Naming Budehuc Castle

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
tadhi

Naming Budehuc Castle

Post by tadhi »

I don't know if you already know this, but naming Budehuc Castle as Toran Castle will trigger this scene:

and if you named it Dunan Castle, it will trigger this:

:lol: :lol:

credit to @bluealbatross on twitter
gildedtalon

Re: Naming Budehuc Castle

Post by gildedtalon »

AHAHAHAA .
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

OMFG!!!!!!!!

Does it really say Matthew? Awesome.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

probably you have to have S2 data (with S1 data along) uploaded to trigger it...correct?

it seems that Lucia still holds a grunge about her-then enemies,even if 15 years have passed :lol:
tadhi

Post by tadhi »

Sasarai10 wrote:probably you have to have S2 data (with S1 data along) uploaded to trigger it...correct?

it seems that Lucia still holds a grunge about her-then enemies,even if 15 years have passed :lol:
i don't think so, because he played on emulator, so he couldn't transfer data from suikoden 2 to suikoden 3 :lol:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But it's possible to transfer it even on emulator, right?

But Toran Castle is also the default name given in Suikoden II, so they could have very well implemented it
tadhi

Post by tadhi »

Antimatzist wrote:But it's possible to transfer it even on emulator, right?

But Toran Castle is also the default name given in Suikoden II, so they could have very well implemented it
i don't know if it's possible, but it's confirmed he didn't load data from Suikoden 2 :D
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Nice find! I'm actually more distrubed of Mathiu being spelled as "Matthew" lol. For a sec., I was wondering if there was a character that goes by that name.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

bluemask wrote:Nice find! I'm actually more distrubed of Mathiu being spelled as "Matthew" lol. For a sec., I was wondering if there was a character that goes by that name.

And Gustav is spelled as Gustaf. Probably just a mistake :)
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

And in Suikoden 1 North Window is called Northwind, and in Suikoden 2 Leon Silverberg is called Leon Silverburg.... THey alreay can't translate alright, we can't expect them to keep a consistant spelling on top of that!
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Kimberly to Kimberley, Kun To to Kun Tze (wut) and many others. We can't say it's just a mistake! It's already beyond acceptable :x Who knows they might be doing that on purpose for the lolz.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No, they just don't put a lot of effort into continuity. Mathiu and Matthew are the same in Japanese, as well as Silverberg and Silverburg. It's just annoying.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Just how many times do they have to translate before realizing the error? True Holy -> True Godspeed... -> Godspeed. Don't they ever proof-read translations?

Maybe that's the charm of the game, a guessing game -_-
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Translators suck in every language because they are less and less professional. In a trade which used to employ qualified people for a good price, they now give final cut to college graduates who claim to be "fluent" after they took a year of language course.

I remember watching a French-subtitled version of "Annie Hall". At some point, Woody Allen talks about Earl Warren. The dumbass who wrote the subtitles translated "Earl" as if it were the nobility title... Can you imagine? "The Count Warren, chief justice of the united states, chairing the investigation commission on the assassination of JFK..."
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Translators suck in every language because they are less and less professional. In a trade which used to employ qualified people for a good price, they now give final cut to college graduates who claim to be "fluent" after they took a year of language course.

I remember watching a French-subtitled version of "Annie Hall". At some point, Woody Allen talks about Earl Warren. The dumbass who wrote the subtitles translated "Earl" as if it were the nobility title... Can you imagine? "The Count Warren, chief justice of the united states, chairing the investigation commission on the assassination of JFK..."
Well, that's interesting to know. Which I'm disappointed, specially if they're translating works that have a name already. Which would just make things worse or weird.

I think they should have practical knowledge of what they are translating about... I mean, if the translation doesn't make sense, isn't it time to double-check or at least review the context? I'm talking about the rune names.

Edit: I just realized, I think I'm being overly dramatic. To review a series of thousands or even millions of lines isn't really easy... I guess, they're not paid for double-checking everything.