Falcon Rune?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

water rune also changed. S1 and S2 water rune doesnt have breath of ice
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

reyjusuf wrote:water rune also changed. S1 and S2 water rune doesnt have breath of ice
Plenty of runes have changed, been added and been removed from game to game, but that is irrelevant to this thread. Please keep discussion Falcon Rune-related, thanks.
Blue Lightning

Post by Blue Lightning »

SirYuber wrote:Maybe Belcoot skipped class a lot at Haias school. and therefore he can only use once and gets dizzy afterwards.. he is a noooob :)
Well yeah but in V he does 3x damage, which is more powerful than it used to be...
SirYuber

Post by SirYuber »

Blue Lightning wrote:
SirYuber wrote:Maybe Belcoot skipped class a lot at Haias school. and therefore he can only use once and gets dizzy afterwards.. he is a noooob :)
Well yeah but in V he does 3x damage, which is more powerful than it used to be...
but which is better? one time use and dizzy with 3x damage or 2x damage every turn with no penalty? (ok, it is supposed to lower accuracy)
still Kika is the master with falcon rune, 3x damage every turn without penalty, then imagine if Haia will be available as a SoD in future suikodens, like 5x damage!! :)
~~~I am Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power? My fist is the divine breath,blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers.Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'~~~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

SirYuber wrote:
Blue Lightning wrote:
but which is better? one time use and dizzy with 3x damage or 2x damage every turn with no penalty? (ok, it is supposed to lower accuracy)
still Kika is the master with falcon rune, 3x damage every turn without penalty, then imagine if Haia will be available as a SoD in future suikodens, like 5x damage!! :)
Kika is still the best so far, and yet she is the only known Falcon user who didn't train under Haia.

I wouldn't be surprised if the master himself is worse than her.
Stalphose

Post by Stalphose »

patapi wrote:Chris' Phoenix rune might be the one that remind you of Falcon rune, but it's definitely not the same.
I believe she is correct.
I've searched around for all of the runes and never found it.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

i think about the unbalanced and the damage whether it is x3 or x2 depends on the user as in how skilfull the swordmen/swordwomen is.
Valeria and Anita may be faster hence they can attack more than Belcoot does
well as for Belcoot maybe he is stronger than Valeria or Anita since his Falcon rune is x3 ... uhmmm is Valeria's and Anita's x2 ?

as what SirYuber has said, it is not impossible to have Haia's Falcon can inflict damage up to x5 since he is the master of it ...

hahaa
kelvin loves suikoden
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Valeria has the critical Falcon chance, which is 5x.
but it IS pretty useless comparing Falcon Runes between games because plotwise, they are the same; their functions change with each game's mechanics.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

KFCrispy wrote:Valeria has the critical Falcon chance, which is 5x.
I'm always telling everyone this but because they all get Kasumi noone remembers! The Falcon rune has changed a lot over the games, however almost all the runes have, I believe the only truly consistent ability rune that has been in all the games is the Shrike rune with its 2x damage unlimited use ( did Sagiri in GSV have unlimited use of it? ).

Falcon Rune incarnations:

SUIKODEN 1
Valeria - 2x damage, -5% chance to hit

SUIKODEN 2
Anita - 2x damage, -10% chance to hit
Valeria - 2x damage, -10% chance to hit ( or 5x damage if critical hit, can't miss )

SUIKODEN 3
None - Phoenix is not the same!

SUIKODEN 4
Kika - 3x damage

SUIKODEN 5
Belcoot - 3x damage, once per battle, unbalanced

I dont recall the exact percentages that were taken away from the accuracy, I know it was higher chance to miss in GS2, am not sure if Kika's one could miss.

Kika really is the anomaly here, especially in Suiko Tactics where the Falcon rune gets expanded to a variety of attacks. I assume the higher damage multiplier was an answer to the smaller parties?

Generally this is pretty easy to explain if you regard just GS1/GS2/GSV, the characters trained under Haia. Valeria and Anita are rivals, they are very similar in style using rapier type weapons but it is clear that Valeria is the more skilled. This is why she was given the 5x damage critical in the second game, to set them apart and leave Valeria on top. Belcoot uses a massive 2H sword rather than a rapier, which you would expect to do more damage due to the weight and muscle behind it - I think also because of the size of the sword that is why Belcoot is unbalanced after using it, it must be taxing to do that kind of technique with a sword so large.

Suikoden V was a bit weird with all the ability runes. Apart from the Shrike rune none of them bothered to have unique looks, they just did normal hits and multiplied the damage done. This makes it a little more confusing as to why Belcoot is unbalanced after his attack but I guess it was a balancing issue in the game, he would have been far too strong if he could Falcon every round, even if it was only 2x damage.

I find it quite annoying that the 'Falcon Style of Fencing' is getting less and less defined, if they're not careful they'll soon destroy the Falcon Rune and Haia's image by spreading it too thin. Is not the point of a fighting style that all pupils are the same? Otherwise how do you know its that style!? IMO Belcoot ( though his story is great ) shouldn't have been trained under Haia, its as if they put that in there just because they wanted a Falcon user in the Sacred Games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in Suikoden 1, special attack runes never miss, including Falcon. they also all worked from the back row, which was a very nice tactical advantage.
i think it's -5% hit in Suikoden 2, but no big deal.. i've never seen it miss either except maybe on Luca, who sometimes takes 1 dmg from a rune command atk. Falcon users generally have very high TECH/SKL, anyway.

Kika's Falcon attack in S4 is not always 3x because the multiple strikes can miss (noticeable by a gap between numbers flying everywhere), and it's got random variation. i think the final hit is always double or stronger than the rest..
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Falcon Rune?

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I know many of the lesser runes come from the higher ended runes (ie the True Runes), i don't the command runes are any exception to that rule. Therefore, i cannot help but think that the Falcon Rune and Phoenix Rune are perhaps cut from the same Rune cloth as it were given their similar yet slightly distinct natures. Of course, i am just speculating a little bit.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Mise

Post by Mise »

Don't be silly, how can Kika have possibly been a student of Roundier Haia if Valeria was also a student of his... over 150 years later? How old could the man be?
It's likely a technique passed down through generations, and Roundier Haia would be the one to get the most credit for such teachings since the first two installments were so close together, it made sense to encounter students of his multiple times.
From what we've seen of it, compared to the timeline,
it begins with Kika, at its strongest.
Then we see Belcoot with it over a century later, and is much weaker.
Then we see Valeria with it ten years after that, with essentially the same effect.
Then we see Anita with it years after that, and it weakened further.
And finally, it disappears altogether in the third installment.
It is no coincidence that man's best friend is incapable of speech.
tadhi

Post by tadhi »

is there a video of Valeria doing Falcon Rune with 5x damage? I really want to see it

I searched youtube but found nothing :/

2010 thread, what a bump xD
Saj

Post by Saj »

Cant help here basicly it looks like last part of her and Anita Unite.
Does Killer Rune will increse Critical of falcone rune?