Ultimate Support

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Toasticles

Ultimate Support

Post by Toasticles »

I decided to start playing Suikoden III again the other day and since a good friend of mine gave me all of his old PS2 stuff a while back, which included a CodeBreaker, I thought I might toy around with a few cheats and see what kind of interesting stuff I could do.

I noticed, somewhere, that you can modify a character's skills and that got me wondering.

Could you make the Ultimate Support by modifying their skills so that the 8 slots are filled with say Appraisal, Bath, Bujutsu Teacher, Potch Finder, Rune Sage, Trade-in, Treasure Hunt, and Tutor?
Toasticles

Re: Ultimate Support

Post by Toasticles »

Well I did it and I can say it is pretty stupidly broken.

I started out playing Hugo and since you don't get any support characters for quite a while I decided to just modify Lulu's skills with the CodeBreaker. (Giving him S ranks in Appraise, Bath, Bujutsu Teacher, Potch Finder, Rune Sage, Trade-in, Treasure Hunt, and Tutor) I figured with the damage output of Hugo and Fubar I didn't really need his help in battles and since he dies I didn't have to worry about trying to change his skills back later on. I could have just used codes to add a support into the party but I decided to go with the option that required manually entering less codes.

The increase in damage from an S rank Bujutsu Teacher and Rune Sage is phenomenal. There wasn't a single enemy which gave me any trouble at all until after Lulu's death.

I played the lottery early as always and then went out and did some grinding so I could level up my skills while I was waiting for the results. The lottery turned out to be unnecessary due to the S rank Potch Finder and because I could sell off all the worthless loot I collected in large amounts due to the S rank in Treasure Hunter. I sold all the medicine I got as well because the S rank Bath skill left me at full health after every fight. In fact I made more Potch selling off the numerous Alertness runes Medicine Screws and Failure Urns than I got from the lottery.

The time saved not having to go back to town to train skills or sell junk was certainly nice as well.

Ultimately I don't recommend doing this though unless you just want to rush through the game again to see the story. It really does take away all the fun and challenge of playing.

The only time I might suggest this is for people who really hate the grind of the Thomas chapters and want to get through them much more easily.