can suikogaiden play in any ps1?

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
Night Shadow

can suikogaiden play in any ps1?

Post by Night Shadow »

Hey there!

Lemme start of by telling you Im a 18 year old guy. I started playing Suikoden when I was 9...I first knew of Suikogaiden when i was probably 10 or 11...I remember way back then, I was so envious of the Japs who had the game in their hands...fast forward to the present, and i find myself under an exchange program here in Japan. Just last Sunday, I went to the neighboring city since I heard there are a lot of shops that sell old PS1 games. After searching for less than an hour, I found this one store which sold old PS1 games, as well as new console games (i got to see kingdom hearts...the one for the ds...it looked awesome!)....lo and behold, tucked away in the ps1 corner, i found a copy of both suikogaiden games! whats more, i found 2 rare suikoden card stories books and got those as well...then found an official konami guide to suikoden 1 and 2....yes, i bought all of these in just one day...haha...im still ecstatic up to now.

so now, i plan on playing the suikogaiden games when i go back home in around 8 months from now...i know, such a long time...and the wait is killing me. but anways, id like to know if the game would work my ps1...you know, it being a japanese version and all...my ps1 can read pirated games (please dont blame me...bear in mind, i live in the philippines so practically all ps1s that are sold here can work pirated copies of games).  

currently, i am learning japanese, so hopefully ill be able to understand some parts of the game...and if ill be able to understand most of it, i might join this one group thats trying to make a translated version of the game...hehe...

thanks!
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Antimatzist

Re: can suikogaiden play in any ps1?

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, most likely your modded PSX can read japanese games, too. But I don't know if you use NTSC or PAL in the Phillipines .
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

since psone in the Philippines have been modified, it should be able to read both NTSC or PAL versions.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

thanks! thanks a lot! im really excited to play...and im praying hard that the translation project will go well...so that every suiko fan will get his or her own fill of suiko goodness...hehe...

oh, but just one more question...would a suikogaiden work in a PAL ps1? my friend has one you see, and he wants to borrow the games...

thanks again.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Night Shadow wrote:thanks! thanks a lot! im really excited to play...and im praying hard that the translation project will go well...so that every suiko fan will get his or her own fill of suiko goodness...hehe...

oh, but just one more question...would a suikogaiden work in a PAL ps1? my friend has one you see, and he wants to borrow the games...

thanks again.
no, japanese games are ntsc.