[FAQ] defend and sleep properties

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

o the dmg i was calculating was from a different save, which i had!
armor protects/mag resist:
Emily - F/B
Fubar - F/F
Hugo - C/F
Joe - B/F
Ayame - F/F
Landis - F/A+

so the testing i was doing was based on a F in Armor Protect (Emily and Landis) and different magic defenses. it may be the Arm. Prot can improve Defend and M. Resist doesn't, but further testing needs to be done.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

has anyone used Armor Protect skill on beasts and seen them "full defense"?

do characters "defend" (not the command but a reaction to an attack) more often with Armor Protect maxed?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

as i'm replaying, i've been seeing Defend reduce damage by 60-70%..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: defend and sleep properties

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm doing the Chris lvl 99 trick again and have always seen that without any armor worn, defend causes you to take exactly half from a physical attack. this is probably right.... if you have a defense of 0, and the Boar hits for around 109, defending gets around 55. when defending, the attack damage is probably halved FIRST, with armor reducing it afterwards. this would be able to reduce attacks by more than half.

with a defense of 50, you would take 59 from the Boar normally. when defending, it's halved first so its attack value becomes 55.. 55 - 50 = 5.