[Codes] Codebreaker

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[Codes] Codebreaker

Post by KFCrispy »

something i found at cmgsccc forums for Codebreaker v8
lulu recruited
1196B624 00000404
jimba recruited
1196B67E 00000404

the last 2 digits mean "recruited by Hugo and alive" and i'm not sure about the 5th and 6th digits, they may just be 00 and still work...

http://www.herrvillain.com/codebreaker/suikoden has codes and http://www.cmgsccc.com has encrypted codes (works same way no problem), and you can have both Jimba and Lulu in the game with their "all recruited" code, but they don't provide individual character recruit-status codes like piedpipers. (i just want to enable Lulu and Jimba)
Last edited by KFCrispy on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

The codes will work on pretty much any device with a little manipulation. In their current condition (raw, unencrypted format), they should work on any version of Codebreaker. If you need them encrypted for some reason, then MAXConvert can do that for you with very little effort.

As I noted on CMGSCCC, the recruit codes page was generated with a program (saves a bit of time over marking up 112 individual entries) and Lulu was somehow left out of the input character list. The code you have is correct for him and the page has been updated to eliminate the problem.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

*cheers pyriel*
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Are Codebreakers worth the money??

Will the latest version work on PS1 games?
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can buy Code Breaker for a little over $10. if you get it online, buy it with more useful things you need to make the shipping worth it (or hopefully free shipping!)

i would say it's worth my $12
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If the location you have on the sidebar is for real, then it might not be worth it. Pelican doesn't make a PAL version of the Codebreaker and while it may work on a system with a mod chip, there are no guarantees and Pelican won't support it. Another factor is that official codes for PAL games are rarely produced for it. Even if it does work, you'll be almost exclusively relying on converted official codes from other devices with the odd user-made code thrown in.

(Not that the official guys are actually producing much worth using these days.)
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Yeah the location is for real!

Hhmmm......i might not buy it so as i am having trouble using my NTSC version of Action Replay Max on my modded PAL PS2.

I am thinking of investing in a NTSC PS2 later so i might get the codebreaker with it.
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hopefully you won't have problems with the Code Breaker! it's cheap and well supported but for my PS2 it has trouble loading at times and makes scary cd reading noises when it tries to load and works. also has been causing the PS2 to not load automatically games just after using it--instead the ps2 might access your browser/mem card manager section or the psx driver information -_-. random... but as long as it doesn't do permanent damage i'm cool with all that.
Belcoot4

Re: Codebreaker codes

Post by Belcoot4 »

In regards to Lulu and Jimba, if you use code breaker they'll still be available although they die in the game??
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

that's the idea. you have to use the code after each one dies, of course.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Wow thats awesome, when my codebreaker gets here I'm throwing Jimba right into my main party, I'll hook him up with a True Water rune too.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

i still would like someone create codes to unlock the hidden spells of the heroes runes. seriously how cool would it be to have all of the magic attacks unlocked right off the back in Suikoden 1,2,4,5 instead of waiting for the storyline to open them. Also, the code that turns on the rune of punishment forgivness phase would be extremely useful for game play! Sure you have to wait for the hero to level up a bit to use the 3rd and 4th levels spells, but still...
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Codes] Codebreaker

Post by KFCrispy »

i'd really like to get a code that controls Chris' outfit so that i can switch between heavy armor and light armor. i think in her light armor mode, she could use Wizard Hat...
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

... and climb ladders
shinjig

Post by shinjig »

I'd been having trouble with one of Pyriel's codes. To modify the treasure you get from the mountain path. Basically I'm still getting the random crap. Where the codes wrong? Mislabeled (different chest?), or specific to only 1 persons chapters (codes only work for Geddoes but not Hugo's for example).

Course if there was a code to change what Dominic sells this would be irrelevent (like the code to modify what Hans sells in suikoden 2)