I was wondering about the figure of parents of main protagonists

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
borjitasstoi

I was wondering about the figure of parents of main protagonists

Postby borjitasstoi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:56 am

Yeah for eixample Teo father of Tir and Lucia mother of Hugo the topyc in this thread its talk about impact of the game or interesting information from most expert in suikoden the impact in development

sticky-runes

Re: I was wondering about the figure of parents of main protagonists

Postby sticky-runes » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:58 pm

what sort of things do you want to discuss about them?

borjitasstoi

Postby borjitasstoi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:06 pm

for eixample in certain games the figure in parents are important or parent its antegonist of story or something like that i dont know but i believe i m curious of that because yeah topyc of you are tenkai because you are ancestor of important character in war or suikoden only dont take any importance with figure of parents in suikoden story there only dont have any meaning and thats it teo its theo because the game wants teo take role of bad character

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:50 am

ah I see. Well in every Suikoden game you become the leader of an entire army, so I think it's important that your character has the right breeding for the role and that's why your parents are normally royalty or nobility or have some sort of remarkable military background, having fought in wars for the country in previous years.

It makes the story a bit more believable if we know that the character has been born into that sort of world, instead of just some peasant from a backwater village who ends up having some great destiny, like what happens in a lot of other fantasy stories.

It also explains why the Tenkai star is a great fighter, either you were taught by your parent or by instructors hired by your parents.

Also, the tenkai star is of the new generation. By the time you become of age where you can explore the country freely and fight in battle, the political situation will have changed over the years from back when your elders were fighting for their country. For example, when your dad helped win a great war about 10 or 15 years ago, a lot of things probably changed for the better, but there are probably a lot of things that changed for the worse as well, which you don't really find out about until you've made a lot of progress into the story. So while the game might start out as if you are living in a peaceful time, there is actually a lot of tension going on in places beyond the safety of your own home.

This is one of the appealing things about Suikoden - our characters constantly have their beliefs challenged because the world isn't as easy and safe as our parents might have tried to make it for us.

borjitasstoi

Postby borjitasstoi » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:42 pm

sticky-runes wrote:ah I see. Well in every Suikoden game you become the leader of an entire army, so I think it's important that your character has the right breeding for the role and that's why your parents are normally royalty or nobility or have some sort of remarkable military background, having fought in wars for the country in previous years.

It makes the story a bit more believable if we know that the character has been born into that sort of world, instead of just some peasant from a backwater village who ends up having some great destiny, like what happens in a lot of other fantasy stories.

It also explains why the Tenkai star is a great fighter, either you were taught by your parent or by instructors hired by your parents.

Also, the tenkai star is of the new generation. By the time you become of age where you can explore the country freely and fight in battle, the political situation will have changed over the years from back when your elders were fighting for their country. For example, when your dad helped win a great war about 10 or 15 years ago, a lot of things probably changed for the better, but there are probably a lot of things that changed for the worse as well, which you don't really find out about until you've made a lot of progress into the story. So while the game might start out as if you are living in a peaceful time, there is actually a lot of tension going on in places beyond the safety of your own home.

This is one of the appealing things about Suikoden - our characters constantly have their beliefs challenged because the world isn't as easy and safe as our parents might have tried to make it for us.

:shock: wow... bullseye i like your explanation and yeah you understand i mean thanks reply everything make sense and yeah my question its answered *close thread*
and yeah the concept of tenkai star its interesting point enter in my heart tenkai star normally its chief for bring peace and find "stars" for forge his destiny and his purpose for bring peace its fullfiled of sum of 108 people every people its different for each other behind adventure i was thinking suikoden have good influences in development i like the idea and yeah its fantasy but the game makes you feel "hey you are special and you are our salvation"

sticky-runes

Postby sticky-runes » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:53 pm

You're welcome.

Yes it is fantasy, but Suikoden's stories focus a lot on human relationships, so as the audience we find it easy to relate to the characters because they experience things in the game that we experience in real life. We fall out with friends after having disagreements with each other. We disappoint our parents or our mentors by choosing to do things they don't approve of. We find out that people we've heard bad things about are not always that bad, and that people we hear good things about are not always that good.

I think the Prince's story in Suikoden 5 was particularly well told, because right at the beginning you see him being embraced by his mother and father and he obviously has a loving relationship with his parents in the Sun palace with lots of body guards, but then you immediately find out that the queen is not such a nice person, because she wiped out an entire town's water supply and left everyone to suffer. Then you see the knights reacting differently - some saying she went too far, some saying she didn't punish them harshly enough. You also overhear nobles talking about the prince, saying that male heirs are useless as they have no real power or claim to the throne and are just there to wave at the crowd and get married off to foreigners.

But then later on, your enemy, Lord Godwin, tells his son to watch out for the prince, because this whole time the prince has been paying attention to how everyone around him is acting and is actually learning and his attitude is changing. When you first meet Zweig, he points out that you don't look like a prince, and regards it as a compliment, because most princes of that country were cretins. Throughout the entire game, a lot of people underestimate you and dismiss you as either an idiotic spoiled brat or a traitor trying to usurp the throne from your own sister, but you get to prove them wrong with every victory you achieve in the game. Every one of the 108 stars is someone who sees you as you really are and they stand by you throughout the journey.

And I think this is close to experiences we have in real life - people are often quick to dismiss us as a certain type of person and ignore us without taking the time to get to really know who we really are and what we are capable of.

borjitasstoi

Postby borjitasstoi » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:08 pm

The part when you explains people underestimate i felt identified because you have potential some people see in you things you can see it and another meanwhile basically its completely jerk and cretin for you and its the contrasts of the life how something its sweet and bitter in the same time and the respect its something important certain people trust in you but others for his beliefs or because have prejudices its difficult make relations in that way

the game specifies so well why the character and why the tenkai star fall in you and you have responsiblity for take the hand for other 107 or more persons i like how suikoden 1 and 2 you can carry over and the concept you can use 2 tenkais in the same time because in real life i felt relate because i m veteran and another its same like the but its minus experienced sorry yeah its fantasy but for my sorry but its former part of my value scale

Return to “Plot Questions”