Genso Suikogaiden Intros

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
RiceBowl52

Post by RiceBowl52 »

Anyway I can just get the 1st song MUST HAVE :lol: hehe Currents is super cool
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

hehe, btw RiceBowl52, the edit button is your friend ^_^ to prevent from making two posts in a row. I should get the soundtracks sometime, I've been thinking about getting them for a long time but I've found them to be quite expensive =/ so, perhaps someday...
RiceBowl52

Post by RiceBowl52 »

Oo the edit button :shock: Ya youre right they are quite expensive
Aisling

Suikogaiden 2 intro

Post by Aisling »

Hello, everybody.

I downloaded both Suikogaiden intro videos from RPGamer a long time ago, but I guess I just had not examined them carefully. Also, they are a little dark and I guess they look darker in my computer.

In the Suikogaiden 2 sequence, there is a black and white sequence with a dragon that I guess is Black. All the time I thought that it was a flashback of Futch when he lost his dragon, but as I was replaying it more carefully yesterday, I noticed that the boy falling after the dragon attacks is actually McDohl, not Futch. Or did my eyes decieve me?

And then, McDohl falling? From where? What is going on in the sequence? For those of you who have played the game, when does that happen? Just being curious, you know.

Thanks.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

O I love the Intro music but I can't find the file anymore after I downed it could somone tell we where it is?

BTW Don't you find it strange that the S1-4 intro's are in Japanese and Suikogaiden(wich is only in japan)intro is in English.Or did I hear the Music wrong :?
Floriban

Post by Floriban »

Aisling, I'm sorry to disapoint you, but your eyes did decieve you. The boy falling after the dragon attack IS Futch. If you had played the game, you would know that. But I know everybody does not have the chance to own this wonderful game.

And the dragon you saw is just an evil dragon attacking Nash, Futch and Humphrey. There is another little dragon by the way, I'm sure you recognized him : that's Bright, Futch new dragon, who was born in Suikoden 2 and who can be recruited with Futch (who holds Humphrey's Masmune sword) in Suikoden 3.

Wraith, the intros of S1-4 are not in Japanese. I think the vocals are not in a particular language, but I may be wrong. But Suikogaiden's intro is in english.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Sorry I meant to say Suikoden 3 cause thats the only one with an Intro with vocals :p but its in japanese.
Genso

Post by Genso »

Suikoden 3 intro is not in Japanese.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

It isn't?? then in what language is it if I may ask?
Reni

Post by Reni »

I think that the opening of S3 is sung in a made-up language or a tribal langauge. "Currents" is sung in English..but in pretty bad English. Oh well, it still sounds catchy! :D
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

Floriban wrote:Aisling, I'm sorry to disapoint you, but your eyes did decieve you. The boy falling after the dragon attack IS Futch. If you had played the game, you would know that. But I know everybody does not have the chance to own this wonderful game.
I thought it was McDohl too, but thanks for clearing that up Floriban. It does look a lot like him though.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Floriban but in this case you are wrong and Aisling is indeed right.

It is McDohl falling from the battle with the dragon. You can clearly see that he is wearing his costume and has the bandana on his head. Also the boy falling does not have the trademark Dragon Knight headband around his head (where it includes the ears on the headband). He is also clearly holding a staff in his hand.

Before posting this I double-checked twice and it is McDohl.

I think the creators of the game just wanted to put McDohl in one of the intros (despite him having nothing to do with that scene/storyline - though he is in the game of some sort when Viki is having her...teleporting difficulties shall we say as I don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played it). Also he is one of the most popular characters in the series so I'm guessing they just wanted to include him in a scene.

In the intros to the Gaidens not all the scenes correspond to the game. The three most noticable ones I can think of are:

1. The scene in question that this post is discussing. It is McDohl falling from the battle with the dragon.

2. In the first Suikogaiden there is a scene where Hero 2 is playing in the ater with Nanami sitting by the tree with Mukumuku and you can see Sigfried in the distance also in the water. That scene is not in the game.

3. Again in the first Suikogaiden there is a scene of Jowy fighting Hero 2 and Nanami screaming for them to (I'm guessing) stop fighting. Again this scene is not in the game.

I would hazard a guess that 80% of the scenes in the intros do correspond to the game (particularily in Gaiden 2's case - actually the scene with McDohl is the only scene in that one that doesn't fit in with the game) but in Gaiden 1 there a few scenes not found in the game. Jowy and Jillia dancing is another. However despite never seeing this it is very feasible that it probably did happen.

I don't mean to say that these scenes didn't happen. They probably did. The scene with Sigfried for instance could take place after you have recruited him and they are all taking a breather from the war. We just never saw them happen.
Floriban

Post by Floriban »

Waouh ! What an answer ! I must admit I did not watch the intro movie really carefully, I just thought that this scene showed what really happened in the game. But if you say so, I trust you, because you know this game much better than me !
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Hey I just found out that the vocals in Suikoden 3 Intro isn't a real languege!Some people say its even Cyndarin!!

EDIT: then I just saw somone just said that here...
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

zaltabor wrote:I think the creators of the game just wanted to put McDohl in one of the intros (despite him having nothing to do with that scene/storyline - though he is in the game of some sort when Viki is having her...teleporting difficulties shall we say as I don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played it). Also he is one of the most popular characters in the series so I'm guessing they just wanted to include him in a scene.
Actually, this is where you're wrong. Mcdohl is part of the Suikogaiden game as Millie, meg, Gadget Z and Viki are in there as well. They're in a special scene where you need 10 LP to see the Back Route.
It's written in here:
Suikosource wrote: Actually the title should be 'stray dragon' but it doesn't match with the title Konami gives a dragon without a knight, so I've fixed the titling.

Nash is just at the edge of Crystal Valley. He's starving after his escape from Kaleria... he thinks there's something suspicious momentarily....

This chapter, like the previous volume of Gaiden, has a major branching point in this chapter. You can go in one of two directions, depending on the LP you have. 10 LP is required to take the back route...
The back route is found here http://www.suikosource.com/games/gaiden2/3b/index.php
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!