gale rune

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
eldrasidar

gale rune

Post by eldrasidar »

anyone have any tips and/or tricks for getting a gale rune? It's the one item that always seems to give me trouble getting.
Oliopro

Re: gale rune

Post by Oliopro »

I may have just been lucky, but I got two Gale runes in Hugo Chapter 2 on the North Amur Plains after a total of 4-5 fights.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

it's funny, out of about 1000 hours of gameplay in suikoden 3 over the last decade, I've never gotten a single one. It's the only item I've never gotten.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

It's dream robe, the item I never got in S3 unless I'm using Luc coz the robe is equipped on him
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you pretty much have to farm Gale Runes in Hugo Chapter 1 with Feather, Lulu, and Sgt. Joe
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

5 hours of farming with the three of them in chapter 1 hugo, I've gotten exactly nothing. will try again in chapter 2.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Don't use Hugo mounted with Fubar
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

gildedtalon wrote:Don't use Hugo mounted with Fubar
Hugo being mounted affects item drop rates?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Gildedtalon is referring to a post on here, that is related to a post on gamefaqs, where a player found that he was having an incredibly hard time getting fury runes, then split up hugo and fubar, and suddenly found that he had no problems getting them. Further testing showed though that mounted pairs had no effect on drop rates.

the post is here: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 10&t=12674
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

finally was able to pick 1 up in chapter 3 hugo, after 75 fights.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it certainly takes a while but at least you can get rich from the lottery and train skills while you farm.....
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

good thing gale rune's are way less helpful that fury runes for most characters. I'm mostly just excited to play around with some of the really slow characters and seeing which one's I can tweak up to a second swing using the gale rune, top commander appointment and equipment.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

the rune is pretty good for Koroku as well if I recall the math right. He should get 5 swings if gale rune and topcom were set (swing skill rank A, ~150 SPD, beast type weapon weight)
In that case gale rune would be almost equal to double strike rune in term of effectiveness.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i love augmenting speed to get those extra swings. Gale Rune, Feather Earrings, Blood Armor..
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

going from 2 up to 5 attacks is a 1.96 multiplier, so yeah, just under a double strike, close enough that when one factors in enemies guarding, probably works out to be the exact same, if not slightly better than a double strike rune. Gale is a big difference maker whenever it can at least double the number of attacks. Going from 2 to 4 attacks is a x1.64 multiplier and that is the worst one when doubling attacks.

Unfortunately, it's only able to do this by itself with a handful of characters: Duke, Koichi, Koroku, Connie, Kogoro. Of these guys, Duke obviously gets the most out of it directly, as he'll be getting the biggest damage multiplier at x1.75. He's also the only one that can combine it with a second rune like double strike. Gale also helps other characters squeeze up to their limits in ways they might not otherwise reach, without exploiting one of several "tricks"

Combined with top commander, Gale is able to help out several slow guys, as well as a lot of beasts. The most noteworthy characters that can be aided by the combination are Rico, Estella, and both Viki's. They are noteworthy simply because these 4 all have 1 or more unites that work with damage, so getting a second attack makes those unites more effective. They all also have 2+ runes free, so could combine with double strike and/or fury.