[Discussion] Optimal chapter playthrough order

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

your right highwind, thanks for the correction
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

Chris vs. Lucia is in Chris chapter 2 not Hugo chapter 2. It is when Chris is told to attack the Great Hollow that Lucia comes out. If you accept the challenge then in Hugo's chapter 2 you will see Chris accept and it will fade to black and come back in after the duel and continue.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Chris vs. Lucia happens in BOTH Chris Chapter 2 and Hugo Chapter 2. I just clarified which Hugo Chapter it occured in.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

i thought you couldn't get the duel at Chisha, because if you choose the option to 'Strike' (if i remember right), you'll be stopped by Nash and Sgt. Joe. I viewed both duel scenes and fought Lucia at Great Hollow.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Well, umm... I kinda didn't want to spoil it. I didn't say you could duel her, just that you have the option of doing so (only to get stopped by Nash).
Jack of All Trades

Re:

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Geddoe wrote:I don't know if this is Optimal, but the order I play them allows you to choose some optional Duels. I play them in the order of:

Hugo Chapter 1 (optional Duel against Chris)
Chris Chapter 1
Geddoe Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2 (optional Duel against Lucia)
Hugo Chapter 2
Geddoe Chapter 2
Geddoe Chapter 3
Hugo Chapter 3 (optional Duel against Chris)
Chris Chapter 3
Thomas Chapter 1
Thomas Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Hope that helps.
Is this right? I read somewhere that once you complete everyone's third chapter Thomas' Chapters will be locked?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Optimal chapter playthrough order

Post by KFCrispy »

Thomas is unlocked at different points in each main POV. Geddoe has an option to "keep looking around" after the Karaya Village incident, and you will be able to unlock Thomas in his Chapter 1 - if you choose to go back to Caleria, Geddoe won't meet Thomas until Chapter 3.
Chris will meet Thomas in Chapter 2, and Hugo will meet him in Chapter 3.

only one character needs to unlock him for you to play Thomas's chapters.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Don't you have to complete Thomas chapters before completing all the leads' Chapter 3, or else it'd simply skip Thomas and go straight into Chapter 4?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think you have to play Thomas before starting Chapter 4, but you can wait until after all the chapter 3s are done first if you want.
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Oppenheimer wrote:I think you have to play Thomas before starting Chapter 4, but you can wait until after all the chapter 3s are done first if you want.
I'm getting two different answers so I'm going to create back up data just in case but Oppenheimer had the answer I wanted to hear so I'm going to hope he's right and plan for that. Thanks guys.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Oppenheimer's correct, and that's why the recommended order posted earlier is there....
eldrasidar

Re: [Discussion] Optimal chapter playthrough order

Post by eldrasidar »

if you haven't done either of thomas' chapters before completing all of the main character's third chapters, the game will give you a prompt asking if you are sure you don't want to complete thomas' chapters before moving on to chapter 4, as they will become locked if you select to move on to chapter 4.

personally, I prefer to play through chris's and hugo's chapters as such:
hugo 1
chris 1
chris 2
hugo 2
hugo 3
chris 3

geddoe and thomas i tend to do all at once (geddoe 1, then 2, then 3, thomas 1 and then 2), and i don't have a preference for playing their chapters before, after, or in the middle of chris and hugo's plots. whilst chris and hugo are fairly intertwined, geddoe and thomas are much more isolated stories. one thing nobody has pointed out is that you get to see a couple of extra scenes in thomas's chapters if you play them after unlocking thomas in all three main POV(basically it's the thomas perspective of meeting geddoe and chris).

another interesting point is that if you decide to do the chris level 99 trick, it might make more sense to play her chapters all together, and early, just so you don't accidentally recruit those stars with main-char-level-dependent starting levels. of course, if you're are doing that, you probably have already played through the game once, and so you can afford to miss scenes you've already seen.
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Hi all!

I apologize for bumping an old topic, but this is essentially my question, and it didn't make sense to make a new topic with this on the front page. If I'm in the wrong, I apologize.

Essentially, I am looking for the best chapter order. I asked this on gamefaqs, and this is the order I was told:

Hugo 1
Chris 1
Geddoe 1
Chris 2
Thomas 1
Hugo 2
Geddoe 2
Hugo 3
Thomas 2
Geddoe 3
Chris 3

This is supposed to be for the most 'hidden scenes' supposedly, but I can't seem to confirm that with my own research. And one of the guides I'm using highly recommends doing Geddoe before Hugo 3/ Chris 3/ Thomas 2 as he gets the copper hammer, and that helps all the other teams in their chapters. I was just poking around this site, and I saw this topic...i figured it couldn't hurt to ask here what people suggested/preferred.

Thanks for your time!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

that order is pretty much the same as Geddoe's recommendation on the first page of this thread, with Thomas chapters inserted between the chapters instead of playing them at the end. As discussed in this thread, there are really only around 4 scenes dependent on chapter order.
Hugo 1 before Chris 1: optional duel AND Hugo can drop off the pendant for Chris to receive (or was that part missing?? forgot..)
Chris 2 before Hugo 2: optional duel
Hugo 3 before Chris 3: choice on how to behave (although there is no duel)

oh, and Thomas chapters: I think you need to finish chapters where the main characters meet Thomas in order to see the extra scenes in his chapters where he greets them.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

A lot of people like playing Geddoe's chapters by themselves as they are mostly isolated from chris and hugo's chapters, so you'll get one continuous story line. playing all of them first does allow geddoe to get the copper hammer used to recruit Peggi the blacksmith in chapter 1, and upgrading to the iron hammer in chapter 3. Doing this before playing with anyone else means that when the other characters go to the Lake castle, they'll be able to get level 12 weapons earlier than normal (substantially earlier in the cases of Chris and Thomas), which can make things a little bit easier(not that the game is all that hard to begin with)