[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The reason I ask is because even now without a Fury or a Double-Strike equipped to either of them I am able to do 1200 damage to a stone golem in the final dungeon.
Sorry. I thought that meant "with", not "without".
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

my experiment did NOT include double-strike. Yes, i had Fubar and Hugo's skills maxed. I made sure it was NORMAL damage (No x2 or x3).
I did it on the Stone Golem in the Yaza Plains. They were both at level 56.

I replaced Fubar's Fury with double-strike for the final battle cause you can buy unlimited stock of double-strike runes near the end of the game. And the damage taken is split between Hugo and Fubar if they're mounted.
Also needed to give Fury Rune to someone else (Geddeo with Fury and double-strike is insane). I only had patience to get 3 of them from the Copper Sun in ancient highway earlier. Third fury Rune i gave to Emily and she kicked ass the final war battle (took out mad battalions).
Strategy is the key to victory!
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

My last party consisted of:

Leo; Double-Strike. He kinda died. Early. But he was the only one. :) And I never use jizos, so too bad for him. :roll:
Geddoe; True Lightning. I wish I had put some melee stuff on him, because for some reason he only did 1 damage to the WindRincar with lightning magic.

Hugo; True Fire which he never used. He also got a wind rune to heal himself and...
Fubar; Nothing fancy on this guy. I'm beginning to think I'm something of a minimalist.

Chris; True water. Acted as the second healer of the group. She did a good job at that too, thankyouverymuch.
Lil' Viki; Pale Gate, Blinking, Flowing. Main healer and also a bit of a damage dealer with her funky Pale Gate action.

Jeane; Who else for support?!?! Quick casting pwns even if it's mostly for the healing spells.

All of my characters, except Leo, survived easily. Took out the runes in 3-4 turns, and didn't experience any trouble at all from the Earth rune. Also, my chars were all level 55+ and none of them had maxed out weaponry. I should probably have switched Leo and Chris' spots. Guess that would be better.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Let's see if I can remember my final party. I haven't played in a while.

Hugo-True Fire and Wind- he healed and attacked with his runes
Geddoe-True Lightning and Thunder-he did some serious damage with his rune

Chris-True Water and Phoenix-she was my healer since that phoenix thingy didn't do squat, she wasn't half bad with her sword either
Emily-Haziness-she was my main regular attacker, that girl's swing is awesome! she once got 10 hits in!

Salome-Water and Shield-he also helped with healing and used that spell that makes everyone beserk (can't remember what it's called)
Sasarai-True Earth and Flowing-mostly used protection spells and occasionally helped Chris out with healing everybody

And I think I had Tuta as my support.
Last edited by Chris_Lightfellow on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Let's see if I can remember my final party. I haven't played in a while

Hugo-True Fire and Wind- he healed and attacked with his runes
Geddoe-True Lightning and Thunder-he did some serious damage with his rune

Chris-True Water and Phoenix-she was my healer since that phoenix thingy didn't do squat, she wasn't half bad with her sword either
Emily-Haziness-she was my main regular attacker, that girl's swing is awesome! she once got 10 hits in!

Salome-Water and Shield-he also helped with healing and used that spell that makes everyone beserk (can't remember what it's called)
Sasarai-True Earth and Flowing-mostly used protection spells and occasionally helped Chris out with healing everybody

And I think I had Tuta as my support.
1. Why attach both True Lightning and Thunder on Geddoe? You'd end up using True Lightning all the time anyways since all of the spells are stronger than Thunder's.

2. Is it even possible to get 10 hit? I thought 8 is the max?

3. Your pairing is a bit weird. Salome and Sasarai together are wasted since you can only use 1 magic anyways. The other would be inefficient. Might want to switch Salome and Emily.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

1. absolutely!

2. umm not sure, never maxed out speed.

3. Well Sasari's earth rune probably for defense. Salome can attack for decent damage, not great but decent. I'm also guessing you can use salome's shield for oath and healing. if oath is successful in making the other 2 groups beserk, it's okay since she can just attack with those 2 groups constantly while sasari and salome are for defense and healing support every turn.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:it's okay since she can just attack with those 2 groups constantly while sasari and salome are for defense and healing support every turn.
Well, defence then healing on alternate turns. Grouping mages and fighters together is usually a wiser use of resources. It makes your team more flexible. If you're in a tough battle and want to heal every turn you're never going to use the True Earth Rune.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:3. Well Sasari's earth rune probably for defense. Salome can attack for decent damage, not great but decent. I'm also guessing you can use salome's shield for oath and healing. if oath is successful in making the other 2 groups beserk, it's okay since she can just attack with those 2 groups constantly while sasari and salome are for defense and healing support every turn.
After looking at the post once again, I find it to be too magic-based. Hugo attacking with his rune and also heal. Geddoe attacking with his rune. This cannot be done since they are in a pair. And True Lightning Rune is the strongest rune in the game. So we'd want Geddoe to use True Lightning Rune every turn, which leaves Hugo's magic totally wasted. Or if Hugo had to heal, then Geddoe's magic would be wasted.

And even if Salome can use Battle Oath, the fact that the party relied on magic so heavily made the berserk status quite useless. Only Emily (and to a certain degree, Chris and Hugo) would benefit from the spell. Rather than casting Battle Oath, Salome might benefit more by using Great Blessing that would heal all allies.

Personally, using the same characters, the pairing would be better if it's:

Hugo - Geddoe : Hugo boosted in physical skills while Geddoe freely use his True Lightning Rune every turn.

Chris - Salome : Chris boosted in physical skills, serves as a tank and physical fighter. Salome cast Great Blessing as a healer. Replace Water with Earth, and use Clay Guardian on first turn.

Emily - Sasarai : Emily purely as physical fighter, Sasari freely use his True Earth Rune every turn.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

It is magic based actually. I prefer using magic on the final boss because physical attacks never really took out that much for me. And I'm pretty sure that Emily did have 10 hits.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:It is magic based actually. I prefer using magic on the final boss because physical attacks never really took out that much for me.
I know that your party is magic based, that's why I said that it's too magic based. This is fine if there is no Buddy System, but with Buddy System, you're wasting Hugo-Geddoe and Salome-Sasarai pairing because only 1 member of the pair could cast magic at a time. So instead of having 3 magic spells if you spread Geddoe-Salome-Sasarai into 3 different pairs, you'd only have 2 spells because the third pair (Chris-Emily) would be doing physical attack.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

this boss has a "magic reflector" spell. That's why i'm hesitatant with using magic, sure you can just unload the True Rune spells on the first turn, but after that the "reflector" spell can be cast, you have to adjust your plan of attack.
Plus, the boss can out-duel you in offensive magic since each member of your party has only about 300-500hp and the boss has a couple of thousand hp each part. You have to pay attention to your Hp. The wind rincar's most powerful attack is when the bird does it's "color array"
attack on all members of your party.

If you don't take out the Water Orb, it'll revive any "dead" orbs every turn. If there's no dead orbs, it can cast Heavenly Drops.

I was just defending Chris_Lightfellow's original party. But yes, you can rearrange the formation for optimal results.
I personally wouldn't put Sasari and Salome together as a pair either. hehe
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:this boss has a "magic reflector" spell. That's why i'm hesitatant with using magic, sure you can just unload the True Rune spells on the first turn, but after that the "reflector" spell can be cast, you have to adjust your plan of attack.
To counter that, just use Sasarai's Guardian Earth that will take care of that magic reflect move.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

but casting offensive magic will still be useless regardless of what you do?
It can cast the reflector spell again.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You can cast your most powerful offensive magic in the same turn Sasarai casts Guardian Earth without any worries. Sasarai has an S-rank in Earth Magic, and GE is the first spell in the True Earth Rune, so he'll surely cast first, and allows room for the others who cast offensive magic in the same turn.
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

This boss is very easy when u get the hang of it....just take

Hugo simone futch
sarasai estella nei

this is simple nei can cast her jungleur rune up to an S, Estella can cast her gate up to an S and sarasai have him with earth and water
Cast de jungleur rune to get simone,futch, and hugo berserk ,estella can cast her second spell of the gate rune wich is water based i think, this will do a VERY HEAVY damage on the fire rune believe me when i say this and have sarasai cast the guardian of earth to ur party, the next round just cast the last spell of hugo or whoever ur FC is, this will do a very HEAVY damage to the water rune, and keep estella using gate rune while the other 3 go into melee atacks i used neis water magic when im about to die wich is not very often her water magic is at an A so its a very reliable character to casti water magic with use the flowing rune and at this rate with the melee atacks and everyone in fury runes this battle will take u about 5 rounds,well for me,if u dont like nei then bring Juan and put the flowing rune on sarasai ,who is good with magic too,if juan is at a high level and aids ur party with melee atacks Futch and simone can do a hell lot of damage Futch speed is very reliable too
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë