[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Blasphemy000

Post by Blasphemy000 »

What I tried to do is assume I was given the choice to take 6 characters with me throughout the entire game (no switching), which 6 would I take and why. So, here's my versatile party that can be put in any situation and come out alright.

I've made note about special equipment that I've used, but if not mentioned, assume TrueThunderboltLeather, Custom Chainmail,etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slot 1: Hugo (Killer Rune, Dragon Scale, Flame Casque, Chain-Attack Ring, 2x Belt of Strength)
As you can see, melee is my focus with Hugo. He has a high number of attacks and continual attack has been boosted by items. All he does is fight, that True Fire Rune is a decoration on his hand.

Slot 2: Mua (FireFly, Double-Strike, Windspun, Horned Helmet, Chaos Shield, 2x Gold Emblem, Flame Amulet)
Obviously not the most powerful character, he does serve his purpose rather well. I like tank characters and with Hugo's speed, Mua ends up in the middle of the battlefield more often than not. He's there to protect my defensively weak party. He does do damage though with 2 attacks per round, double-strike and the strength boosting equipment. Chaos shield is kept because I like the increased skill bonus rather than more defense and status protect. He has a decent MDF stat, I've gotten his Magic Resistance skill up to an A and he has resistance against fire and wind so he'll last through some of the bigger spells.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slot 3: Yuiri (Double Strike, Fury, Chief's Hat, 3x Belt of Strength)
High damage is her game. She has an A+ in heavy damage given this setup and with an appointment, we can take it up to an S. This is a character build I heard mentioned in one of the threads here (discussing Chief's hat) but it's just too good. That build bumped Roland/Jacques from this spot. I use an archer here because an archer keeps my Mage out of harms way.

Slot 4: Sasari (Pale Gate, Mother Earth, 2x Reflection Ring, Water Ring)
I would've liked to have 2 water rings, but I've only been able to get 1. Sasari is a support mage first, a munchkin killer second. He uses level 1 and 2 Pale Gate attack spells and Earthquake (2 or 3) if possible. With the True Earth, he uses Canopy Defense at level 3. With high magic resistance, an S in magic repel and being away from the action with unlimited range, he is nearly invincible. Thanks to Yuiri up there, Sasari rarely is within sight of enemies, but his magic hurts them all the same.

Slot 5: Juan (Double-Strike, Flame Casque, Yellow Scarf, 2x Belt of Strength)
Not much to say here.... He can quite literally beat most random encounters by himself. His Bujitsu skill helps out my other melee fighters (mainly Hugo) and having a mobile bujitsu teacher is cool as well.

Slot 6: Nei (Flowing, Thunder, Jongleur, Flame Casque, 3x Lightning Magic Rings)
She is my utility member. Against bosses she opens with lvl4 lightning then, assuming I don't kill the boss in one round, she goes into her chanting. She will stop chanting if I need healing and Sasari can't handle the load or is KO'd, but that's more of a safety measure than anything. Against the bosses, she's always casting/chanting, but against regular encounters, I send her up for melee. Juan usually kills anyone tough up there so when Nei comes in, it's usually just for cleanup so she's rarely in danger. And even if she is, Mua's there to soak some damage for the team.

Note: Early on, I use Jacques and Viki when I don't have access to Yuiri and Sasari. Jacques gets a double-strike and Viki is Flowing/Pale Gate. Jacques gets hurt a lot though... hehe
Matt620

Useful party

Post by Matt620 »

When it comes to parties, I like to say "Don't change what works well."

Geddoe's mercenary party, which one has to take for a majority of the game, has merit in and of itself. Ace can reach a third swing end game with Blood Armor, making him on the higher end of the damage spectrum, before any rune slots are factored. Queen too, can reach a third swing, with a Ninja Suit + Wind Hat (Wind Hat's useful for Queen too, considering Wind Magic is her best). Joker, like Nei, is a wizard who can do something other then magic, although he's more offensive magic and she's support magic. Jacques's second swing and S in Sharpshoot makes him second best among archers, only Yuiri will beat him, and that's because she criticals so many times. Aila's the only one who doesn't impress me: Yumi would be a lot better. But Aila's not completely written off; she's the mercenaries healer (Shield magic is something Yumi just does not have)

But, if one wants a party that's good for tackling everyday situations that you don't have to have, let's see...

Hugo

Elaine - A toss-up between her and Edge for a great lightning mage, but Elaine can outdamage Edge since he can't get a third swing.

Lucia - She's pretty much the Fire Magic version of Geddoe, with an A in Fire Magic and hefty damage and defensive ability, she's one of the game's best characters that considered a fire mage, with Joker in second.

Salome - As the party's support mage, Salome can cover all three basics: Water, Earth, and Shield. Nei is also an option, but I'm inclined to give it to Salome, since he creams Nei defensively, and is A in Shield tops her A in Earth.

Fred - The game's best counter attacker...without the skill! He'll topple Augustine in counter-ability since Fred has the option to equip a Mongosh, but I'd prefer an Earth Shield...The veritable tank

Yuiri - Game's best sniper, what can I say, although Jacques beats her when it comes to range, Yuiri can reach almost anything without moving. Plus, her high magic allows her to use Shining Wind effectively.
-M
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Blasphemy000, I am curious as to how you got 3 Lightning Magic Rings. I would like to know.
adrich
Elite Member

Post by adrich »

The Board Rules: Because knowledge is power!
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

for the last battle I used Hugo,Fubar Geddoe,Stella mua,nick(I thnk,the guy from dukes unit)
I had to use hugo becuz he was mi flame champion, I used Fubar so hugo wouldn't be an useless melee, and together they paked a crazy amount of damge.

Geddoe has some awosome thunder attaks(he had the TTR)and not a bad melee. Estella was crucial in this battle,she has some major rune power and did a good job at reflecting magic.

Mua and Nick are both huge tanks and pak a lot of physical damage I took out the front crystals in 2-4 turns(to bad that that stupid water cristal brought them bak)

Runes:Hugo- true fire Fubar-shining wind Geddoe-true thunder,violence Estella-Flowing,thunder,rage
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Geddoe- He can serve damage either in the form of his True Lightning Rune or physical attacks. Since he doesn't get as many spells at his disposal though I usually keep him as a fighter save for boss battles.

Paired with Geddoe I usually have another strong fighter who can vary a bit. You can have two characters attack but not both cast so this gives the most flexibility in battle. Fred, Futch without Bright etc all work just fine here. Two magic users paired together usually only get in the way and you don't want that in battle.

Hugo gets Fubar naturally. Its a good quick combination that can take some damage. Of course if you have a pure tank with the firefly rune then its not a huge issue. But hugo can get a lot of hits in ona single turn if you max out his swing and then give him the title that boosts that stat a notch higher to wither and A+ or an S. However sometimes I will have Hugo go in solo for the sake of having Nei as she can server as a healer who can back up Sasarai and also free him up to use his other runes. Nei also is not a terrible fighter either wich means if I don't feel like chanting she can be of at least some use.

Third pairing is another tank, it changes here backing up Sasarai. Why Sasarai? He's really the every mage in this game. He has True Earth which provides a lot of support (canopy defense is a blessing in the final battle) and his earthquake does decent damage save flying creatures. Have a flowing rune on the other hand and He can also serve as the healer. Finally put a pale gate rune on his head and he can serve decent offense. He's quick with all these magic and has enough spells to switch strategies as need be. Spells are most likely going to repel off of him meaning he is not going to die too easily if kept in the back row. (he's too much of a wuss to even consider being up front) But of course once he finally runs out of spells he is pretty useless. Heck, Shabon beats him out on strength.
Snowe Man

Post by Snowe Man »

id have to check back on my runes, but i know my setup is all out attack..

Hugo (Double-Strike)
Augustine (Red Rose + Doublestrike)
Juan (Doublestrike + Waking)
Sgt (Horned Helm + Blood Armor + Double-Strike + Killer)
Emily ( Warrior Rune/High Rep + Flame Casque)
Nei (Attack up chant)

no need to pair emily and juan because red rose will negate all unification attacks, but the 4k damage is well worth that

Sgt. Joe was my healer, he was good with water magic so I equipted him with a flowing.

I also tweeked up a lot of my base skills to S..like Juan with Magic Resistance S lol..And I have a lot of Elemental nullifying accessories equipted.

this team takes a lot of damage, but the last boss was dead in a few rounds :)
Snowe Man

Post by Snowe Man »

isnt her reg attack the same if not stronger than her equipted with a lion rune?
Clangeddin

Post by Clangeddin »

Ok, here's my final party:

1st pair
1 - Hugo (True Fire and Cyclone Rune)
Flame Casque
True Thunderbolt Leather
Fire Ring
Iron Boots
Dragon Incense
Weapon level 16= Lutz att power 180

2 - Fubar (Shining Wind and Killer Rune)
Megamedicine Ax4
Antitoxinx4
Throath Dropx4

2nd pair
1 - Chris (True Water and Phoenix Rune)
Horned Helmet
Windspun Armor
Engraved Guntlets
Iron Heel Shoes
Megamedicine Ax4
Weapon level 16= Ervich att power 190

2 - Sgt. Joe (Alertness and Flawing Rune)
Custom Helm
Custom Chain Mail
Gold Beak
Iron Boots
Megamedicine Ax4
Weapon level 16= Myste Prayuri att power 240

3rd pair
1 - Geddoe (Wizard, True Lightining and Counter Rune)
Custom Casque
Dragon Scale Mail
Lightning Ring
Iron Boots
Megamedicine Ax4
Weapon level 16= Wild Geese att power 210

2 - Sasarai (Pale Gate, True Earth and Flawing Rune)
Wind Hat
Dream Robe
Reflect Ring
Iron Boots
Magamedicine Ax4
Weapon level 16= Guardian's Eye att power 190

Support - Jeanne

Hugo and Fubar together, can deal an impressive amount of damage with their phisical attacks and (thanks to the killer rune) the first strike can deal very strong heavy damages.
Hugo has got both true fire (which is very nice for explosion and hell fire), and Cyclone Rune (very useful for the first spell, Healing Wind), so hes not even a bad magic user with a B+ in wind and a B in fire that can be upgraded to a B+ with a fire a ring. Also with Jeanne support, his chanting speed is boosted so he should cast before allies go into the area of effect of the fire rune.

Chris and the Seargent are the armored pair of the party. And they both deal great phisical damage, swing twice and have good water magics to replenish the party in short time. The Sergent may even cast a breath of ice in almost no time at all to weaken an enemy party made of 5 or 6 monsters at the cost of a level 1 MP, and thats pretty good. Crhis has the kindness rain as the first magic, and she gets a mother ocean for sure, so, along with the sergent you have 2 members that can revive, this pair is quite difficult to kill has they both have very good armor.

Geddoe and Sasarai are the spell-casters of the group, even if Geddoe is a power-house too, because hes got great armor and attack. However, with his True Lightning and a Wizard Rune, he can deal great amounts of damage with ThunderStorm or a well-hit Furios Blow. Hammer of Rajinis good only against last boss I guess =)
Sasarai is the uber-mage of the group, with True Earth and Flawing runes, he's the greates support-spell caster, plus with the Pale Gate Rune, and (for earth-bound enemies) with Land of Eternity he can finish the battle with a single spell, so you really cant ask nothing more of him =).

All active characters (except Hugo), have a Megamedicinex4, that's just in case the healing spells run out, but its very likely that it wont happen... that didn happen to me in the last battle so...

The Support member is jeanne, I think she's the best because with her RUne Sage ability, not only she does what she does at the castle, in your party, but she even boosts the speed of your magic-chanting of all your party memebers. Seen that she has A+ in this skill you can immagine that if u cast powerful spells at the beginning, most likely only bosses will be able to hit you. =)

My party was around level 60 and I didnt have any problems with the last boss at all, not to mention with the normal monsters. In my opinion this is one of the strongest party combination you could ever make. You could take off the Sgt. Joe if you don't like him, however, he's still a great asset to your party and since he gets powered up during th storyline (as you have to use him), it doesnt take much to power him up to the top.
Dont make the Big Show angry! XD
Bishop Luc

Post by Bishop Luc »

My final party FC Hugo(LvL 65)
Hugo was lvl 65 others were 57-59)

-Hugo (True Fire,Killer)
-Geddoe (True Lightning)
-Chris (True Water, Phoenix)
-Sasarai (True Earth,Flowing,Pale Gate)
-Borus
-Percival

Hehehe this party is great! Use Sasarai's True Earth for Canopy Defence
Unite Borus and Percival Knight A to kill the crystals Geddoe, Hugo & Chris kills the Wind Rincar Sasarai supports ^_^
"Go ahead and resist. It'll give me a chance to practice my powers of persuasion." - Luc
telemelia

Post by telemelia »

My final party was one that I was fairly certain of throughout.

1) Hugo w/ Truefire, Killer: Nobrainer here. Hugo dishes out the damage very well, as well as being able to blast away with Truefire. So he made the team.
Chris w/Truewater, Phoenix: My primary healer, Chris stood behind Hugo throughout the final battle. She was able, with the help of my secondary healers, to keep everyone up throughout the fight.

2) FRED! w/Counter, Firefly: Fred is the ultimate defensive tank. With high armor defense of B+, Resist of B, and shield defense of S, Fred couldn't be touched. I equipped him with my best stuff and added to his Counter as much as possible. Adding Firefly was the final touch. Any attack that didn't nail everyone hit Fred, so no real damage was dealt. He was my best character, and I was surprised to hear not many others chose him for final party.
Sasarai w/Trueearth and Flowing: He acted as a backup healer and protector for the fight. It was due to him that Edge was in the fight as long as he was. He was very safe behind Fred.

3) Edge w/Double-strike, and Violence: Edge in this role was a ticking time bomb of fury. He did copious amounts of damage to the runes he could reach, but was very vulnerable. Fred took as much of the heat as possible, but Edge was only temporary. He was mainly there to attack and dish it out while Geddoe did his thing. I like this setup for him. He and Fred reminded me of Wolverine and Colossus in combat. Fred takes the hits and Edge dealt them.
Geddoe w/Truelightning and Barrier: Geddoe's job was to hit the high runes. He did his job well, and took them out by the time Edge bit it for good. I added barrier onto him in order in increase survivability. I wanted him to be there through the end.

This party consisted of my favorite characters, but also the most effective. I hated Hugo, but story forced me to keep him on. It's also hard to hate a character who is so darn effective!
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Ok, here's my final party:

Hugo+Lilly = Hugo's my Flame Champion and i paired him with Lilly so that he can actually use his true fire rune and Lilly can use a Thunder Rune i got for her.

Chris+Nei = Chris can use the True Water Rune to heal anyone who got hit and Nei can use her Jongleur rune to make everyone berserk.

Geddoe+Jacques = Geddoe can use his True Lightning Rune to deal damage on everyone and Jacques can normally hit. Plus, i added a lightning rune for Jacques to help out Geddoe if he either dies or is hurt badly.

This WOULD be my final party if i'm not wrong... who can help me make this better the next time i play it?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Brody

Post by Brody »

Hugo+Fubar = Lethal combo. Together, these guys do massive damage, attack up to three times a battle. Better yet, they don't die as often as they are separate. It doesn't matter who the flame champion is, having them in the party as this combo totally rocks. Hugo was my flame champion, though.

Futch+Bright = What can I say, I love mounted pairs, and Futch is my favorite character. This is like a suped up version of the previous, sans the continual attack which would have made them god-like. Together, they become a virtual tank, I love it!

Chris+Geddoe = The two other trune runes in action. Geddoe is in the back because his holy dash will get him wherever he wants anyway, and I like Chris to get the first blow before Geddoe finishes it. Besides, Geddoe will be using his true rune, and this prevents him from losing the chant. Chris provides good healing when needed.

My powerhouse team, with an occasional healing, utterly dominated the final boss.
Persmega

Post by Persmega »

I've beaten the end boss with these characters...

Hugo- True Fire & Killer Rune
Fubar- Shining Wind & Gale Rune

Geddoe- True Lightning Rune
Sasarai- True Earth Rune & Pale Gate Rune

Chris- True Water & Phoenix Rune
Edge- Rage & Killer Rune

Hugo was level 67 and the rest was Leveled up to 58, the boss battle wasnt hard at all...atleast for me...just wanted to point that out.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Geddoe
Chris
Hugo
Futch
Hallec
Edge

this may not be the 'best' formation for a party because they are all primarily fighters but they are my favorite charactors so It was all good