Something I've been wondering regarding the last boss.

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
TwilightSky

Something I've been wondering regarding the last boss.

Post by TwilightSky »

Spoilers - yes I know game is ancient, but there's still some folks out there that missed out.

There seems to be a unique spell used from the True Earth Rune that we don't have access to, not even Sasarai himself possibly.

It seems to grant The Wind Rune Incarnation the ability to cast a reflect type spell.

I say this because you see it use the True Earth Rune and any spells cast after is reflected back. Maybe I'm wrong? I have been wondering this for years. I checked all the True runes it has access to, and Silent Lake is the closest thing but it blocks magic rather than reflect it.

Edit: This seems to be an exclusively stronger version of Canopy Defense. For the player, it's for one spell. For the boss, seems to be several rounds.
ninjaluc79

Re: Something I've been wondering regarding the last boss.

Post by ninjaluc79 »

TwilightSky wrote:It seems to grant The Wind Rune Incarnation the ability to cast a reflect type spell.

I say this because you see it use the True Earth Rune and any spells cast after is reflected back. Maybe I'm wrong? I have been wondering this for years. I checked all the True runes it has access to, and Silent Lake is the closest thing but it blocks magic rather than reflect it.

Edit: This seems to be an exclusively stronger version of Canopy Defense. For the player, it's for one spell. For the boss, seems to be several rounds.
This spell seems to be a throwback to Suikoden 2's Wind-element spell Storm Warning, which allows the caster to block and reflect one spell.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Something I've been wondering regarding the last boss.

Post by KFCrispy »

Yes the boss cast a reflection spell, and I believe it comes from the Earth Rune. You can cancel it by casting Canopy Defense, but there's no explanation on why its version reflects while yours only nullifies besides "Added difficulty."