S3 Chapter 3 end plot

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Kobold

S3 Chapter 3 end plot

Post by Kobold »

I'm currently replaying S3 and a question just popped in my mind regarding a potential 'plot hole'

At the end of chapter 3 for all three characters, you're supposed to end up in the FC hideout, being the only one to teleport in and leaving your party member behind. Chronologically, I think it was Chris that first arrives, followed by Hugo and Geddoe. Question though is wth are your party members doing outside while you're in there? Why aren't Chris' party members still outside when Hugo arrives? And so on when Geddoe arrives.

I always thought it'd be interesting if the left-behind party members actually met up with each other and they're like uh right let's wait together for our leaders to show up again. Especially how some of these party members have links to each other. Like Joker and Nash.

Which brings me to another question. I can't really remember but does S3 have any conversation/indication at all that Joker and Nash are acquainted to each other?
Long time lurker...
gildedtalon

Re: S3 Chapter 3 end plot

Post by gildedtalon »

Kobold wrote:I can't really remember but does S3 have any conversation/indication at all that Joker and Nash are acquainted to each other?
No
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Actually, Joker makes a reference to it in one of his comment box letters, noting that Nash sometimes calls him Wan. But yeah, there's no dialogue or anything relating to it in the plot.

As for the end of Chapter 3, yeah, it's a tiny bit of a plot hole, but presumably after each character disappears, the rest of their party heads back to Chisha village after fruitlessly trying to get through the portal. Considering the shortness of time between each one's arrival though, it would seem highly unlikely for the various parties to not overlap at all. One could also wonder how Sana gets into the room ahead of both Chris and Hugo.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's definitely a plothole, and i don't think any of the allies would leave the cave, unless the main characters have disappeared for a *really* long time. but when they're teleported in by the FC Spirit to help defend against Masked Bishop & company, each of the hero's party they looks like they were waiting around together (especially Geddoe's team) but hadn't seen the other hero's parties.