Berserk Rates?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hugo and Sergeant Joe also have a chance of being berserked if Lulu gets knocked out. That was a pretty huge help in fighting Leo, Percival and two other knights at Vinay del Zexay.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

characters can go berserk when they are hit too many times (doesn't depend on amt of HP lost), which can explain Queen's sudden berserkednes

i don't believe Roland goes berserk for Chris.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

KFCrispy wrote:characters can go berserk when they are hit too many times (doesn't depend on amt of HP lost), which can explain Queen's sudden berserkednes

That's correct Roland doesn't go berserk when Chris dies.
darkness knight

hmmm

Post by darkness knight »

topo goes berserk when nei or the other little girl are killed but not vice versa o.O also Futch goes berserk when bright dies and viceversa with these 3 characters its very convenient that this happens because they do a heavy lot o damage to the enemy
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Bright beserK? "Run away run away..."-Monty Python's holy grail

So generally, characters go beserk if a close friend/family relatives get KOed (with the exceptions mentioned already) and if they take too many physical attacks.

Normally if you take too many physical attacks without healing it, you would be at critical (not tank character), and thus berserk. So, you don't go berserk just because you are critical (e.g critical in one hit by Yuber, you're not going to be beserk).
Strategy is the key to victory!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Black Knight Yuber wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:characters can go berserk when they are hit too many times (doesn't depend on amt of HP lost), which can explain Queen's sudden berserkednes

That's correct Roland doesn't go berserk when Chris dies.
Yes, he does. I've witnessed it myself.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I can back Highwind up

roland does indeed go berzerk when chris is down, I saw it too
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

it could be percent chance thing. 30%? 10% chance of going berserk?
Strategy is the key to victory!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Yes, there is a % chance for every berserk that's caused by death of a comrade, and it looks like Roland has the lowest chance.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Well then, I guess he does. Every time I had Chris die, nothing with Roland happens. That % chance must be low for him.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Berserk Rates?

Post by KFCrispy »

it might be fun to keep someone low on HP with a Firefly or Blood Armor to cause the friend to go berserk in battles, but since the berserk chance seems to be % based, i don't know if it'll be worth it. i might try killing Toppo a lot to see if Shabon goes berserk (i know it was mentioned she didn't, but if it's % based it might still be possible... how high or low is the %)--that would help power her up even more. another good one could be dropping Sharon so the mounted Futch and Bright get even crazier. drop Yumi to boost Yuiri, hmmmm....... kill Franz to boost the Ruby + Bazba + Sgt Joe unite?
although.. Battle Oath is another option.
i also feel like i need to confirm the 2x berserk i claimed in these old threads, because it actually don't happen in Suikoden 2! this game is easier to confirm damage thanks to criticals ignoring defense (or with Shabon, i can do a really hard-hitting attack and should be able to tell from that)....
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

you don't go berserk from taking a lot of damage, you go berserk from taking a lot of hits. the damage only matters to the violence rune. thus someone like Leo might only take 6 damage, but still go berserk because hit got hit 6 times. going berserk from a comrades death is automatic so far as I can tell, unless you have a ability from a spell or piece of equipment that overrides it.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

When I fought Luc and the gang at Mt. Senai in Geddoe's Chapter 3, I killed sarah first and Luc Def. went berserk, unfortunately for Luc I killed him shortly after ;)

Oh and the suikosource walkthrough for Suikoden 3 is wrong it says
Mt. Senai
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Use the save point. Enter the next area. Cross the bridge, and walk forward.
When you get to the 2nd bridge, you'll see Sarah walking. Walk over to where
she was. Continue following the trail. Do not fight them. You will not gain
any EXP or skill points. Watch the cut-scene. Don't even go on further into
this mountain as there is nothing left. Head back to Mountain Path.

I definitely got EXP, and skill points for that battle. fyi ;p
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

eldrasidar wrote:you don't go berserk from taking a lot of damage, you go berserk from taking a lot of hits. the damage only matters to the violence rune. thus someone like Leo might only take 6 damage, but still go berserk because hit got hit 6 times. going berserk from a comrades death is automatic so far as I can tell, unless you have a ability from a spell or piece of equipment that overrides it.
if you were responding to my idea, it's probably because i didn't clarify "keep someone low HP"... i meant keep them at 1 HP so that Blood Armor KOs the character at the end of the first turn :)

TrueWater00 wrote:I definitely got EXP, and skill points for that battle. fyi ;p
yes, i agree with you... i'll email Akram to see if it can be updated....
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah i got that confused.