it's hard to understand how their mind works. He just saw something he wanted and so he took it, without thinking of the concequences. Rape is about power after all. So he was puffing up his ego with a power trip. Wasn't she a noble woman too? That would make him feel even better about himself, that he can have anyone of any station.
Yeah I guess haha. Incidentally, this
Oppenheimer wrote:you're not a rapist
does wonders for one's sense of well being haha =oD
ScionOfYesterday

Post by ScionOfYesterday »

It was pretty obvious to me that he wanted to "Possess" her. Does this mean rape? Absolutely but not just that...he wanted to possess her utterly and completely. I also think he is somewhat enraged that Lepant, who he thinks is beneath him can make him so envious (Having a beautiful wife and respect of the people).

So he kidnaps her.