Gaiden/Card Stories sprite/image ripping

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
James816

Gaiden/Card Stories sprite/image ripping

Post by James816 »

Hi folks, I've started doing some sprite and image ripping from both the Suikogaiden Vol. 1 & 2 and Card Stories. I've already submitted most of my work with Card Stories to The Spriters Resource (http://www.spriters-resource.com/gamebo ... index.html), but I need some help with Suikogaiden.

I do not speak Japanese, so correct me if I am wrong, but to get all of the images, etc. from Suikogaiden I need a Japanese Suikoden 2 save. Also, if anybody happens to have a completed Suikogaiden save with all of the images unlocked, that would be awesome. Here's a preview of my work to those curious: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5666 ... review.png

Keep in mind this is just a preview - it's not particularly pretty, nor is it complete. I plan to rip ALL of the character images, as well as CG images from the game, but this will take quite some time to complete. It would save me some trouble if anybody could submit some memory card files. Thanks guys!
dholmes

Re: Gaiden/Card Stories sprite/image ripping

Post by dholmes »

For the time being, you need either a Japanese Suikoden 2 save, or to hack a US save into Japanese (another thread on this forum mentions that subject). I don't have one off hand at the moment; sorry.

Hopefully, the Suikogaiden Translation Project will enable you to import an English Suikoden 2 save. That is a ways away, though. I don't even know what will be involved yet.

Edit: Also, I assume you're using an emulator and extracting those images from save states? I'm not going to make any promises, but it's probably possible (if a bit involved) to extract all those images directly from the game CD. I haven't looked into that particular subject yet, though, since it's not directly applicable to translating the game into English.
Jack of All Trades

Re: Gaiden/Card Stories sprite/image ripping

Post by Jack of All Trades »

fantastic. I'm pretty excited about this.