WTF???!!! The hell happened to Hortez's Star???

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Future Saiyan

WTF???!!! The hell happened to Hortez's Star???

Post by Future Saiyan »

I'm just wondering, I've recruited Hortez, but for some reason, he's not showing up in the 108 Stars Tablet???? The hell is up with that??? n e 1 know what happened????
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Speak to him at Duck Village, Caleria, and Chisha Village. Speak to him in Duck Village again, and give him the wrong directions.
You did all of this? Just telling Hortez where to go doesn't get him there, since he's just as lost as his mother was fifteen years ago. If you've done all this and received "Hortez VII has joined the 108 Stars of Destiny." message, then I don't know what's wrong.
Future Saiyan

Post by Future Saiyan »

Yeah I did that, but it's fine now. The game musta forgot or something. Because I recruited him with Chris and lied to him in Duck Village, and it said he joined. But when I checked with the tablet with Hugo in chapter 5, his name wasn't there. At first I thought it was Watari since he too have a Chikou star, but it turned out that for some reason Hortez haven't join me yet. So I went back to Duck Village again and to my surprise, Hortez was there. So I recruited him again and he finally showed up. Musta been a bug or something.
Vexen

Post by Vexen »

I must have missed a day in Suikoden school, but when was Raura Hortez's mother? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I've heard nothing about it.
The memory's wiles are cruel. In its silence, we forget. And in its perversion, it binds our hearts firmly.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

Vexen wrote:I must have missed a day in Suikoden school, but when was Raura Hortez's mother? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I've heard nothing about it.
She was in Suikoden 2. She was the Rune Scroll maker you get in Tinto after you face Neclord the second time.

Back to the post at hand anyway It does sound like a glitch. I cant remember correctly, but maybe the problem was the fact you lied. I cant remember if your supposed to tell the truth or lie to him.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

riou83 wrote:
Vexen wrote:I must have missed a day in Suikoden school, but when was Raura Hortez's mother? I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I've heard nothing about it.
She was in Suikoden 2. She was the Rune Scroll maker you get in Tinto after you face Neclord the second time.
That's not what he asked. He asked when it was said she was Hortez's mother not when she showed up >_<

The answer is, never. That's something the poster made up on his own.
Sakurachan

Post by Sakurachan »

Oh yea i remember her.
Im convinced now that I too have a soul of my own--Luc
Night

Post by Night »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
riou83 wrote:
That's not what he asked. He asked when it was said she was Hortez's mother not when she showed up >_<

The answer is, never. That's something the poster made up on his own.
Not necessarily, it's just he logical speculation given that they share the same star, a certain similarity in appearance, and the same misguided sense of direction!
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Aerolithe Lion

Re:

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

riou83 wrote:

Back to the post at hand anyway It does sound like a glitch. I cant remember correctly, but maybe the problem was the fact you lied. I cant remember if your supposed to tell the truth or lie to him.
You're suppose to lie to him to get him to join you, and the same thing happened to me. I recruited him with Chris in chapter 3, but noticed he wasn't at his station in chapter 4 and I had to go re-recruit him.
Belle

Re: WTF???!!! The hell happened to Hortez's Star???

Post by Belle »

Not to be rude, but after a good five or so years, he's probably figured it out.
Aerolithe Lion

Re: WTF???!!! The hell happened to Hortez's Star???

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Just helping out anyone else who would have had a similar problem. Why the board isn't done in private messages, answering questions will help everyone who googles it and finds this page.