[Guide] Chris Level 99 Trick benefits & initial levels

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Level 99 Trick benefits

Post by KFCrispy »

no, Belle was questionable because we all used saved games. but for me, Belle joined at 97 or so.. for someone else, 99. maybe there can be a 2-3 or more level bonus from your saved game dependong on her level in Suikoden 2, but for me she joined 2 lvls below Chris (99).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

seems that Mua and Hallec just come at fixed levels or at least less than Hugo. my Hugo is 36, Hallec is 34 and Mua 35.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

KFCrispy wrote:no, Belle was questionable because we all used saved games. but for me, Belle joined at 97 or so.. for someone else, 99. maybe there can be a 2-3 or more level bonus from your saved game dependong on her level in Suikoden 2, but for me she joined 2 lvls below Chris (99).
Silly KF. Belle wasn't in Suikoden 2! XD

In one of the guides at GameFAQs, it shows that Belle and Gadget Z join at the same level, so take that for what it's worth.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah... well they get a bonus based on Mel's level from Suikoden 2
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Could Sasarai be recruiter-based? My FC was lvl 58 and Sasarai joined at the same level. does he always join at 58?

Futch definitely joins at a fixed level and with any bonus from the Suikoden 2 data.. he joined at 48 when i recruited him with my 99 Chris.

i think Duke and gang join at around the recruiter's level.. i might have to make correctsion but Duke and Gau were the same level as Geddoe while Elaine was 1 level below and Nicolas 1 level above.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

sasarai might be recruiter-based then, because i don't remember him joining at 58, i never really bother to get my characters that high, haha. but next time i go through it, i'll let you know for sure.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

KFCrispy wrote:yeah... well they get a bonus based on Mel's level from Suikoden 2
Silly KF! Mel isn't from Suikoden 2 either!!! :P

I think only Belle gets the bonus, because Gadget Z is always at Level 97, which is 99 minus 2 (yay math!)

Futch joins at the fixed level. He was always Level 74 in my game (leveled him up to 99 during S2) whether it was Hugo or Geddoe (never made Chris my FC) that recruited him.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Level 99 Trick benefits

Post by KFCrispy »

looking at this old thread, it doesn't look like we confirmed Sasarai so I'm adding a note for him.
update: Sasarai joined at lvl 57 in my Chris 99 game, so no bonus :(
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Chris Level 99 Trick benefits & initial levels

Post by KFCrispy »

i added some notes about watching her stat growth since ppl probably want her to get 3 swings and a level 4 spell.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Futch (fixed level + bonus. If he was lvl 99 in your Suikoden 2 data, he will join at Lv. 75)
Viki (recruiter's level + bonus)
Belle (recruiter's level + bonus)
Gadget Z (Belle's level)
Sanae Y (recruiter's level + bonus? If she gets a bonus, is it based on Freed Y or Yoshino?)
Bonus level? Explain please

On Blue Moon's trick to lvl 99 http://suikosource.com/games/gs3/indepth/level.php
You NEED parry and repel to survive the war battle, just remove it once you get to level 50+
Not taking it is just horrible, I rely a lot on Chris' parrying skills for that battle
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I didn't check infos myself but from reading these posts, i think they mean those bonus come from suikoden 2 transfer save data.

Like Futch s3 get bonus level if the futch in s2 was at high level
Belle get bonus if her mother Meg was at high level
Sanae is Freed and Yoshino's daughter so if the parents were at high level and you transfer save, Sanae will get bonus..so on..
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

How many bonus levels and how does the game determine the bonus level?

Also, fastest way to prepare yourself for the lvl 99 trick is
1.Save at Chris chapter 1
2.Get a gameover on FlameChampHideaway(Chris chapter 3) once you think your level is enough
3.Choose 'Don't give up' when prompted to

Note: Don't waste your time playing Hugo/Geddoe chapters, just go straight from Chris chapter one to Chris chapter 3 without recruiting anyone or doing treasure bosses. Just don't get sidetracked

That way, you'll respawn at a much higher level on chapter 1. No need to waste your time on grinding
Resulting in a much easier war battle and doesn't rely on luck so much :P
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I don't think it's much easier. You could level your team at FCHideaway to early 40s then do the game over trick but waste a good amount of time to advance the story. While doing the chris trick for the first time, roaming around until you defeat the area boss troll dragon, it will bring the whole pt to level 32-34 in one match. Then do the trick for 3-4 more times , there you got same level as you could reach at the end of chapter 3.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Oh, if I'm levelling at Plain Amur, it will be much faster. Silly me, all that time I'm wasting my life on Zexen forest :x

Then I could also amass those skill points faster which cuts down the lost time drastically since enemies at Plain Amur give more skill points

Eh wait, if you got game over, does it retain those hard-earned skill points :?:
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

^All of your skills are retained, alongside with your points.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...