Are there any references to Viktor or Flik in this game?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
LarpWarrior

Are there any references to Viktor or Flik in this game?

Post by LarpWarrior »

I'm playing this game for the first time and I just had Edge die in one of the war battles in chapter 5. I reset the game to the last save because of that but I am near the end of the game and am wondering if I've missed any sidequests with Edge or the star dragon sword. Is there anything I can do in the game to get more information on how Edge came to possess the star dragon sword? I've seen references online about how Edge met Viktor and Flik while they were on a journey or something like that but no references about actual gameplay. No spoilers please as this is my first play through, thanks!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Are there any references to Viktor or Flik in this game?

Post by wataru14 »

They appear in one of the play scripts if you upload Suikoden 2 data (that has a Suikoden 1 game also uploaded), but there are no special quests or scenes related to them otherwise.
LarpWarrior

Post by LarpWarrior »

Yes my current save file has suikoden 1 and 2 data on it, what do I do to get them to appear in the play script?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

It's not them specifically, but you can find two scripts. One is a corpse treasure in the Cyndar Ruins and one is in the Mt. Senai treasure boss chest. Script #6: "Imperial Love" and Script #5: "Neclord's End" are the script titles. Viktor and Flik are castable roles in both scripts.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The information how Edge got the sword is from a Japanese only publication, I think.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Edge is basically the "lovechild" of Fliktor, so he and the Star Dragon Sword are references :p
it's hard to remember, but the Star Dragon Sword may possibly have a line alluding to Viktor but his name is not actually mentioned by SDS or Edge.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:It's not them specifically, but you can find two scripts. One is a corpse treasure in the Cyndar Ruins and one is in the Mt. Senai treasure boss chest. Script #6: "Imperial Love" and Script #5: "Neclord's End" are the script titles. Viktor and Flik are castable roles in both scripts.

Neclord's ENd is kinda wrong isn't it??? What Flik has to do with Neclord? Kahn was supposed to be in the script but he isn't :?
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

That's how history work, isn't it? I think Suikoden nailed it very hard here. One person who actively present in an event got erased from the page of history in favour of someone more famous (Flik) who didn't participate in the event at all.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

Edge, I think, has a line in that play: wow, the story get twisted pretty hard.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

in the manga version, they show characters acting out the scene, and Lilly is in the audience saying "they've really changed it, haven't they?"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Suikoden V also shows how Suikoden IV's events got changed by the passing of the story through time. it's a very nice touch.
JordanKerk99

Post by JordanKerk99 »

I believe the book in the library that talks about the Dunan Unification War (Suikoden 2) has a lot of historical inaccuracies as well, such as claiming that the surprise attack on the Youth Brigade was done by Jowston and not Luca.