Naming Budehuc Castle

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Naming Budehuc Castle

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

bluemask wrote:
Edit: I just realized, I think I'm being overly dramatic. To review a series of thousands or even millions of lines isn't really easy... I guess, they're not paid for double-checking everything.
THat was my point indeed: not enough money is invested in translation. That's why they suck more and more.

But anyway, the game would not have sold more copies in the US if the translation had been better, right? So why would they care?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, even FF VII, often considered one of the bast RPGs ever, suffers from a bad translation. id on't know how it is in English, but it's bad in German. The PSX and PC version are also different, which is strange.

One major complaint of mine is continuity. The Rage Rune is translated into German literally (S II), as Blaze (S IV and Tactics) and Inferno (S V). And even though IV and Tactics were coming out very closely to each other, the translation differs sometimes. It's just irritating.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

FF7 was very difficult to understand. The plot is already complicated (and certainly could have used a lot of editing...) but thanks to the terrible translation you lose the point several times.

The worstestmost translation of an RPG is Secret of Mana in French. I still don't know what the story is about. It's ridiculous. Still, I loved the game because of the multiplayer thing.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Weren't the Sindar called the Cyndar in Suikoden 3?
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

The series, even after more than a decade, still surprises us the fans with this little secrets.

About translation error, check this website -> Keeper of the Flame
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.