Lottery Time Question

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
knight85

Lottery Time Question

Post by knight85 »

A few days ago i decided to start into suikoden 3 on the ps3 (I was gonna do it on my modded ps2 but i figured, i paid for the download. i may as well use it)

anyway i started into hugo's first chapter tonight and headed for duck village for some lottery.

i made a misake the first time by checking whether or not the new lottery period was up before i saved and wound up only making 33,000 potch. not chump change i'll admit but not what i was after.

so i decided to do another lottery period and try again. only this time it took me about 45 minutes for the second lottery period to end, i know that because i had nearly ended the first hour of game time when i bought the tickets.

any ideas on whym it took so long?
Toasticles

Re: Lottery Time Question

Post by Toasticles »

I seem to recall there being approximately an hour reset time for the lottery periods. It may be less than that but an hour is a guaranteed reset I think.

In fact I think it was that way for about everything in the game. So if you're trying to get a specific item from one of the skeletons you find in certain areas, or want one of the area bosses to respawn so you can try for specific loot from their chest, or want to find the results of the lottery you can simply leave the game on for an hour and come back.

Oh and as you know you want to save the game before checking that way you can reset if you don't get what you wanted.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

got it thanks

yesterday when i was playing hugo's 1st chapter i managed to get then 500,000 potch prize in zexen.

plus i've got 2 100,000 prizes as geddoe so far. that should set me up for a bit
Toasticles

Post by Toasticles »

I'm always grinding to level up skills and get money for all the best gear.

I just don't feel like I'm kicking the game's butt unless I get everything I can. I've dropped 20+ hours into the game before just in Hugo chapter 1 getting the best gear, lots of Potch, leveling up skills, and farming up Gale Runes. Gotta have those Gale Runes ^_^
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

Toasticles wrote:I'm always grinding to level up skills and get money for all the best gear.

my way playing every rpg game (with level drop money best gear mechanic)
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

i have dumb question about this ¿reset time of lottery its same for rare finds?
Toasticles

Post by Toasticles »

I'm not sure what the time is for resetting shop items but an hour would be a safe bet.

If I'm looking for a certain rare item, or rather several of them, I will save before checking the shop and reset until they have the item I want. Then if they do not have as many of the item as I need I will go away for an hour and when I return I will save again and check the shop to see if they have more of what I want, resetting until the item appears again.

Early in the game I usually just run around fighting enemies for the hour so that I can level up my skills and so I can try for rare drops from enemies like the Gale rune. Late game when I have access to the entire map I will travel from one area boss to the next looting their chests for extra funds and checking the item shops after each complete circuit. On my old save I have everyone but the knights equipped with the best armor I can buy with their weapons all level 16. The Windspun Armor is the only thing I still need and I have only ever found one at a time in Le Buque. Given how much they cost each it has been a slow process getting them however I have managed to level up all the playable Stars and max their skills in that time. ^_^

If you don't feel like grinding away for an hour you can always just leave the game on and go do something else. Every once in a while I'll watch a movie and then come back to the game instead of playing the entire time.