III has the most messed up SoD lineup (spoilers)

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: III has the most messed up SoD lineup (spoilers)

Post by Sasarai10 »

eldrasidar wrote:I mean... a lot of the characters in 4 look fairly 19th or 20th century.

Gareth as well is looking very modern:

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/i ... har_id=770
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Somehow the modern look of IV didn't feel out of place to me. The general theme made it acceptable. That is something III did not accomplish. Jefferson, Kenji, Kathy, and even Twaikin looked jarringly anachronistic. The modern trappings in IV were more subtle and blended in better. Maybe because III had so many exotic looking characters that the modern ones stood out more? I don't know. It just felt off to me when IV did not.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

We prefer pre-industrial looks, I guess that pretty much sums it up. I mean no one complains about Hallec who has a millennia BCE look, while for example Narcissists and modern looking characters are actually more close in the timeline, thus actually being less anachronistic. Genso doesn't mean pre-industrial, there were already robots in S1, so there's nothing that can be called anachronistic, but I agree to you all, the characters you've mentioned are ana-my-taste, and Moroon is the superlative.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Let's not forget Yuber, who went from being an archetypal black knight with classical fantasy armour, to wearing a suit and top hat looking like he just stepped out of a dance video.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:We prefer pre-industrial looks, I guess that pretty much sums it up. I mean no one complains about Hallec who has a millennia BCE look, while for example Narcissists and modern looking characters are actually more close in the timeline, thus actually being less anachronistic. Genso doesn't mean pre-industrial, there were already robots in S1, so there's nothing that can be called anachronistic, but I agree to you all, the characters you've mentioned are ana-my-taste, and Moroon is the superlative.
I think we've got a topic somewhere with out-of-sync things and characters...anybdy remember?

sticky-runes wrote:Let's not forget Yuber, who went from being an archetypal black knight with classical fantasy armour, to wearing a suit and top hat looking like he just stepped out of a dance video.

The reason he threw away his armor,was because he wasn't a general this time,and chose clothes to fit with the group he was part of. I guess Pesmerga would dress in a similar way if he was in S3,with the exception his hair would be black...LOL
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Do you think they were trying to go for a Jack the Ripper kind of look with Yuber in 3?