Hugo's duel vs Yuber is completely fixed

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Hugo's duel vs Yuber is completely fixed

Post by KFCrispy »

i gave myself unlimited Stat Stones to increase Hugo's ATK (i had problems using the actual stat modifier to make it 999.. so i took the safer / long way) to see if Yuber can be beaten. i ended up doing the same tick damage i dealt when i didn't cheat.

Yuber also seems to have a ridiculously high ATK value for this duel.. i gave Hugo 999 HP and a regular attack took off half my life, deathblow takes the entire bar. i'd say it's either just forced % damage values (such as Yuber's atk = remove half of Hugo's HP) or his ATK is over 600... i had over 100 DEF and he could still take off ~500 with a regular attack.

i guess there could be a way of beating him as long as you were extremely lucky with his attack choices. you'd probably have to successfully hit him like 20 times or so without letting him hit you, ever. an emulator would do well if you can save/reload before the randomization occurs to decide his next move.... also an infinite HP code might work, but i am sure if you are hit with a deathblow, your life will go to 0 for an instant and end the duel.
Chaco

Re: Hugo's duel vs Yuber is completely fixed

Post by Chaco »

I ALMOST beat it once I had one or two hits left but then I was dead! I was sad :(

I agree it's rigged!!
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

an emulator would do well if you can save/reload before the randomization occurs to decide his next move
But Yubers moves aren't random in that battle. If you do Deathblow he will Defend, if you do Defend he'll attack.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Next time I fight Yuber with Hugo, I'll use the Inf HP code. If it works, I'll let you know that it IS possible...just REALLY hard. Other wise it's not possible to beat Yuber...even with a cheat device.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'm thinking he's supposed to beat him. No matter what you do he'll probably win.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Yeah, I always figured it was just like the first fights with Neclord in S1 & S2. He's super-awesome and beats the crap out of you, end of fight. Just makes it that much sweet when you finally do beat him in a fair(ish) fight.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you can predict all his moves the most damage you'd take is the first attack. after that, the morale bar being against him plus picking all the right counters will prevent him from hitting you. you do deal damage to him, but it's only 1 tick off of the 20 or so ticks, and who knows if the game simply stops letting you hurt him at some point (ie Guillaime vs Melville is fixed)
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I don't think they want you to beat him.

Maybe they use that duel as part as Hugo's character growth. You know, because of his loss he realized how weak he was and that gave him the drive to want to become stronger himself rather than to have the flame champion do save the grasslands for him.

I'm sure i could make more since if I weren't tired. :<

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we all know you're not supposed to beat him, but we are exploring if it is even possible to beat him, like in other battles with Yuber.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

KFCrispy wrote:we all know you're not supposed to beat him, but we are exploring if it is even possible to beat him, like in other battles with Yuber.
You have to wonder what WOULD happen if you DID beat him though.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Avalionis wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:we all know you're not supposed to beat him, but we are exploring if it is even possible to beat him, like in other battles with Yuber.
You have to wonder what WOULD happen if you DID beat him though.
if it were possible, maybe Hugo would faint or something.

-Lorelai Gilmore
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

RangerDeon wrote:if it were possible, maybe Hugo would faint or something.
That's true...they'd have to have something happen to Hugo that would cause him to faint and awaken in the Inn.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

and yuber might call you a cheater again.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Crowetron wrote:Yeah, I always figured it was just like the first fights with Neclord in S1 & S2. He's super-awesome and beats the crap out of you, end of fight. Just makes it that much sweet when you finally do beat him in a fair(ish) fight.
Only problem with this is that even if you beat the snot out of him in the Ancient Highway he's still acting like you couldn't beat him ever, even though you already did once.

Suikoden III is lovely with it's alternative outcomes and Trinity Sight System. Too bad it doesn't give a crap about half of them making for a very inconsistant game if you don't play like you're supposed to.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

KFCrispy wrote:and yuber might call you a cheater again.
that Yubar's a sore loser.

-Lorelai Gilmore