Hello I just have a few questions..

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
Kwaky

Hello I just have a few questions..

Post by Kwaky »

Besides the Suikoden series, there's more? I always thought Suikogaiden and Suikoden were the same games, just different aka's..? :oops:

So if Suikogaiden is another game, how many are there? What does it focus on? And from what I've read, it's not available in the United States? :cry:

**This is just a side question, because I didn't know where else to ask - are the manga for Suikoden available in the United States? If so, how many books are there? Is it still being released? By the way, if there is a Suikoden manga, is there a Suikogaiden manga too? :lol:
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

There's more information about what Suikogaidens are in the following link. That may help answer some of your questions.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the suikogaidens are only in japanese and since the entire game is text based no 1 wants to translate it, though if you look on suiko source web page you can read the minor english translation of the suikogaiden with nash and siera but its not translated fully.

bassically gaidens are side storys of suikodens sod and the purpose of them is to find more info about them

1 of the 2 gaidens foucuses on nash before suikoden 3 and sierra while the other 1 focuses on the clive and elsa and how clive got his strum gun

{not exactly sure on the other gaiden with clive I just either read this or heard this, keep in mind ive never played the gaidens and I have no clue as to what happens through the games but I am positive nash and sierra are in 1 of the gaidens and its a huge story revolving around them and vampires}

now as far as the manga for suiko 3 goes, it is the only suikoden book thats in english and im not sure why they say novel because its just manga with pictures and bubbles but its tells you alot. It opens up with Hugo being born and then shows amazing things like hugo finding a dead griffin and its baby{fubar!} is in a small cave behind it. So hugo takes fubar, raises him and we see awesome pictures of him taking care of the cutest baby fubar youve ever seen. Later on we see an old man in vinnay del zexay asking where Wyatt Lightfellow is and Chris happens to see him asking this on her way home. She tells him hes dead and so the old man leaves, but then we see an awesome strip of a dog barking at the old man and a blade sliding down from the old mans arm, and then suddenly the dog is dead. The old man is gone and we see yuber walking away from where the old man was, so holy crap can you believe yuber can shape shift!? this might just mean that his suikoden 1 appearence was just some form he liked to use but not his real form.

anyway there are so many things in the first book that are like that, and even some stuff that you dont see in the actual game when it reaches the parts that we know from the game. You can get all the manga for 8 bucks each at discountanime dvd.com and there's 7 so far with another 1 coming out in November I think, and let me just say that although I havent read it yet I know from reading the description on the books that Chris goes back to zexen with her true water rune. We are gonna see pics of things WAY after suikoden 3 leaves off.

edit well I just did a major edit to this post as the grammar was pretty bad